Worst one yet .need advice

Mr.cleansalot

Name
JAMES FISHER
20200804_131728.jpg

Mr.cleansalot

Name
JAMES FISHER
So talking to dat he recommended acid clean first .
I have never used acid on stone .
Any advice to get through this in a decent time frame would be greatly appreciated.
I booked it for 2 weeks out i tried to book after class in Vegas they need it done asap .

Reactions: DAT

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Just saw this. Acid on Marble? You're going to etch the crap out of it. Why do people put marble in their showers!

Reactions: Jimmy L

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
looks to be "etched" or honed as can possibly be, so whats to lose....
My reasoning is to do initial weak acid wash with towel to get initial layer off cause it appears pretty bad. The acid will weaken even more once applied. I wouldn't allow dwell time any more 5 sec or so and rinse. Sections at a time. After thats done, use dip pads.

After doing more research, it seem using dip pad may be all you need for it as well stone scrub.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
no no...

once you have THIS shower owner committed to paying you, what would be your first "cleaning " step?

and what happened to our Reno buddy?

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
looks like emperador brown marble

Looks to be already heavily damaged from "acid cleaning", hence the damage directly below on floor.

DIPs will not work

Unless you are experienced in resin honing walls and compound polishing, would not take on job

EB can be on more difficult side to polish.

Really needs to be profiled, to determine exactly what is gong on and how deep damage is, as it may less expensive to replace

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Looks to be already heavily damaged from "acid cleaning", hence the damage directly below on floor.

I initially thought the whole thing was chemically damaged, but the glass pane shows differently. What ya think of pane being consistent with rest of wall?

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
honestly look slike combination of both. the back wall looks to have aready "razored", as you can see footprints of hard water dust.

Reactions: Mikey P

Todd Slamen

Name
Todd Slamen
test with razor blade if it comes off easy its soap scum hard it calcium. Mb stone (mb3) makes a great soap scum remover, inspect grout lines around shower pan or the weep holes are clogged there is a water line at bottom water coming from behind, is not going to come out, I would start off with a 4in razor blade to scrape of must be new change often have had really good luck with a 500 grit antiquing brush followed by a polish I would charge $900 with no guarantee on the bottom row

Reactions: Donwand

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom