Wouldn't it be nice if cleaning carpet was enough...

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Life's too short to spend that amount of time and energy doing what I dont enjoy.

I'm really enjoying being on the bike again. Especially THIS eBike. Take most of the pain out of trail riding yet there's still plenty of effort and calories being spent, from what I can tell.

Once summer hits I'm either going to sweat myself away or drive up to The Lake to stay cool-er

Cow titties be damned.
Most of the old guys here would do well with intermittent fasting. Eat all of your calories for a 24 hour period in an eight hour window.

Example, you start eating at noon and no more food after 8 PM. For the next 16 hours your body kicks in to ketosis fairly rapidly and more importantly your body learns to manage insulin much better. Insulin is really what makes people fat.

The good news is what you eat isn’t so restrictive, although you should make healthy choices during that eight hour window.

Buy a set of adjustable dumbbells and do a very brief full body workout three days a week, along with intermittent fasting and your body will transform in a few months.

Getting your diet dialed in with intermittent fasting also eliminates lots of inflammation, that’s what causes achy joints.

Mikey P

Administrator
Most of the old guys here would do well with intermittent fasting. Eat all of your calories for a 24 hour period in an eight hour window.

Example, you start eating at noon and no more food after 8 PM. For the next 16 hours your body kicks in to ketosis fairly rapidly and more importantly your body learns to manage insulin much better. Insulin is really what makes people fat.

The good news is what you eat isn’t so restrictive, although you should make healthy choices during that eight hour window.

Buy a set of adjustable dumbbells and do a very brief full body workout three days a week, along with intermittent fasting and your body will transform in a few months.

Getting your diet dialed in with intermittent fasting also eliminates lots of inflammation, that’s what causes achy joints.

no 11pm Moon Pies would kill Larry.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
No no no!!!! 70 might be though!! Social Security Baby😉 Send me that check baby!!
Stimulus check every month🤷🏼‍♂️ #countingthedays😀

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Don’t make me preach to you!! What would be worse is when you had have to carry oxygen around because you’re still here after 73 or 75🤪 #mystepdad

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
How do you think the elevation would treat you?

from 5000 to 10ish
I love the good elevation. Go up to just above the ranger station on Pike's Peak and take your mountain bike off the trunk rack. In just a few hundred yards of pedaling and then it's all riding the brakes down to Manitou springs. Would love to go back with my Grandkids and do it again.

Mikey P

Administrator
I love the good elevation. Go up to just above the ranger station on Pike's Peak and take your mountain bike off the trunk rack. In just a few hundred yards of pedaling and then it's all riding the brakes down to Manitou springs. Would love to go back with my Grandkids and do it again.

Im getting some real good jelly leg work outs on the eBike, more than expected honestly.

Clueless people or fit traditionalists will say its cheating or a motorcycle...

They have no idea.

I go further, faster and while I don't have the intense pain and grunt (that I use to crave) when climbing, the increase in pace at all times is a hell of a work out

Down 4 belt notches now.

I'm going out tomorrow will full intent to drain the battery.

1618627172218.png

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Im getting some real good jelly leg work outs on the eBike, more than expected honestly.

Clueless people or fit traditionalists will say its cheating or a motorcycle...

They have no idea.

I go further, faster and while I don't have the intense pain and grunt (that I use to crave) when climbing, the increase in pace at all times is a hell of a work out

Down 4 belt notches now.

I'm going out tomorrow will full intent to drain the battery.

View attachment 107441
I've been out of the mtb scene so long, with ebikes are giant, trek, specialized still the big 3?
Thinking of dipping my toe with a midmount e kit for my giant, if I dont like it I can change it back no big deal.. in theory

Mikey P

Administrator
I've been out of the mtb scene so long, with ebikes are giant, trek, specialized still the big 3?
Thinking of dipping my toe with a midmount e kit for my giant, if I dont like it I can change it back no big deal.. in theory
Trek and Specialized for sure, haven't seen a Gee-ant in years.

Im not aware of conversion kits, link?

Condog

Name
Tony

Great advice. Sometimes I shorten the eating window to 6 or even 4 hours.
When I get hungry, I've found a jog, or short workout blocks the hunger.
It sounds counter-intuitive, but it works for me.

Mikey P

Administrator
Knee update..

about the only time I notice the new ACl is when trying to stand up on my bike and peddle.

I can now kneel on a hard floor without any pain and getting up and down is almost back to normal, after 5 months.

I do feel the extra weight of hoses when Im carrying them up a staircase but no big deal.

I'm loving the bicycle work out and hope to continue to lose weight, I'm eating less too.

steve_64

you mean "Diet is more important than lifting weights"...
no. You can exercise and still be unhealthy. But if your diet is flawless you can still be healthy and sedintairy I think.
But especially for weight loss diet matters more than exercise.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I work in the yard. shoveling rock has gotten common.

Diet is more important than exercise imo.

I'm told that by people smarter than me when it comes to fitness, and found it to be true in my case.

I'm grateful that rocks and steep trails are no longer slippery with ice. I like winter hiking, but its not the work out when I'm pretty much limited to flatland hiking.

But I still have to watch my diet, or I'll become Jabba the Hut instead of Yoda.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom