X-Cide vs Odorcide?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
What? Hydrocide or Hydrocide Extreme did not get into your competition?

These products all have the same active ingredient. IMO, the biggest difference is the fragrance or lack of fragrance.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
What? Hydrocide or Hydrocide Extreme did not get into your competition?

These products all have the same active ingredient. IMO, the biggest difference is the fragrance or lack of fragrance.

If that is true then cost would be the only reason to choose one over the other and the scent of course.
I like the smell of my Chemeister Proliminator deodorizer but I'm sure it's no match to Odorcide for removing odors .Getting a product with minimal scent would probably be my best choice. Which are the ones that have little or no scent. I think odorcide is like 80.- per gallon. Is there a less expensive choice that is as good as Odorcide?

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I have heard odorcide however my supplier doesn't carry it and I use excide many times with great results

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I used both and a lot of the knock offs I prefer odorcide to xcide.

Now if scott wants me to sample his send me a 16oz bottle like odorcide did and I'll poor it on some urine and stick my face down there and smell and let You know.

Larry your welcome to send me some too.

Currently trying quatalot and dd12 so far not to impressed with all the board hype, but maybe it takes time to work like an enzyme.

Haven't had any complaints yet or call backs. So its probably fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Name
Andy McFadden
Sam, I find that quat a lot needs about 20 - 30 minutes to work, then smell is completely gone. Odorcide works almost instant, and works on a larger range of odor types, I like quat a lot better for urine issues.

Reactions: SamIam

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sam, PM or email me with your shipping address. Let me know which version of Hydrocide you prefer.
Hydrocide has no odor at all. This allows you to knock out the urine odor and know if it really worked or not. Hydrocide Extreme adds a fragrance, but not to strong. This helps make the working environment more pleasant while you work until the product and ventilation gets all the malodor out of the air.

The odor of some ---cide products is pretty strong. Cleaners have told me they replaced the odor of urine with something that was even harder to get rid of.

If someone wanted to do a more clinical comparison, pour out a measured amount of Hydrocide and whatever other ----cide you are considering. Pour into a glass dish. Let the water evaporate. See how much of the active ingredient is left when the water is gone.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Bridgepoint Hydrocide 80.-
Odorcide 80.-
Pro's choice X-Cide 80.-
Dynachem Dynacide 46.- (that is substantially less)

So if it is the same ingredient in all of those products(Zinc Salt) I can see why they are all the same price.
Is there less Zinc salt in Dynacide and is that the reason why it is less expensive?
Is there any other reason why i might choose one of the more expensive products. And are they really all the same aside from the fragrance?

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I use a product called cat off. it is made by the same company cornell, but the fragrance is much better. it is also labeled for carpet. they have another product which is called koe which stands for kennel odor eliminator. that also has a nice scent however it is not labeled for carpet. One thing that is different in all these products is dilution rate. The cat off that I use is labeled for 4 oz to a gallon of water. Other cides are much more per gallon of water.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Odorcide 80.-
Pro's choice X-Cide 80.-

So if it is the same ingredient in all of those products(Zinc Salt) I can see why they are all the same price.
Is there less Zinc salt in Dynacide and is that the reason why it is less expensive?
Is there any other reason why i might choose one of the more expensive products. And are they really all the same aside from the fragrance?
Dilution ratio and trust and supporting the distributor that will support you. You asked for an answer about two products, if you want the cheapest then forget all those and buy onslaught from steam way it is $28 a gallon and is every bit as good as any of them but when you figure in the dilution ratio it cost about the same. It was our number one seller before odorcide it would still be but most of my customers can do math and odorcide works at 4 oz per gallon for REAL which cost less then 24oz to a gallon to get most others to work. I tried to not go down the road of trying to sell, just answer your question. Call me up and buy a pint $15.40 of odorcide buy a gallon of onslaught for $28 buy Larry's and interlinks and ill give you a gallon of anyone you think beats either odorcide or onslaught. I guarantee neither of them will beat either of those two products. X-Cide isn't a bad product you just have to use way more to get the same results.

Last edited:

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy

No John, I'm definitely not looking for the cheapest way to go. I am always mostly interested in getting the absolute most effective product but if they were all the same sure I wouldn't mind saving some money. Pro's Choice is one of the companies who's products I have had a lot of success with and if I call them with a question I'll always get someone on the phone who is knowledgeable and nice. That goes a long way.
But if you say that I'd need much more of their product to get the same result as with Odorcide then I'll probably pass on X-cide
I called the Odorcide company a while ago and they sent me a couple of 4 oz sample bottles.I have a job tomorrow that will be perfect to try Odorcide out. It's a pretty stinky basement especially in one area where I think I need to start out with OSR ( I was going to write OCD but that's something for another post) I think the 8 oz of Odorcide that I have should cover that basement ( I hope)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Odorcide 80.-
Pro's choice X-Cide 80.-

The same active ingredient, but not all have the same amount of that ingredient. I suggested testing by pouring a small measured amount of each into a glass dish and allowing the water to evaporate. See how much is left. The zinc salt won't evaporate.

There is also a difference in the strength of the fragrance. Personally, I want little or no fragrance. That allows me to know while I am on the job if the product is working not just hiding the malodor.

There will be other minor differences in formulations. Each company has there own secrets.

John's offer sounds pretty good. Bridgepoint makes it simple by offering your money back if you try one of our chemicals and it doesn't do what you thought it should do.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Being such a simple and cheap ingredient like a ZINC SALT, then does it contain any other compounds like diamonds or GOLD to make the product so EXPENSIVE?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Here are a few questions for Mikey's Carpet Cleaning University :)
I just finished a super stinky urine basement room. The stench was worse that any dog smell I have ever encountered. I started with OSR ( poured about 6 gal into the carpet)30 minutes dwell then water clawed it.
Followed by a cleaning (Esteam Attack rinsed with CBS)Much better but I could still smell the urine. How much of the OSR should I have poured into the carpet?
Then I mixed up the Odorcide samples I had (Three 4oz bottles, two were the scented kind.16:1. I sprayed about 1 gal from my pump sprayer onto the carpet. That did it. No more urine smell....for now at least.
I hope it doesn't come back.
I just talked with a local supplier. The told me this:
Carpet cleaners use either OSR or Odorcide, never both.
He said: Soak the carpet in Odorcide, waterclaw it out and then clean it!
I just sprayed the Odorcide over the carpet as a final step and raked it in. He said that was OK but the other way is more effective.
My supplier told me that with Odorcide I won't need OSR or Molecular modifier anymore . Odorcide is not used undiluted so it is actually cheaper than Molecular modifier.

So what do you guys think about that? Is he right? Did I do that job correctly? What should I do if the smell comes back?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Poor information and not true. Think of the frebreeze commercials with a the dead fish and garbage. Sure you can't smell it but it is still there. Call me tomorrow and ill explain it more but he is wrong and giving bad information probably because he just doesn't know I hope.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Thanks John,
I'll call you tomorrow.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
ZINC SALT =CHEAP...............PRODUCT EXPENSIVE............?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I checked on that basement room and it's a lot better but still there is a lingering unpleasant odor. I went over it one more time with X-cide (I had samples for that as well) and it was nowhere near as effective as the Odorcide.
So when that wasn't doing anything I ended up spraying the carpet with Molecular modifier and also injecting it into the pad. It appears that Odorcide is not a silver bullet that can replace all other odor remedies.That would have been too easy!
That job may have been beyond what carpet cleaning can do.The carpet in the basement (or at least the pad) should really be replaced, who knows how deep the urine went into the pad and the concrete slab,but the owner is trying to sell the house and doesn't want to spend the money on replacing anything.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I checked on that basement room and it's a lot better but still there is a lingering unpleasant odor. I went over it one more time with X-cide (I had samples for that as well) and it was nowhere near as effective as the Odorcide.
So when that wasn't doing anything I ended up spraying the carpet with Molecular modifier and also injecting it into the pad. It appears that Odorcide is not a silver bullet that can replace all other odor remedies.That would have been too easy!
That job may have been beyond what carpet cleaning can do.The carpet in the basement (or at least the pad) should really be replaced, who knows how deep the urine went into the pad and the concrete slab,but the owner is trying to sell the house and doesn't want to spend the money on replacing anything.

Jeez mate, if ONLY you had used Odorcide as directed without loading up the carpet with so many different chemicals that could possibly counteract each one, you would not have had to go back a second time.

Have you ever heard of the old saying, "Never mix chemicals"?

Did you lift the carpet to inspect the underlay and floor for damage??

If you do not remove the source of the problem, you will never eliminate the odor.

We are carpet cleaners, not Mandrake the Magician with a magic wand that can cure all problems.

Not having a go at you, just some constructive advice.

:very_drunk:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Being such a simple and cheap ingredient like a ZINC SALT, then does it contain any other compounds like diamonds or GOLD to make the product so EXPENSIVE?

Jimmy,

I have a line on some import of the active component for $0.08 -$0.35 per gram, depending on qty.
Do you have the expertise to determine the requisite concentration, then solublize it for aqueous application, without imparting residual problems?

If you let me do it for you, I'll have to charge you a fair price, including my overhead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom