Ya wanna hear about my wasted weekend? F**kin suppliers.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
So, I've been dealing with a shaft seal leak on my roots 59 blower. I finally figur eout what the problem was at thebeginning of last week and start seeking out a seal from a Roots dealer. The one I called finds one and has it sent, I get it a day later. Never having seen what the seal looks like, I assume I have the correct one. I spend part of yesterday and part of today removing the belts, exhaust, pulleys, so I can remove the front cover only to find that I have the wrong seal. I can't put it back together because the seal is brittle and broke up when removing, so I have to cut down the seal I got and epoxy it inside the old one to get me by until I get the correct seal only to repeat the process all over again. What a waste of my limited free time.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
you're just dealing with the wrong distributors. Not all of them have poor customer service. I'll see what I can do for you Doug.

Name
steve snail
so I can remove the front cover

The front cover of the blower? The seal on mine (Roots) was leaking. The local mechanic used a screwdriver to pry out (in pieces) the old seal, and then just tapped the new seal into place with a rubber mallet and a block of wood.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Doug;

Take the old seal to a bearing supplier for a replacement.

The number on it would be helpful.

If you are in a decent-sized town, it should be available.

Larry
"A Supplier"

Mikey P

Administrator
You should have called the *** repair hot line, I'm sure Keith Shaw would have flown out with the correct seal that very day.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Mikey P said:
You should have called the *** repair hot line, I'm sure Keith Shaw would have flown out with the correct seal that very day.

LOL, they now say they have 800 members, but nobody posts. Tre sure works hard at promoting it, but what they want to achieve is puzzling to me. First he was fishing for someone to "own him and the forum", now he has gone the opposite and is bragging about having no banner ads. They do have one think this board does not have... freeflow! :D

Jimbo

Doug-Try Motion Industries:

Or enter Zip/Postal Code:
MOTION INDUSTRIES
2302 BELOIT AVENUE
JANESVILLE , WI 53546 -3051

Phone (608) 754-4199
Fax (608) 754-4639

Back
Top Bottom