Would you use an acid rinse on this?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I have to clean a small construction office tomorrow. It’s been 3 years or more since it was cleaned and there is a ton of embedded soil. I’m worried that deeply embedded soil will wick back to the surface after HWE.

Ron K

I don't think your rinse should be your biggest concern. I think dry soil removal,Vacuum Vacuum Vacuum pile lift if applicable then clean and dry as fast as you can is the way to go. ALso maybe tell the customer it may need a re-cleaning and price accordingly his lack of care should not become your problem.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Yes, we are going to vacuum but, realistically there is still going to soil in the backing and base of fibers that will wick back if we leave any surfactant behind.

I already let them know we might have to come back to touch it up (encap) because of the heavy soil load.

I don’t want to make another trip if I don’t have to. My idea is to extract with an acid to kill the surfactant at let that soil fall back down rather than coming back to scrub it back in with the cimex.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Post spray with an encapsulation product like Encapuguard Green should save you that second trip.

Mix, spray, brush in following HWE

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The questions is what do you have on the truck, then how close is your distributor. Next how come you didn't go in and ask them? Hopefully it isn't because they wouldn't be able to answer.

Using an encapsulating rinse/emulsifier (CTI SCR or Steam Way pHiber Gaurd extraction) will help then post spraying with ARA from cti is what I would have you do if you walked in here.

Now since your not here lets figure out what would work best for YOU with what you got..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMG_20110501_0850112-Copy.jpg

I don't know, I hear Encap doesn't work. :roll:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Peroxcellent boosted with Intensity Red from Vacaway.

Vacuum the hell out of it.

spray the juice down

us a pad on it with a floor machine.

What kind of floor machine do you have?

If you don't, buy one for all the next times.

Or what Richard said.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ACE said:
I don’t want to make another trip if I don’t have to. My idea is to extract with an acid to kill the surfactant at let that soil fall back down rather than coming back to scrub it back in with the cimex.

surfactant isn't what causes wicking is it??? ...H2O and soil is.
I figure you know this, but some others may not;
As the carpet dries , the moisture evaporates at the top of the fiber .
The dirty moisture is drawn up the fiber to the top..the moisture evaps, leaving the dirt on top

Acid, alkaline or plain water rinse all contain H2O

pixie dust juice isn't the answer either
there's a few things you can do to help assure .
Besides removing the soil, speed drying is probably the most helpful to prevent wicking ..accelerate the drying process

Many (some at least) of the anti-wicking juices work by accelerating the evaporation process

..L.T.A.

Name
R.J. Povio
I have never tried an encap rinse. What brands do you guys like or think work the best? What does an encap rinse do differently than an acid rinse? Is an encap rinse a lower pH too? I am just trying to get educated on this encap stuff. Thanks.

tim

If it is commercial glue down, Cimex with Releasit or another good encap and be done! I have a super greasy auto part manufacturing plant that is way dirtier than the picture Chavez is showing. I was afraid the Cimex wouldnt get it clean but I was amazed and so were they! No wickbacks, no callbacks and in and out with a check!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sometimes I overthink things. Vaccumed, Presprayed with Extrem Clean, Prescrubed, extracted with procyon, post padded. Happy Customer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom