Working on different Van designs this is one finalist

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am non stop busy that is why I am adding this truck but i want to make sure everything jives. I personall like the one with the price point but every housewife I know picked the yellow and black

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Greg -

Did you do those photo shops yourself?

My opinion - It doesn't look like it was put together by a professional graphic designer, but a company that knows how to do vinyl installations. That is one of the main issues with companies that do "wraps" and "lettering" on trucks. They're either good at designing or good at something else. It's hard to find a shop that is great doing both. If I had both options, I would start looking for a new shop that makes something more memorable. Some shops will do simple things to see if you understand the importance of a good banner, meaning they figure that you don't know any better and do a simple low end design, so they spend less time creating drafts.

You're trying to appeal to your clientele, think who that is, and figure out what appeals to them. I'd also keep it down to 7 words or less, drivers don't have time to read every square inch at 25-55mph while talking on their cell phones.

Some of the best billboards have the least amount of words and go directly to the message.

$25 a room
Phone
Website
Add graphic(s), but don't go overboard. "A picture is worth a thousands words..."

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Thank You the one I liked isn't even in the finals. I have been basing it on housewives, woman and local bulletin boards

F

FB7777

first company I thought of was these guys

Avonteam.jpg

both designs stand out... I think the first one makes sense tho

shoot your guys are gonna have to drive like NASCAR drivers racing from house to house to make $25 at a pop

:mrgreen:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Greg Crowley said:
so you have no opinion on one or the other even though that was the question. Great thanks you were very helpful. Oh and these weren't put together by a wrap company or a sign company

I'm trying to help you out, if you want the honest answer, I think both suck.

Spend the money and go PRO, just like clients come to you for your expertise, if you go cheap and do it yourself, than your return will also suck.

How's that for an answer?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
you have horrendous taste in entertainment and you must have a large sausage if you can bring your wife to "the last shot" for a night out, so I have respect for your opinion the first one has tested the best but i like number 2 for price point and professionalizism. I did have several guys on the boards with large businesses say number on what would you do?

shoot your guys are gonna have to drive like NASCAR drivers racing from house to house to make $25 at a pop

As Low as $25 a room

F

FB7777

I think the second design is much better than the first

If you are considering making a change to your fleet, Bill Martins is giving some sound input

I would seriously consider some kind of Picture if I was changing my trucks, with minimal lettering that gets to the points he outlined.... name # and what we do

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Greg Crowley said:
you have horrendous taste in entertainment and you must have a large sausage if you can bring your wife to "the last shot" for a night out, so I have respect for your opinion the first one has tested the best but i like number 2 for price point and professionalizism. I did have several guys on the boards with large businesses say number on what would you do?

What I would do is find a few local companies that do not do what you do, meaning other businesses in other industries, find some vans, logos, wraps that you like, call those businesses up and ask them who did it for them. Once you get that info, take your 2 designs and show them what you have in mind, and see how they can make it more appealing to your own market. If they are really good artists, than they will improve your #1 or #2 designs and or give you better ideas that you have not thought about yet. If the designs are mediocre, than I'd start doing a local Google search till you find someone who stands out from the rest.

Since I don't know what your other vans look like, I would try to stay more or less the same, or if you really like the new design that a pro shop drafts for you, tell them up front on what kind of deal they'll give you if you bring all 3 vans and get it done all in one shot. This way you don't have one design that is different than the other 2. This might also save the shop $ to do all 3 at once(usually you can take one van in at a time, they'll work with you).

That's what I would do.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the 2 were narrowed down from over 25 designs by customers, local bulletin boards, facebook and a survey of housewives and neighbors

I couldn't find your company anywhere and I have 5 vehicles and you have misunderstood the question so I am going to let you alone. You can use your geniuus on your own company I questioned whether to put this out and i appreciate your input but I just don;t think i hit the talent sometimes. good night and please forward me your web address or any other info on you company so I can see what you do.
Thanks

A

amazingcleansc

Greg. I like the whole concept of your company. The first truck is easier to read and has a better shot of someone impulsively dialing the number, or for that matter even getting a chance to read the website, because thats what we're going for, right?

Higher chance of phone call=higher chance of appointment=higher chance of work=money.

That price point in a dot on the second one requires my brain to 1) look at the dot 2)squint to see the lettering 3)then maybe read it. If I'm driving i need to be able to get the message in one quick swoop or we might miss a connection.

And in van 2.. Red, Green and Yellow on White looks Tacky. Dont believe me? do this. go to Google images.

Google "futuristic" and you'll see blue and green with a splash of something else in EVERY picture. not a single one will have those 3 colors.

google "clean" tons of pictures with primarily blue and green with a little bit of other things

Google "tacky" and you'll find 3 images on the first page with red/green/yellow put together.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Greg Crowley said:
I couldn't find your company anywhere and I have 5 vehicles and you have misunderstood the question so I am going to let you alone. You can use your geniuus on your own company I questioned whether to put this out and i appreciate your input but I just don;t think i hit the talent sometimes. good night and please forward me your web address or any other info on you company so I can see what you do.
Thanks

I wish I was a genius. Just have an eye for certain things.

Amazingcleansc is on the right track about colors, I think Bryan mentioned something about colors on another post.

I mentioned your other 2 vehicles since you mentioned it on another post, so you have 5 vehicles great, whichever way, branding(designs) "should" all look the same if it's targetting the same business/division.

Pmed you as well.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am going to call #1 a winner here and that doesn't mean i will go with that but from the responses #1 is it. i personally liked #2 and this is out of 23 amazing designs, you guys only got to see the bullshit I thought needed you opine. The problem with number one is 1 car and 2 vans need letter changes as well as letterhead and invoices envelopes etc
I focused gropuped it with 20 females from my neighborhood today at a lia sophia party and 95% picked #1 I gave them 4 options only 1 went with the design I liked
I also walked the neighborhood and talked with 5 friends all said #1 and the scary part is I had no interest in that design

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
here is one of my vans the other is plain white because it is strictly commercial the cars are a mitsubishi diamanti and a pontiac fiero with the same logo as my avatar but all will be changed except the big truck which will retire in a year or two. The machines are APEX, EVEREST and a Bruin
Picture248.jpg

Ron K

That REAR shot is wrong on so many different levels.

My dog liked it!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
that red and green version is much better
it did take me a few seconds to see the 25dollarsaroom website. harder to fit it in on the passenger side but the website could go on a slant right below Carpet Cleaning, read the name and the next line is your website.

Amazing

Don't do reverse on the hood, your not an ambulance.

Front end exposure while backed into a driveway is more important than a rear view mirror impression.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
1st one is the one I liked. Use the Kiss principal. do what the ladies want, Its always worked for me :wink:

Amazing

Your name on the drivers door?

If you are adding vans why the name on the side of the truck?

Ya can only drive one at a time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:

Waaaayyy better.
I would bring down the size of the name and bring up the size of the "Carpet Cleaning"

You could always add "Clean" to "Extreme"...."Extreme Clean Carpet Cleaning"

Let them know what you do more than who you are.

I prefer Carpet and Tile Cleaning in the name but that's just me
"Extreme Clean Carpet and Tile Cleaning"....It's OK to say clean twice in the title.

Take out "Now" and just leave it as "A green Cleaning Company"

And last but not least....I would switch that pic of the machine for a pic of a family or somthing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dude, take the pic of the dog ass out...that's just wrong. :shock:

If you bring the size of the logo down a bit you can make the $25 special stand out more.

The Scotchgard logo is really good.

Color scheme is really good.

This van will make the fact that your name sucks irrelevant. :mrgreen: :wink:

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thats my favorite one, the last one... but can you move the dogs tail down on the back, so its butt hole isnt just there showing. You might have wild animals trying to hump your van. lol looks good though

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Not much point saying "Now" a green cleaning company.

Why confuse what you might have been before with what you are today?

A

amazingcleansc

should "teflon" and "scotchguard" be on the side of a vehicle that says green? Is that how you want to define your company?

rick imby

Name
Rick
I like the first one.

Your website I like also but except for the fine print. Make the fine Print big, My old eyes had trouble reading the room sizes and my mind stumbled to figure out the difference between the packages. Could you maybe highlight the advantages to the upsell packages so us old half blind dummies could figure it out?

I understand that you have the job itemized in the order that you do them. Maybe have the $32 package upsell in Blue type like a hyperlink. and the same with the Upsell to the Gold package.

If you took it back to a two column and used the added width for larger print of the three packages? It is a fixed width format that works for 15 inch monitors, you could go to flexible width.

Rick

I know you weren't after a Website evaluation...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The first one will be more readable a 45 mph.

A lot of the wraps here you can't hardly tell what the company is even when they are standing still.

Those graphic designers don't know that simple can often be better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom