Would somebody PLEASE tell Waldo how to do a HydroForce bucket test..

Mikey P

Administrator
I've told him 3 times now and either I suck at explaining this simple procedure, he's on drugs or he is just plain stoOpid.

He needs to know exactly how much his 7 quart inline sprayer is really putting out so he accurately mix his Powders Du Jour

F

FB7777

The boy sure does love to inbox people with question after question after question

Name
Lee Stockwell
Put a few drops of food color (prefer blue) in ONE Gallon of water. Pour into an EMPTY HF or Spraymaster.

Get an empty 5 gallon jug (prefer clear hedpak) to spray into for output measurement. Get two if you don't care to dump the bucket in the middle of this test.

Set truckmount pressure at 400 psi. Start spraying until the bucket is full. Dump and start on the second bucket full. Go until the HF jug is empty.

There you have it.

If you can multi-task you may care to note the time to go thru a gallon of HF content.

(hope you didn't spill any on your clothes...I wear dark blue uniforms)

Mikey P

Administrator
and what the hell do you mean one gallon.??

Fill the damn hydro force like you normally would and start filling measured buckets at the speed, pressure and temp you normally would, until you run the HF empty. If you run a 7 quart jug with no meter tip I could tell you what the output would be but that would be cheating.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Using either 5 or 7 quart HF jug full will complicate getting an accurate "gallons IN to gallons OUT" ratio.

Color is handy to see if chemical is drawn when testing hotter as well. Don't bother if you are happy with just guessing.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
There's nothing consistent about a HF, save for being unreliable for consistent metering .

if you want consistent solution at any psi and temp, with any pre-spray powder or liquid, you need an electric sprayer...period

..L.T.A.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
This is one reason I mostly use Bridgepoint products. I'm not sure what is so complicated. I mostly use Bio Break or Flex powder w/Citrisolv. The directions clearly state how to mix them in a HF sprayer including what tip to use. I use a little 4 oz mixing cup because the Bio Break calls for 12 ounces and the Flex calls for 16 ounces in my 5 quart sprayer, both with the yellow metering tip. Flex mixes quite a bit easier than the BB but neither is a huge problem. Fill the sprayer halfway up (preferably warm water), add powder, cover the hole with one hand while you shake the container like crazy, finish filling with warm water, and give one final shake. I've done it this way probably thousands of times with very few issues that's why I continue to use the HF sprayer. It may not be the most consistent way to do it but it is consistent enough to be used on carpet and super convenient. Maybe the products he is using are not as good or consistent as Bridgepoint?

The Clean Machine

Mikey P

Administrator
Gallons in...gallons out..we Lee??

Are you kidding me.All anyone needs to know is what that full jug is producing RTE wise..

WALDO DO NOT LISTEN TO STOCKWELL.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
One more caveat to really drive Waldo batty......

If you use anything but water-thin liquids in the bottle, your test will be off.
You will need to re-do the test with the thicker liquid.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Lee Stockwell
Gallons in...gallons out..we Lee??

Are you kidding me.All anyone needs to know is what that full jug is producing RTE wise..

WALDO DO NOT LISTEN TO STOCKWELL.

You and your alter-ego are so easily confused. No need to shout if you don't understand. :-)

Name
Lee Stockwell
There's nothing consistent about a HF, save for being unreliable for consistent metering .

if you want consistent solution at any psi and temp, with any pre-spray powder or liquid, you need an electric sprayer...period

..L.T.A.
I understand your long-held disdain for induction sprayers Larry...to each their own.

However they work pretty reliably if well maintained, and if temperature limits are understood.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've told him 3 times now and either I suck at explaining this simple procedure, he's on drugs or he is just plain stoOpid.

He needs to know exactly how much his 7 quart inline sprayer is really putting out so he accurately mix his Powders Du Jour

"Accurately" mixing powders is a very subjective and ultimately useless goal be itself. The water in the jug must be able to dissolve the amount of powder added to it to avoid clogging.

Then when spraying use just enough to do the job, given the variations in soil in the room. No two are alike. Using the term "accurately" implies that manufacturers of chemicals know better than you how much to use, which is often wildly wrong.

Test for yourself.

Mikey P

Administrator
Lee do you run your HIS with a meter tip?

You guys with your electric sprayers...lordy I would have to re fill a 2.5 jug to 4 times on most small jobs, probably 5 times on a 5 roomer...

No thanks

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Lee Stockwell
I premix 5 gallons in a hedpak to refill the injection sprayers. Makes less mess, more consistant, dissolves better.

Although I love our battery sprayers too, I'd hate to have to use them to put down the volume of product in the time it takes. We use them only for protectors and such.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Bingo.

Hack.
Without the tip usually pulls 1:4 or so. Tip restricts the draw to 1:8 up to 1:10 or more.

We only run without the metering tip at high heat or big projects, sometimes even removing the check ball and spring to really rock and roll.

We hack with the best of them if needed.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I run with no tip and mix 6oz into a 2.5 gallon jug for most of my cleaning. Running without a tip will give you a better idea if it's drawing right.. Premixing powders in a larger containers is the way to go.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
However they work pretty reliably if well maintained,

only if you use the exact same liquid chem at the exact same dilution rates at the same psi, temp and hose run length
otherwise, your draw is different ...it will draw more of less depending

HF are convenient and very efficient for one man crew ..too many variables make them inconsistent for us to use everyday

Wal'doh
get your head out of your daddy's azz and start using an electric sprayer ...you won't have to count as high...:redface::biggrin:

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
only if you use the exact same liquid chem at the exact same dilution rates at the same psi, temp and hose run length
otherwise, your draw is different ...it will draw more of less depending

HF are convenient and very efficient for one man crew ..too many variables make them inconsistent for us to use everyday

We use them every day with with 1 or 2 man crew very efficiently. Prespray time is a tiny proportion of the operation if both are on the ball. On very large or complicated jobs we will run a separate dedicated line for it. It takes at most 3 or 4 minutes per room.

Reactions: FB7777

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I run one with no tip and have to spray it outside on the grass or in the bushes for about 30 seconds before it will draw.

350 psi

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom