Wow the phone is slow

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have 3 big jobs for the each of the next few weeks plus some regular janitorial but that is it. As you know big jobs take a week to a month to pay. I had to take money out of reserve funds instead weekly operating income to make payroll and bills when I got back from vacation. Granted the bills came up quicker with the way the weeks fell but still that has never happened except in feb for 2 weeks. It is too early to start this

Yep, that payroll comes around quick. No OT for our guys now and starting in February they are helping us pay their insurance. Our insurance was going up about $500 per month so we had to do something. We were paying 100% of their health insurance...not anymore.

Next week is looking good for us. We are running 4 trucks cleaning 26,000 SF Monday night, 4 trucks cleaning 20,000 SF Wed night and 4 trucks all day Friday cleaning 40,000 SF and subbing one truck out to cut the load down on that job. Hopefully this trend will continue, but I have my doubts.

Good news is I have 2 appointments with 2 carpet retailers that want to start referring business our way as well as a potential nice new Hotel job that would be a nice new piece of business.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
thanks Greg I feel better

I got dressed up and called on commercial today YUK

kind of normal so soon after the holidays though

Name
Ron lippold
greg i dont think any of us want to see our brothers slow or in hard times. the good thing about this place is the the ability to decrease the knowledge deficit very quickly. Having the ability to adjust the business very quickly is what makes us succeed good lick and get it going.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
commercial???????????

Excuse me...i can't stop laughing...........!

Residential.....
the same!

-JB-

Name
JB
kind of normal so soon after the holidays though

jus be carefull not to fall for the "guru" traps right now, cause their set!

itisatrap.jpg

bmas

My wife say's that every year at this time I act the same way. I get worried if I am not flat out all the time. The economy is bad but it is also winter and it always slows down. We have to be positive. New president coming in and hopefully people will change thier way of thinking. Plus, in these time's it is less costly to clean then to install new carpet.
Good luck to all of us, I truly believe times will get better.
Brad M

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I had a pretty decent first week of the year. Had a rest home cafeteria and hallways and a few residential jobs. A little better than normal so far.

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
As I was told a long time ago, don't worry about what you can't control, work on the things you can!!
It will come around, it always does!

Chris A

Name
Chris
I keep hoping to get out and do some flyers, but the damn wind and snow have kept me in the last couple days. (I'm not that much of a diehard)

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The last few weeks have been very slow, yet I have to work 4 days this week in the cold, high of 5 this week, plus we just got about a foot of snow.

Farenheit251

It took me about twelve years before I stopped paniccing every Jan/Feb. The only real time I had to take a vacation or invest in equip mainttenance or start a marketing campaign and I was afraid to spend the money.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
1 single Ms Piff got my phone ringing and it is in a town I normally don't go. An ex NFL defensive backs wife was so impressed she call a few friends and it looks like I can coast until my next vacation feb 7 myrtle beach

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no spiel(I do like the Jewish spelling) just lucky

35 year old woman shouldn't wield so much power

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
i have been pretty slow I have had only a job or two a week were im at. I run a pretty small business however. I was slammed al the way up untill the middle of dec but I think people went to crazy on christmas plus my commercial was waiting on their 09 budget. none the less I am sure work will pick up and you will be ready for a break sooner or later

G

My chimps are bellyaching about how much overtime they are putting in; They never complain when the checks come down!! :lol: I am so booked this week; darn t&g and pressure washing job this weekend!! I will be working every weekend for the next 4 months!!! :cry: :roll:

P.S. Their was a guy here today from Phoenix at my local supplier down the road; we have 250 c/c's in pcola(Mostly Hacks); But man can he pick the times to relocate!!!! Nice new truck mount van and all!!!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
first off rick I was just down your way and it was a tad above 8 dgrees

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been pretty slow as well, so far in the first two weeks of 09 I have only had about jobs. Praise the Lord BY SOME MIRACLE a therapist called me to clean his clininc plus about 2 sofas 3 recliners and a sectional this weekend , that job alone will pay the overhead this month. I am in a good position because I still have a full time job so things dont hurt as much when I get slow.

Back
Top Bottom