Would somebody PLEASE tell Waldo how to do a HydroForce bucket test..

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Just purchased a new HF. First one lasted me 10 years. Not bad.

Mikey, you run yours without a tip?

Mikey P

Administrator
yep.

Far more tolerant to heat, far less likely to plug that tiny hole and since we mix up something different for most jobs I want to run it empty every 500 feet or so. Less mess and waste and no need to carry a second jug.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
no tip....

spray a little heavier on the stains as i go to make sure it "foams" or draws

all things being equal (electric is a lighter spray, and the HF is heavier sooooo) but i go through about 3/4 of my 7qt for what my 10 gallon electric would do .. ( i have sprayed some jobs with the electric AND HF, sometimes because i have a helper elec, and sometimes, because i want to keep track of the HF output)

and i dont trust the output either, so i mix a little heavier then i have seen most do....granted, no soft water (but that is going to change this month WOOOHOOO) is another reason i mix a little higher....

Waldo...i know you use Cobbs.......run it right around 20oz a 7qt, slightly higher if its nasty, and you will be good to go....

OH another reason for knowing how far vs my electric.....this means (to me) it runs right about what 10 gallon output would be.....sOOOOOOO 2 oz a gallon = 20oz..

right or wrong, i figure it runs around 10 gallons....oh and i did a bucket test a few years back and it was about 10.....sooo there you go

Mikey P

Administrator
spray a little heavier on the stains as i go to make sure it "foams" or draws

same here, once a room Ill get the spray tip close enough to the carpet to create a foam, been doing this trick since I got my first HF back in 1990. HF gave one to Coit to try out and I was the only chimp willing to give it a shot. Been hooked ever since, aside from a one month stint wasting time and chemical trying to help Mytee get their electric spray to work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
For some unknown reason, I was bright enough to purchase extra Multi-Sprayer jugs when I purchased my first one. So, I don't have to refill the same one countless times on every job.

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
countless..

We average two jugs worth per full sized home.

which, I suppose, would be considered "countless" with your hand if you used the smaller container and had to use 3 or 4..

View attachment 3384

Last edited:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Holy cow Doug 20 ounces? My Gawd Ive been using eight ounces and seems fine. 10 ounces if its bad.

Golden Boy

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Nice vid! Thanks Mikey. You're right, the adjustable(revolution) one kinda sucks in ways. It was functional a damn long time for me though. I don't even know what I set it at. I set it once in the beginning and never touched it again. No way could I turn that knob now......way too corroded! Never done the bucket test with it either, so I don't really know what the ratio is. I just know that the sweet spot that i've found is 14 ounces of Powermax in the 5 quart jug.

Now that I've got a new one on the way, I'll do the bucket test on the old to see how much chem I'll need in the new. My guess is quite a bit less.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the video Mike. I didn't know what the plastic washer we for in my rebuild kit.

I Ben using a Mytee HIS and it has solid tip at 1:9. No tip.

Need to pull old twist off tip cover and see if it will thread on dema.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar

Thanks for the video Mike. I saw this tripod sort of thing on Amazon called Gorillapod. It looks like you can attach your phone or camera to it and stand it up or have it grab onto a nearby object. It might help free up a hand while shooting a video like this. I haven't tried it but thought it might help me to shoot some good videos of me swinging the 360i around. Thanks again.

The Clean Machine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom