WRT techs needed in Atlanta

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
We are having a hard time finding technicians. Craigslist and the local supply shops just isnt cutting it. Any suggestions?

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
You’re competing with the very best in the industry with Reets. Go north of Atlanta, far away from his area.

FredC

Village Idiot
You’re competing with the very best in the industry with Reets. Go north of Atlanta, far away from his area.

:errf: yeah...I think they might have exaggerated things a wee bit while you were here............

Greg, how much are you paying techs?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I was going to recommend The Restoration Forum, but I see an Atlanta restoration company is already posting there, and they don't require techs to be pre-certified. Might be the market for techs is tight enough to require a much higher pay rate to draw them away from their current employers.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its a scumy low life thing to do but go to the bulletin board at the local distributors and list that you are hiring and paying top dollar. You'll get more than you could ever want. Of course once you get them you might not want them either. :eekk:

Our experience is build them and you'll be much happier. Train them "your way" and you won't have to hear "but at my last job this is how we did it".
It doesn't take long to get them trained and battle ready.

We had a little rain that just wouldn't let up, rained all day and all night. 3-crews out until 2AM and have another 5-crews headed to their second loss this afternoon with a short list of jobs still to go after that. Should do 15-16 losses today (not much by Hotlanta standards but busy for NE Kansas :winky:). We have a newer assistant tech that will have 4-jobs under his belt just from this storm. :smile:

Reet has excellent video training he offers that can really help train any green guys too!

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Its a scumy low life thing to do but go to the bulletin board at the local distributors and list that you are hiring and paying top dollar. You'll get more than you could ever want. Of course once you get them you might not want them either. :eekk:

Our experience is build them and you'll be much happier. Train them "your way" and you won't have to hear "but at my last job this is how we did it".

We had a little rain that just wouldn't let up, rained all day and all night. 3-crews out until 2AM and have another 5-crews headed to their second loss this afternoon with a short list of jobs still to go after that. Should do 15-16 losses today (not much by Hotlanta standards but busy for NE Kansas :winky:). We have a newer assistant tech that will have 4-jobs under his belt just from this storm. :smile:

Reet has excellent video training he offers that can really help train any green guys too!

Thanks for the tip. If I had more guys I could see the value of paying $2200 for a year subscription. It seems like he is very thorough with his training material.

Reactions: tmdry

Greg Cole

Name
Greg

s
Thanks. The learning curve is too great for us to develop someone. We are dealing with large commercial losses that necessitate everyone be top notch,.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Large is the same as small, just a lot more of it.

Unless you're looking for someone experienced in large losses and familiar with desiccant processing but then you'll need to open your wallet a little more for those guys.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It sound like you want to hire a bunch of chiefs, when what you need is a few chiefs and more good help. It is a lot easier at least for us to train them how we want it done instead of trying to undo bad habits learned elsewhere.

Also if they are trained on you system anyone of your guys can step in and run any job regardless of who started or setup the job.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
It sound like you want to hire a bunch of chiefs, when what you need is a few chiefs and more good help. It is a lot easier at least for us to train them how we want it done instead of trying to undo bad habits learned elsewhere.

Also if they are trained on you system anyone of your guys can step in and run any job regardless of who started or setup the job.

Agreed, Problem is it takes time to adequately train your system. Our current workload doesn't allow us the time

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If he truly has that much work, you don't want turn it away or not be there when you countless times told them you would be.

Large commercial is a different animal, flood pumpers work better than TM's just to the due distance from the truck. Extended lengths, multiple floors all make a flood pump ideal for that kind of work.

Equipment on hand, you need hundreds of units, in Atlanta probably thousands. Equipment movers, dollys, carts what ever you can to to move equipment to where its needed. Multiple thermal cameras so you can monitor dry downs and be sure everything is dry when you say it is. Keeping track of equipment not only for billing but so you don't leave equipment on the job sites. Very easy to do when you have 10's of thousands of sq/ft or multiple floors.

I love them but they can also be a pain waiting, on 80-100K or more to pay you. Even on jobs where you know the money is secure......worse on those that you haven't dealt with before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
sounds like an all new level of stress, especially when you jump in the deep end right off the bat :dejection:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its really not that bad as long as you are prepared for it. Its a challenge but in the end the reward is worth the effort.

We're working on 28-water losses right now and in some ways those can be more of a headache just due to the logistics.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Its really not that bad as long as you are prepared for it. Its a challenge but in the end the reward is worth the effort.

We're working on 28-water losses right now and in some ways those can be more of a headache just due to the logistics.

I feel so very bad for you, poor Chavez restoration has to work 28 loses and make truck loads of money!!!

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Keeping track of equipment not only for billing but so you don't leave equipment on the job sites. Very easy to do when you have 10's of thousands of sq/ft or multiple floors.

You need to talk with my friend Aminur at Invisi-tag. No more losing stuff.

[video=youtube;I9y2rJVrK9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9y2rJVrK9A[/video]

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cool stuff I'll check it out in more depth., looks viable.

However as long as you have humans dealing with it....there is always chance of error.

I think John looked at it at Bolden's, when he was at his AMRT last year. I know he handed me some info but I'm not sure what I did with it. :neutral:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Yea you know how it is, they don't just give it to you. You have to earn every penny! :winky:

Chavez gets it. You tell everyone you will be there no matter what. you can't turn down a loss or you will NEVER get another one.
Amen. It's a ton of work and you do earn every penny of it.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Not jumping in. I partnered up with a guy 15 months ago and created DONE. Our equipment infrastructure is solid but we underestimated the demand when it came to human resources.
sounds like an all new level of stress, especially when you jump in the deep end right off the bat :dejection:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Are you also doing recon? 28 WIP's? ( work in progress)??? Impressive. If so, mind if I come be a fly on the wall and observe your process flow?
Are you also doing recon?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes in progress.

NO recon, mitigation only, extract, dry (carpet, structure), reinstall and clean.

Its a zoo here. For every homeowner that think we are hero's we have equally as many we are heels (cost too much, been waiting, can't give an estimate promptly, can't give an exact time of arrival. Its been a tough day, I think the heat is frustrating people........besides me.

What would you like to know?

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom