WOW I would like to hear the other side of this story...

Able 1

Name
Keith
This is on the Yellow pages website under user "reviews"...

FURIOUS!!!!!! Part One!!Posted by Read_this on 07/13/2008

My first - and last - experience with this so-called business has proven to be a memorable one which STILL makes my blood boil with anger. Before moving into a new apartment, we called _______ to "professionally" clean our year-old sofa, just to remove a couple of surface stains. One of their service people came to our home when I was at work, so my 19-year-old son was the only one there to oversee the work. After just twenty minutes, when the _______ guy said he was done, my son even asked him if the furniture was supposed to smell "that bad," and if the spots were supposed to be so apparent, considering the guy had said he was done. He was told "yeah, that's just because it's wet right now, so when it dries it'll smell clean, and the spots will disappear," and then payment was demanded. I was befuddled when I got home, wondering how anyone could pass this mess off as a "professional cleaning" - the smell was so bad I wondered if it had been "cleaned" with dirty, previously used water! Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. Our nearly new sofa was in horribly worse shape than before the _______ guy had arrived. We had been charged over $120.00 for this nauseating service, so right away I called to clear up the matter with the company, asking if they could send someone to re-clean the sofa. It took over 3 weeks, but finally someone came, only to work for about 6 minutes cleaning a single cushion, followed by a claim that he had run out of water. He said he was going to go back to refill his water supply, and that he'd be back within an hour or two. I wasted an entire afternoon waiting for him. I was furious initially, but wondered to myself later that evening that maybe something had happened to him, a car accident or some horrible thing, because it was so incredibly bizarre that he would just leave after a few minutes and never return - especially since I had waited for this re-clean for almost a month! So the next day I called inquiring about the serviceman, asking if he made it back alright, and I was met with a condescending "duh" response: "uh, yeah, who wants to know..." My fury was re-ignited and I fought to stay calm on the phone, telling my name and explaining that he had been assigned to re-clean my couch the previous day and that he had never made it back to my apartment. I never got through my story. Whoever I had been speaking to hung up the phone right in the beginning of it. I was livid. Absolutely outraged. I called again and the same woman answered the phone and I spoke to her in an astoundingly calm manner (you win more friends with honey than with vinegar, right), even though I certainly wanted to read her the riot act. I said that I hoped the disconnection wasn't intentional and that I needed the company to make good on their advertised promise to clean my sofa properly, to return my payment, or both.

Report Abuse Respond to This Review Read All Reviews by Read_this

FURIOUS!!!!!! Part TWO!!Posted by Read_this_2 on 07/13/2008

This whole story does not fit into one entry because of the character limit. The following is the second part of my last entry (posted under the screen-name "Read_this") and is unbelievable. The next part is truly, truly amazing, and should be reported by news sources everywhere. I thought the worst part was that I was actually YELLED at, following my request, by the woman I was speaking with. So I asked as calmly as I could to speak to a supervisor. The woman screamed at me that she was the WIFE of the OWNER!!!!, (WHAT?!?!?!!!!) - her name was _____ - and then she spent the rest of what felt like the worst encounter of my life cussing at me, calling me a f***ing b**ch and other colorful language, making my jaw drop, making me completely speechless, before concluding succinctly by telling me that I could go f*** myself. I was shaking with shock and fury, speechless and unable to make another phone call, so my husband called instead and he was met with the same stomach-turning language, promptly being hung up on. This behavior is outrageous, despicable and inexcusable!!! How are these people still in business??!?!! This company needs to have its license for operations revoked immediately!!!!! Consumers should never have to even worry about the POSSIBILITY of encountering businesses like this. This extends far beyond a mere lack of business ethics or practices - this is UNFORGIVABLE. This is a circumstance which - before now - I would have thought unfathomable. We still have not had our money returned to us. We still have not received any form of an apology. We had to throw out our ruined furniture. It had been like-new with only a couple of stains before it met the dirty water of _______, and then it smelled like a combination of wet animals with a faint trace of sewage. Repulsive. What a sad waste of a $1700.00 sofa. We are still incredulous at what has happened. ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS. Don't even THINK about letting these people into your home!!!!! This has been a true nightmare.

Report Abuse Respond to This Review Read All Reviews by Read_this_2 Rate This Review: Thumbs Up (0) Thumbs Down (0)
Not Recommended

:shock:
How do the people at yellow pages decide if this is an honest review or slander? Kind of scary if it's not true!

Chris A

Name
Chris
wow, it is amazing what people put up with. Like you though, I would want to hear the cleaner's prospective.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It was half way believable until they said they threw the furniture out. If it was $1700 they would have called someone else and ask them to fix it. Sounds like someone with an ax to grind or hoping to get new furniture. Then again maybe they are telling the truth and they didn't know it could have been fixed but to me the story doesn't work. Who would live with sewer smelling furniture for a month and not call someone else to fix it. Hell if they could live with it for a month why would they throw it out?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
If it looked and smelled that bad after cleaning I would bet it looked and smelled bad before the cleaning. We have a few customers with pets and children and every time you clean the sofa or chairs they stink. I also would like to hear the other side of the story but I would also be willing to bet the owner is a pig and wanted a miracle done to her sofa.

Mike Draper

first 2 things that come to my mind......He was a cheap hack bait and switch carpet cleaner that advertised the cheapest guaranteed prices east of the mississippi, even though she says they charged $120.00. And #2 if it was a $1,700 dollar couch then she would have certainly hired an attorney if the story was that clear cut and obvoiusly the cleaners fault. Something doesn't add up..??

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I could see it happening. If the sofa was 1700, they would want it fixed for sure but they might have been thinking that if they got another cleaner, they wouldn't get any satisfaction from the first cleaner.

Have to remember, custies aren't aware of what happens in this industry as we are. Being in this industry opens our eyes to a lot of bad busn practices .

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Thanks, Keith, for posting this. Whether it is "true" or not almost doesn't matter. (Even though sadly there are companies like this in our industry.) What it does point out is the incredible power the internet has given the consumer. But the internet is a two-edged sword. Social networking sites allow your Cheerleaders to sing your praises from the roof-top. But of course the converse is true as shown here. The solution- exactly what everyone (well, almost everyone) preaches here:

1. Quality technical work.
2. Deliver what you promise.
3. Build a professional relationship with the customer.

Island Boy
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS The three points above are relatively easy to deliver when the owner is always on the truck. Now when things fall down (as evidently happened above) is when marginal employees are put out there without adequate training, both technically and also without being oriented on the Emotional Dynamics of dealing with the Homeowner. Just look at all the negative emotions and agony (on both sides) above. Sad because it was so unnecessary ...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Steve is so right. If you have only one review and it's bad, you're toast. Doesn't matter if it was deserved or not. I think of this if the customer is rude and I want to walk. It's usually this type of custy that will write crap about you.

Albert

Becker

Name
Becker
And #2 if it was a $1,700 dollar couch then she would have certainly hired an attorney if the story was that clear cut and obvoiusly the cleaners fault.

Some people won't fight, and just buy another TM,, I mean sofa.

diamond brian

randy said:
Ask your wife Ricky, she talked to the customer.

Yeah! :D

True, there's always another side to the story. I had a customer complain to the BBB because she could smell pet urine several days after I cleaned her nasty carpet.

BBB calls me for a rebuttal. I had cleaned her carpet FREE because she's poor and has small children. She couldn't keep her tick-infested dogs out of the house while I was there, let alone afterward. And she wants me to come back and "fix" it?!?!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
diamond brian said:
I had cleaned her carpet FREE because she's poor and has small children. She couldn't keep her tick-infested dogs out of the house while I was there, let alone afterward. And she wants me to come back and "fix" it?!?!

Ah yes, one of my (many) favorite quotes: "The difference between a starving man and a starving dog is that normally after feeding the dog he will not then bite you."

IB
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS I too have been burned so very many times with my generosity. But I (usually) have never regretted giving back.

randy

Name
Randy
diamond brian said:
randy said:
Ask your wife Ricky, she talked to the customer.

Yeah! :D

True, there's always another side to the story. I had a customer complain to the BBB because she could smell pet urine several days after I cleaned her nasty carpet.

BBB calls me for a rebuttal. I had cleaned her carpet FREE because she's poor and has small children. She couldn't keep her tick-infested dogs out of the house while I was there, let alone afterward. And she wants me to come back and "fix" it?!?!

I did that once ! An buddy called with this sob story about some lady having her kids taken away by social services because of the condition of the apartment. His church wanted to hire me to do so I drove up and cleaned the carpets at 10PM and donated an application of x-580 after the cleaning. When I walked in I was ready to leave right away, somewhere around 150 garbage bags of trash, 75 or so pizza boxes stacked up and 5 wives of church elders cleaning this crazy woman's home. That made me feel guilty about wanting to leave until the fleas started attacking & the roaches (probably 300 in the kitchen alone that they were vacuuming up with a wet dry vac) started crawling all around the equipment. Then I saw the dumpster under the balcony, it was already half full of trash, pizza boxes and garbage bags. I ended up helping with the trash removal and then steamed the carpets. When I was about done this crazy wacko shows up and pitched a massive fit because the church ladies were dumping the wet dry vac in the toilet. She said has a health condition and has to be very clean down there, yep she point to her ______. That was it for me I turned and screamed lady you better just shut the __________ up or I'm leaving and calling social services myself, your kids should be in foster care ! Anyway I was paid by the church with a huge tip and felt OK about it until I got home and had to undress in the back yard, hosing myself down before heading into the house for a shower (yep bug removal). The next day I trashed the clothes & shoes I was wearing, they had this weird smell and sprayed down the van I used with another application of Microban.

Several years latter my buddy tells me that church found out that the lady didn't even live there. It was one of several rental properties and she wanted a way to get free services out of a gulliable church & stupid carpet cleaner. Never again !

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
randy said:
Several years latter my buddy tells me that church found out that the lady didn't even live there. It was one of several rental properties and she wanted a way to get free services out of a gulliable church & stupid carpet cleaner. Never again !

The difference between women like that and you, is that you care enough to help, she's just a leech on society. The church isn't gullible, its just that we need to be aware that 90% of our efforts to help in situations like this, will be used up on leeches like this, the other 10% will be to people that are really grateful for the help.

RickL

Ron Werner said:
randy said:

The difference between women like that and you, is that you care enough to help, she's just a leech on society. The church isn't gullible, its just that we need to be aware that 90% of our efforts to help in situations like this, will be used up on leeches like this, the other 10% will be to people that are really grateful for the help.

Wow well said Ron!!

randy

Name
Randy
You guys are really decent folks, nothing short of inspiring, and have a far better attitude/ view about it than I do for sure. If those elders wives weren't there knocking them selves out to help this woman, I would have left for sure. We defenitly have a responsibility to help those that are poor (biblical definition of that is of course widow or orphan in distress not schemers) but we also have to be careful. I still feel really dumb about that whole thing. I will go to great lengths to help a person, but so many have just given up and are sponging of unemployment benefits and other "entitlement programs". When you look at an ant hill, all the ants are working. The United States was once like that but our work ethic is gone. That is one thing I really love about this trade, lazy folks don't last long SO I DON'T RUN INTO MANY LAZY CLEANERS.

Scott

I HATE doing "church elder" work.

We had a nut case user-of-mankind get her church involved with paying her $500 uph. cleaning bill.

She claimed bats had entered at night and crapped all over her 'leather" furniture. She suckered them into calling us because we specialize in difficult cleaning situations.

I fielded the call and had them give me the lady's phone number. Between her bites of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, background noises that make Times Square sound like an empty church, and every imaginable animal sound from barks, meows, to raccoon growls, I finally got her BS story down. I called the church back and told them I completely doubted her story but they insisted I look at it.

C'mon - bats flying in at night, pooping all over the place, and then leaving?

The next day I looked at it and sure enough we had to step through the indoor mine field of pet and probably kid poop, and we finally made it to the furniture where we had to unload at least a dozen pet toys, pizza boxes, and tv dinner trays.

The "leather" was vinyl and toast. It was cracked everywhere and it had mounds of poop all over it. Unless there were some bats about the size of cats, dogs, and raccoons that flew in at night and out in the morning, the lady was taking the church to the cleaners.

I took pics and left. Called the church again and told them the lady was very disturbed and should probably be locked up somewhere ASAP for the good of her kids, pets, herself, and the world in general.

They insisted we clean it. I told them it's going to be around $500 and there is no way the lady will accept ANYBODY's work. They said it sounded like a good deal to them and were willing to sign every weasel paper we had absolving us of responsibility. I told them I was still concerned that the lady would come after us if we touched it at which time the church told me they owned the furniture. UGH!!!

So we had the church sign our weasel papers, we cleaned the furniture and made it look almost new except for the cracks all over it, and they paid.

You know what happens next.

The crazy lady tells the church we ruined her furniture and she's demanding new upholstery FROM THE CHURCH!

They called me up and told me not to worry about her and that they were completely thrilled with our service, professionalism, and quality of work. Had we not covered our bases, I shudder to think what could have happened.

CYA 'cuz nobody else will.

randy

Name
Randy
Scott I feel so much better now. I would rather deal with roaches & empty pizza boxes than bat crap any day, LOL.
You had to be thinking I'M I on candid camera or getting punked. It would have been hilarious if she had Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell Two playing when you got there. I think I still believe church elders are too trusting after reading your post. It's like SEE, IT'S NOT JUST THAT BLACK CLOUD FOLLOWING ME AROUND.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I find the stories regarding the bats interesting to say the least.

I wonder where the bats were hanging to be able to crap on the furniture. ??

Oh yeah, you do know don't you, that bats hang upside down to pee & crap ??

So apart from the light fitting and a ceiling fan, I'm buggered if I know how they did it. :shock:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom