Wouldn't ya think?

Chris A

Name
Chris
That buying parker hose from a parker store would be the most cost effective? I was getting my new solution line fitted with ends and bend restrictors and I asked the guy behind the counter how much an entire reel would be. He proudly told me that if I bought the whole five hundred feet I would get a screaming deal at $1.96/foot:hopeless:... I think ill keep buying it online.

Name
Nate W.
I ask the car dealers the same thing.... They keep giving me retail cost.... ;)

If they discount or sell it way cheaper then else where, why would anyone want to be their distributor... Make friends with a worker and get it close to cost... :lol:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Chris,

The Parker Stores sales numbers are judged on profit margins using a Jobber/Wholesale price, rather than parent company cost. This motivates the stores to sell as competitively as an ordinary retail outlet. Manufacturers (OEM's) and line distributors usually are afforded a deeper discount, and being independent can sell at any margin they see fit, even to the point of having "loss leaders".

We had a Coke machine at one of my employers. Do you think we bought our stock from Coca Cola? Heck no, there are way too many high-volume establishments making their Coke a loss leader, to buy from Coke.

Reactions: Chris A

Chris A

Name
Chris
I forgot where I got the last 100 foot but I paid the same 2 bucks a foot and only had to buy a hundred foot of it. Mighta been interlink when they had it on sale? Was a few months ago just got around to putting ends on it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I got a call a few days ago from a guy i know who's wife works at Parker in Ravenna

he left a message he got me some 1035HT.
I asked him about it a couple/three years ago LOL

I haven't called him back cause i still have 100ft new unused hanging in the pole barn
(and he's a little bit of a flake)

I'll call and see what he wants for it if you want,Chris

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah if its cheap enough Ill buy it, I don't neccesarily need it right now either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom