Yellow Pages Online

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
What are your experiences with YP Online Directory. Gent called me and was selling the idea that it is one the largest search directories and that its better advertising with them online rather than in the books.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I havent been in yellowpages for years,. But they called me and are giving me a small ad in the book and some internet advertising for 50 bucks a month! So I figured the small ad would help out a little bit

John Alzubi

I just canceled with them after 3 years. This year they changed their website and things went down hell since then. Nothing works like Google adwords in my opinion.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
joeynbgky said:
I havent been in yellowpages for years,. But they called me and are giving me a small ad in the book and some internet advertising for 50 bucks a month! So I figured the small ad would help out a little bit

Yep I've got an small ad in Detroit and western subarbs you also get a free listing on thier website you've just got to go there and put in the info yourself.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
everfresh1 said:
Dave Yoakum said:
Why go Yellowpages.com when you can rank higher in Google places for FREE!!!!!

Becouse you can do both :mrgreen:

Why?

In my area Yellow pages.com is on page 2 and my listing is at the top of page 1.

Page 2 never gets seen.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I wouldn't do a damn thing with Yellowpages, print or otherwise. The internet listing is useless, very few in real life use their search directory for anything. The sales reps lie about the #'s and will say anything to get in your wallet.

I bought into the pay-per-call listing last year, seemed like a no-brainer. I wasn't given a chance to proof the ad before it printed, so it was a joke. The only calls I got from it were to another company that had the tracking number before I did, I was charged $15 a call for calls to a different business. When I tirelessly (15 phone calls) tried to get some sort of resolution to the problems I got nowhere - except a bill for around $1500. Of course I didn't pay it, so now I get calls from some law office somewhere trying to collect.

This has been one HUGE nightmare.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Chris, I feel for ya.

When I started in the internet about 7 or 8 years ago..maybe longer...who knows. :roll:
I used YP online and it worked really well.
I got the top ad in the area...which is important.... and it jump started my business.

I don't think it's the same anymore. I was going to use them again and the customer service is horrible..if you get lucky and they get "it" right...no real worries
If they get it wrong...which they did (long story) you're screwed.
I was lucky enough to finally get a nice lady that canceled the whole deal...thank you Lord.

This is how it works..Listen closely

The "sales person" promises the world, does great follow up, kisses your ass, really listens and goes over everything you could possibly imagine.....Great!

As soon as you sign, you don't hear from them again, phone calls, emails, smoke signals...nothing will get them to call you back.
Your ad is wrong and in the wrong placement yada yada yada.

I spent a week trying to cancel the ad and finally got it done.

Calling the customer service line will get you the biggest fucktard loser ass that doesn't care at all.

I used to say the yp online was a good place to start...but they've changed and so has my mind.

This has been a moment with Brian

Ps. Get the free listing...it's good for Google. But get ready for the sales calls...Thank you Full Circle for handling that...(more than just an answering service)
!gotcha!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PPS. Remember to list your free ad on YP EXACTLY as it appears in you Google Places account.

If you're dead set on getting a YP online ad...get the biggest one because that's the only one that will get noticed.
That's a broad statement I know...but it's been my experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom