Would you buy a WHITE MAGIC TM?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I almost bought a 1200 PTO a few years ago but after two distributers told me to watch out I bought something else.

So what is the story behind WM?

Other than Frank Kuse working there?

G

I had a 1600 back in the late 90s, similar to the new commander but simpler,but the 1800 was a whole other animal with an exhaust diverter from hell.

Kevin

Walrus said:
I almost bought a 1200 PTO a few years ago but after two distributers told me to watch out I bought something else.

I have three, very happy.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
C Pennington said:
Walrus said:

I have three, very happy.

Really. I have two. I put over twenty thousand hours on my 1987 Pro 1200 and now it's a back-up for my 2003 that has over five thousand hours. I'm going to use the 1987 today while the new one gets a starter put on. It still kicks em out with it's Sutorbilt no. 5.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I have reservations about the aluminum waste tank. My old Ballweber alum waste tank was subject to rotting out. Never a problem with SS tanks. I do love that #5 Sutor, though, and wish Butler would use it.

TimP

It really depends on who installed them and probably some to do with the model. I've heard that there were problems with white magics. Not as reliable....but I'm sure there are some that are fine that are out there. I could of bought a WM when I started (used) but decided to buy a HM.

Bruce Parsons

Sorry to report that we had several WM's in the late 90's and early 2000.

One of the the happiest day's of my life is when I bought my first WM. The happiest day of my life is when I sold the last one!

The drive chain ( clutch, drive shaft, blower) always were breaking down. We replaced too many clutches, drive shafts and 1 blower.

Some of the units couldn't attain temperature and WM couldn't even fix it.

Poorly designed machines. The 1200 series drive chain, at least at the time we owned them was way under built. The drive shafts were always out of line and causing tension on both ends including the blower.

Too many clutches replaced to even count! They weren't built to take the engine temperature and the bearing's constantly burned up in the drive shafts.

Maybe they're changed over the last several yrs. But when we had them, they were horrible. Should never have left Butler.

The Butler truck mount is by far and away the best truck out there for performance and service bar none. If you don't need one of the big trucks AT or V, do yourself a favor and buy the Butler , you won't be sorry.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Steve Lawrence said:
I have reservations about the aluminum waste tank. My old Ballweber alum waste tank was subject to rotting out. Never a problem with SS tanks. I do love that #5 Sutor, though, and wish Butler would use it.

I will let you know when the twenty one year old aluminum waste tank leaks on the WM. Just used old Betsy today. Kicked ass.

Greenie

STEVEC said:
Kuse isn't there anymore, don't know where he is.

Steve

Frank is gone!?

No wonder I've been waiting on that damn stair tool this long. When you go to shows, all you see is Frank, He might as well have been Mr. White Magic. Did Rob have him hit? :shock:

STEVEC

I don't think Rob has the balls to do that, unless he can order one on line while he's hiding behind a computer screen.

Steve

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
We heard at a dist conference that White Magic was kind of on the doward slide so it wouldn't surprise me that he went off and retired at his age.

Greenie

Frank ain't never gonna retire, and that pack of Kools will be engraved in his tombstone.

He might be wearing a different shirt, but I know he's in the biz somewhere.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Just bought WM demo truck they used at connections Orlando about 2 weeks ago, 2008 Pro 1200 HV with Volcan 20" inch of lift. I also bought a 2008 Pro1200 W Volcan 2 months ago. Last year I bought a HM 4.8 w salsa. In coparing the WM to the HM the WM has more Vac, and my new WM with the high vac package using 2 filter boxes for one wand Im getting unbelievable vacuum. I just hope the WM is just as reliable as my HM has been the past year.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've got a 2003 pro 1200 with 125,000 miles and 4000+ hours without a problem and great vac and heat. I'd buy another one.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My white magic cleans better than any machine I have used. (I have only used a hydro CDS and a hydro Slide in that were poorly maintained and on their last legs)

I get excellent results, but the chem-draw system gives me headaches, and it overheats too easily because it's made NOT to dump ANY water for cooling purposes. I have some trouble here and there but for the most part it gets good and hot and sucks great and makes my customers happy. (After the greenie pimps of course.)

The Preacher

most of the cleaners in Tallahassee run WM 1200. they seem to be the machine of choice around here. i have a friend who bought an old one (not well maintained) from a ServPro and got another 2-3 years out of it before he found a used 04 in Texas and it runs daily in the FLA heat.

lesterj2

well i have a WhiteMagic 1600 and I love the thing... Ive never used any other TM but im pretty sure they have some better ones being that my machine is over 10 years old...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wasn't WM the machine Rob Allen was having so many fits over ??????
or was that a different one.......

Name
jack zerkie
This is not fiction, in 1994 purchased a new Pro 1700 WM. It had a water cooled engine great for Florida weather,well it was junk some type gear problem in engine it just wouldn;t run. The factory was of no help,I spent my own money to have it fixed even while it was new.In 94 I had been cleaning with portables for the past 12 years. I lost over 50% of my work. I was lucky to get rid of at a big loss. I purchased a new Hydramaster 470D had a few problems but they worked with me and still using it today. Jack Z.Cape Coral Fl.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
I love my old ass WM pro 1600. Its seems like they have made some decent machines, but have lousy customer support. I dont even know where to get parts for my machine. It blows my mind that they would just let their company die like that. Unreal.

Farenheit251

The 1200 I used to run was great. The only problems will come from it not being installed perfectly. That being the case I think you have to ask do you want it installed by your local distributor who does a few per year or do you want a Butler where it is installed by a guy who does it every day. I'd only consider the WM if I had solid confidence in the mechanics putting it in.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I could not get somebody at WM to tell me what kind of oil I needed. I finally called a lawnmower shop and got my answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom