Wrap for area rugs

When you clean a customers area rug, back at your office. Do you return the rug wrapped in plastic? What do you recommend to look professional? If the customer is going to store said rug. Would it be better to wrap in plastic, or kraft paper? Thank You

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Well that’s not very green!

We don’t wrap them in anything unless they are to be stored it’s a waste of materials

Name
I'm Rick James
rhyde said:
Well that’s not very green!

We don’t wrap them in anything unless they are to be stored it’s a waste of materials

You mean your to cheap? Recycle or reuse the plastic if it makes you sleep better at night.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
You never wrap a rug in plastic. You have got to be kidding me. Randy he does have Green in him . He is causing a green house effect. If you cant give accurate info stop posting B.S Brent . This is 2 misleading post I read so far.

Name
I'm Rick James
Harry Myers said:
You never wrap a rug in plastic. You have got to be kidding me. Randy he does have Green in him . He is causing a green house effect. If you cant give accurate info stop posting B.S Brent . This is 2 misleading post I read so far.

What is misleading about wrapping a rug for transport? I am not talking about wrapping it and leaving it wrapped for weeks or months. If wrapped for a long period of time, wrap it in craft paper to let it breathe. Why you gotta make a simple thing so hard?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
If wrapped for a long period of time I would use tyvek to let it breath. As well as Bryan posted also on another board he said he would also use a moth resist (repel) is what I use. That is exellent advice . Plastic after cleaning an oriental by immersion cleaning to me is no good. But in fact if you only HWE the hand knotted goods I guess you arent getting it wet enough. So I guess (you) are ok wrapping it up in plastic. Your right it is not rocket science.

Name
I'm Rick James
Yes I am ok wrapping it in plastic for transport. Sorry I dont have a wash pit and act like my sh!t dont stink. I like to wrap the rug so fringes and the rug dont get dirty during the transport. Great advice about long term wrapping.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Only rugs with fringe or reversibles get wrapped for transport by customer or our drivers. We use a thin, perforated plastic tubing so humidity won't be a problem if the customer leaves it wrapped for a few weeks. For storage the rugs are wrapped in Kraft paper and all seams taped. For long distance truck shipping the rugs go in heavyweight plastic tubing, because there's no way paper would survive. If the rug is very expensive or delicate, it ships inside a cardboard shipping tube.

So, paper or plastic. or nothing.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Brent said:
You mean your to cheap? Recycle or reuse the plastic if it makes you sleep better at night.

Yeah i'm too cheap I buy 4 dollar a yard rolls of Tyvek to ship/store rugs but I won’t spend 40 buck on a 400 ft roll of craft paper or 100 bucks for a 1,500 Ft of tube plastic… Sleep has nothing to do with it… it’s just a waste of material, labor hell I don’t consider my business “green” and I think it’s a waste!

If you are concerned about transit in a TM do like Walt Bush he brings a clean reusable tarp when he picks up his rugs now that’s green !

i want to add, We use plastic when clients pick up their rugs and are transporting it in the back of a dirty truck or on a rainy day. Paper is used for storage at an economical price and Tyvek for shipping and storage

Name
I'm Rick James
rhyde said:
Brent said:

Yeah i'm too cheap I buy 4 dollar a yard rolls of Tyvek to ship/store rugs but I won’t spend 40 buck on a 400 ft roll of craft paper or 100 bucks for a 1,500 Ft of tube plastic… Sleep has nothing to do with it… it’s just a waste of material, labor hell I don’t consider my business “green” and I think it’s a waste!

If you are concerned about transit in a TM do like Walt Bush he brings a clean reusable tarp when he picks up his rugs now that’s green !

Atleast you admit your cheap. Its ok. The economy is rough right now.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
yep i'm on skid row no business or customers thats why i can hang here and ask the deep Philosophical questions can you actually “GO GREEN” :lol:

Name
I'm Rick James
rhyde said:
yep i'm on skid row no business or customers thats why i can hang here and ask the deep Philosophical questions can you actually “GO GREEN” :lol:

Go green chemical wise or go green I am going to save the world type thing?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
The only true green is less consumption like less wrapping everything else’s is a consumer mind F or "green washing"

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
If you are concerned about transit in a TM do like Walt Bush he brings a clean reusable tarp when he picks up his rugs now that’s green

or buy a van specifically for pick ups and deliveries. I have a grand caravan for this. I also have blue tarps in the box truck if I need to do a pick up on the fly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom