Would you revise your quote if comm acct wasn't ready(seal coating) or just a pita???

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Think of the fresh seal coat that's going to be tracked in! You'll be back every two weeks.

Managed correctly you can at least minimize this sort of frustration in the future. You might want to spend some time perusing Steve Toburen's writings on handling commercial accounts.

On a side note, we clean homes for many owners of car dealerships, but no longer clean at dealerships. Something to do with putting on their car dealer hat makes them want a lot of service for little money, then want to renegotiate or skip payment entirely after the service.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Funny, we had 2 jobs on Sunday that were being sealcoated at the same time we were supposed to be cleaning. One we were able to do by parking next door. The other one we had to reschedule.

We just chalked it up to doing business. You win big on some jobs and not so much on others...

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
$300.00 job that because of gas is now a $275.00 job and nobody wants it?

Damn, tough crowd they'd probably refuse a blow job too!. :p

I'd be there, an eager beaver bright and early Sunday AM.........and when I'm done I'd dump my waste water on his newly sealed drive. :eekk: :icon_twisted: :biggrin:

Richard,

Your also forgetting the 2 hours(45 minutes each way) I spent giving the quote and watching him eat, plus the 1.5 hours spent driving(there and back) out for the seal coating appt.

Now to drive back out to actually clean, that's another 1.5 hours drive time plus 3-4 hours to clean...

That's five hours of just driving!:hopeless: 7-9 hours of total time for $300 on a Sunday. Plus the guys a penis, suppose he has an issue with a spot or carpet appearance after cleaning? Omg - I'd have to go back again!

They actually called yesterday and are wanting me to schedule this during this week at night after close 9pm......... Noooooo flipping way!

Told the wife to tell him I can be there the first of the month. Hopefully he gets pissed and calls someone else.

Thanks again guys, I very much appreciate the advice/help from everyone.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Marcus
I look at the glass half full if you do the job u make 275$
If u don't do the job u lose 25$ plus the other 25$ u had to go about and bid the job....
That's just me
The cap

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Now to drive back out to actually clean, that's another 1.5 hours drive time plus 3-4 hours to clean...
I know it sucks but as Brian said "some jobs not so much."

Plus you are paid for the cleaning and one round trip. Yes you'll have to eat one but you're also assuming this is a single cleaning. What about the life of the relationship?

Its your business and I won't blame you if you pass on it but we would suck it up, bite our tongue and collect a check.

C&S

Name
Scott
If you do it, take pics of every square inch so when that sealer gets walked in and starts screwing up the carpet you can prove it was clean. And so they can't say you didn't clean it correctly. Pics have saved me a few times, had a cleaning person drag a garbage bag threw the halls of one place and it left a trail of dark liquid everywhere they went. They tried saying I didn't clean it right. Pics don't lie. They quietly asked for me to come clean it again for $xxx.xx

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Well, I tried to get out of it, but they kept calling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom