WOW what a long trip and some HUGE THANKS to a few people

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
the very first thing i want to do is thank Michael (dealtimeman) and Dick Jones..those guys are true class acts in my book!!

so after making the deal with dealtime and firming things up on where to meet we headed out at 8am sat morning from st augustine fl headed to baton rouge la.

i took my lifted 4 door 2007 jeep/fishing rig..not the most fun to drive long distances lol

we drove straight through to baton rouge with only a few stops for fuel and arrived just about the same time as Michael did, his hotel was 2 blocks away from ours..

so at 6:30 or so we met in the parking lot to go over equipment and trailer..what a pleasant surprise..the tnt and all the equipment was awesome and the trailer was incredible!!

after talking and bullshitting for a little while i decided to get back on the road and drive to Pensacola to lessen the drive to Dicks shop in sarasota the next day..man i am glad i did!!

the jeep towed the trailer ok but tore me up in fuel!! i went from 16 mpg down to 11 mpg!! and the longest stretch of the drive was with the trailer!!

the nicest part was Michael making sure the trailer was road ready..grease in bearings and fresh tires..it was needed for the close to thousand mile drive!! it was a good feeling having michael check in on
us a few times to be sure we were ok and no problems..cool guy for sure!!

so we get to dicks shop sunday at 8pm!! and he was super cool about meeting us on a sunday evening, he even called to check on us to be sure we were ok while on the way..pretty cool feeiling
having people you dont really know give enough of a shit to call to be sure your ok!!

i was really happy when we opened the trailer up and dick smiled..he thought the unit was in great shape and was very happy with what he saw!! that made me very happy too lol

after talking with dick for a little bit and going over a few things we headed back to st aug..got home at 1am!!

so 1507 miles and 395$ in fuel all done in 2 days!! what a trip!!

thanks to michael and dick!!

now after dick unloads the machine and freshens it up i bring the truck down for the install!!

i will add pics in a few mins they are on my iphone and its charging..

Reactions: Mikey P

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
yqe9yryd.jpg

View attachment 1298

View attachment 1299

View attachment 1300

View attachment 1301

View attachment 1302

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am very glad it worked out very well and you got home safe. Now I just hope my deal goes thru smoothly as we'll.

looking at a 2004 vortex but feel something fishy going on. And he won't go lower than 25000.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom