Wouldn't it be nice if cleaning carpet was enough...

Mikey P

Administrator
exercise?

maybe it is if you're a natural born 120 twig.

What are you doing to fight the blub and keep your heart pumpin?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
donut curls

Now that I have a lectro drum set, got my 20min aerobic hard rock work-out back.

and pilates machine
(that I'm not so regular disciplined with)
butt it hasn't turned into clothes 'n box storage platform ....yet

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
as you well know, you're at that age where a broken hip ends it all.

Wear grippy shoes.
One of my dry cleaning agents fell and broke his hip a few months ago. He's just starting to use a walker now. He is in his early 70's. Good for all of us to be cautious. Old bones don't heal as fast or as well.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
exercise?

maybe it is if you're a natural born 120 twig.

What are you doing to fight the blub and keep your heart pumpin?

Eat in a calorie deficit if you want to lose weight, eat at maintenance if you want to maintain. It's not easy, but it is simple. There is no magic, and exercise is not a significant factor in weight loss.

Mikey P

Administrator
102m on the ATV yesterday

28m/1400' on the eMTB today..

Ahhhhhh...
PXL_20210405_000148161.jpg

Reactions: Cleanworks

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Diet is 70%, Lifting heavy weights is 20%, cardio is 5% and supplements are 5% or less
Lifting heavy will by far make the biggest change in your body. Dieting without lifting is pretty much worthless... doesnt matter if your 70yrs old just find what is heavy to you dont worry about what others lift.

Moderate sustained cardio (carpet cleaning) or long jogs is good for increasing your NEAT (non exercise activity time) but too much will cause your body to produce excess cortisol, that triggers your body to store fat and also crave calorie dense food like burgers and fries. The cortisol release is a survival tactic our bodies evolved to use because typically long sustained stress would only come from being cold etc when we were cavemen, nobody was stressed from sitting in traffic and nobody jogged for fun

Lifting heavy triggers your CNS (central nervous system) and tells it you need to get stronger, another survival tactic. The strain from lifting is short then you release with a huge exhale, as opposed to running miles where the moderate strain is constant. Thats why u see guys who run miles a day and still have little cow tits, they are full of cortisol.

20200515_230434.jpg

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
if u want to burn fat... lift weights mon-wed-fri for 30min each. In the morning before you eat anything do interval cardio rather than trying to jog later in the day when your full of carbs. Intervals are like 10 seconds full blast on a machine, 20 seconds rest, 10 seconds full blast, 20 seconds rest... youll only need about 2 sets of 8 intervals max

So total your looking at like 120 minutes per week maybe a bit more. 1lb of muscle burns .8 calories per hour in a rested state, thats over double a lb of fat. If you try and diet without building any muscle what are you really doing? just tanking your metabolic rate, youll be only able to burn 2000 cal per day which youll never sustain

Mikey P

Administrator
Life's too short to spend that amount of time and energy doing what I dont enjoy.

I'm really enjoying being on the bike again. Especially THIS eBike. Take most of the pain out of trail riding yet there's still plenty of effort and calories being spent, from what I can tell.

Once summer hits I'm either going to sweat myself away or drive up to The Lake to stay cool-er

Cow titties be damned.

Reactions: Acp and BIG WOOD

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Diet is 70%, Lifting heavy weights is 20%, cardio is 5% and supplements are 5% or less
Lifting heavy will by far make the biggest change in your body. Dieting without lifting is pretty much worthless... doesnt matter if your 70yrs old just find what is heavy to you dont worry about what others lift.

Moderate sustained cardio (carpet cleaning) or long jogs is good for increasing your NEAT (non exercise activity time) but too much will cause your body to produce excess cortisol, that triggers your body to store fat and also crave calorie dense food like burgers and fries. The cortisol release is a survival tactic our bodies evolved to use because typically long sustained stress would only come from being cold etc when we were cavemen, nobody was stressed from sitting in traffic and nobody jogged for fun

Lifting heavy triggers your CNS (central nervous system) and tells it you need to get stronger, another survival tactic. The strain from lifting is short then you release with a huge exhale, as opposed to running miles where the moderate strain is constant. Thats why u see guys who run miles a day and still have little cow tits, they are full of cortisol.

View attachment 107238
Fat ass

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Acp and Desk Jockey

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Mountain biking & running are my mainstays these days. I normally hit the trails a half-day each week. And I usually run a couple of miles per day, most other days. That along with a vegan diet is helping. But I'm still a little soft around the middle. :eekk:

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom