X-Cide vs Odorcide?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Jeez mate, if ONLY you had used Odorcide as directed without loading up the carpet with so many different chemicals that could possibly counteract each one, you would not have had to go back a second time.

Have you ever heard of the old saying, "Never mix chemicals"?

Did you lift the carpet to inspect the underlay and floor for damage??

If you do not remove the source of the problem, you will never eliminate the odor.

We are carpet cleaners, not Mandrake the Magician with a magic wand that can cure all problems.

Not having a go at you, just some constructive advice.

:very_drunk:

I hear what you're saying. I probably got carried away with my chemicals and no I did not inspect the floor because it's a basement so It's concrete, relatively new structure on level ground and I knew that the pad was very contaminated just from the blacklight inspection and what my nose told me. but....
I started with OSR and waterclawed it out followed by a normal cleaning. That's not overkill or is it?
When that didn't work I used the Odorcide I called the manufacturer and they told me that Odorcide can be mixed with OSR and also used as an additive in Prespray and rinses.
When that smell came back I used the CTI version of the same product(X-cide) thinking that maybe I didn't use enough of the original application.Also I wanted to see how the two"cides" compared in scent and effectiveness.
So there again I'm thinking I used a compatible product. It just didn't do the trick.
The last thing I did (Molecular modifier) was mainly because the customer had a showing with a Realtor the following day, and I know that MM has a very pleasant scent and the enzymes are designed to keep working on odor causing bacteria for an extended time, up to two weeks as long as there is some moisture present.So isn't that a way to get at the source of the problem?
I told the customer what he should really do is pull the carpet, paint the concrete with "Kills" replace the pad and let me treat and clean the carpet on both sides.
There was a lot of contamination and yes I was trying to be a magician and guess what...I'm not even an apprentice :)

John Ohlson told me about a CTI product called UPT, maybe I should have applied that first but that would have been one more chemical in the mix.I really think that a more experienced cleaner than me might just have walked away from this job and said replace it. I'm glad not all jobs are like this, that's for sure!

Name
Andy McFadden
Well This may be hackish advise. But what I do when there is an all over stink is add Odercide or Hydracide to my prespray, along with a good shoot of oxygen, and soak the whole thing down, agitate and clean as normal , nuke it all in one step!

may not get 100 percent but neither osr with claw is 100% ,

Of course if it's a large contamination flood and claw specific areas,

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just stopped by the "urine place" and following the Molecular modifier did the trick. No urine smell and the stuff is still in there doing it's thing. The customer is happy and so am I.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I just stopped by the "urine place" and following the Molecular modifier did the trick. No urine smell and the stuff is still in there doing it's thing. The customer is happy and so am I.

That, my friend, is all that matters.

:very_drunk:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Jimmy,

I have a line on some import of the active component for $0.08 -$0.35 per gram, depending on qty.
Do you have the expertise to determine the requisite concentration, then solublize it for aqueous application, without imparting residual problems?

If you let me do it for you, I'll have to charge you a fair price, including my overhead.

zinc oxide is available by the pound from amazon for less than 10 bucks a pound.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I think they were looking into zinc salt not oxide for my boo boo's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom