Would a Zipper..

Ron K

solve the problem I;m seeing with a lot of Commercial work lately. I don't do much commercial at all but the work I see looks like shit. First off for the first couple of years they are cleaned using foam and bonnet and just over chemicaling IE (CAC). Then they call a truck mount guy and it still looks like crap. Then they call me and I say you don't need cleaning you need restorative cleaning not just steam cleaning. I see a lot of overlap cleaning meaning where the wand strokes overlap theres a clean line. It looks real bad. Would PC,a 175, and a Zipper take care of the problem on CGD? They do seem to be vacuumed well.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Are you talking about the overlap between cleaning sections? Years ago when using under powered machinery the lines would wick. I think they are called Zebra stripes. If so the answer is yes.

Name
Marcus
solve the problem I;m seeing with a lot of Commercial work lately. I don't do much commercial at all but the work I see looks like shit. First off for the first couple of years they are cleaned using foam and bonnet and just over chemicaling IE (CAC). Then they call a truck mount guy and it still looks like crap. Then they call me and I say you don't need cleaning you need restorative cleaning not just steam cleaning. I see a lot of overlap cleaning meaning where the wand strokes overlap theres a clean line. It looks real bad. Would PC,a 175, and a Zipper take care of the problem on CGD? They do seem to be vacuumed well.

Ron ....need to know more detail about your equipment...
Is it a teuckmount...what is the engine size..heat and blower size....
I do a lot of resturants for 12..14 years ran into just about everything..but you gotta have the right equipment

Thanks bro
Cap

Ron K

I 'm not the one doing the work yet I think the work was done by someone with a pretty large TM. I my self have a 20HP Legend I would only be running about 100'.

Erik they seem to be Zebra stripe but clean lines not wick back.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I call it railroading but the same thing. It's from an improperly set up wand and or lack of knowledge. The biggest advantage is you can't screw up with the zipper if you keep it moving. Not true with the wand especially on olefin Berber in a house or glue down. It will let you flush better because it won't lock down easily on glue Down. The biggest problem on commercial is lock down which now means you are no longer removing water or soil. The bigger the blower the worse lock down is. The proof is in the wicking. The hoss has slots in its shoes to prevent it. Your wand glide needs cats claws and it will work better on glue down. A utility knife will make nice clean vees.

Gene

Reactions: Erik
Name
Marcus
I 'm not the one doing the work yet I think the work was done by someone with a pretty large TM. I my self have a 20HP Legend I would only be running about 100'.

Erik they seem to be Zebra stripe but clean lines not wick back.
Don't know if you are doing a restuarant? But you gotta have heat..kero is my choice......
If it is just regular commercial carpet the zipper will help but you may run into some problems without enough heat On some of these grease pits.
Cap

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I think the work was done by someone with a pretty large TM. I my self have a 20HP Legend I would only be running about 100'.

you've been around long enough to know it's the man, not the machine, Ron

what you're seeing is just what Gene alluded to....a clueless mOOnpie on the end of the wand

your restorative plan sounds like a sound one to me.
I haven't had the pleasure of using the Zip, but used drag wands for a lot of years.
one man on the roto scrub, one man on the drag wand, and you'll restore a lot of real-estate in a most efficient manner

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Ron K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom