Yelp price shoppers

Name
Jeff T
I got a yelp request from HongKong yesterday. He/she wanted to know what it would cost to clean 15 sq meters... I told them, it would about 1000 dollars a sq meter...

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Ive learned that price shoppers tend to under represent the scope of the work also-- so your response was spot on.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hum, Canada has alot of Chinese from HK. Maybe she lives in both countries or forgot to update her yelp profile page?
You have to be careful with out of country emails and phone numbers. Many people are here temporily and have out of country numbers. They can still be legit customers.

scotty747

I'm getting less and less checks. More and more card and cash. Also getting sick of people giving me really good tips because they think I don't charge enough. Time to raise the minimum.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
The worst is the people emailing through yelp. It was sooo annoying, I had to shut that crap(emails) off.

"Yea, I've got three rooms to clean, please explain your methods and pricing, availability and equipment you use."

Or even better.

"Two rooms cleaned, today, how much"?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm getting less and less checks. More and more card and cash. Also getting sick of people giving me really good tips because they think I don't charge enough. Time to raise the minimum.
One of my competitors told me he has a portable pos terminal like the pizza guys have. Cost $69 per month plus all the transaction fees. It has a tip option on it just like you're at a restaurant. He enters the amount and gives it to the customer for them to enter their pin number and a good percentage of them give him a 10-20% tip. He claims it's raised his income aprox $1000 a month. Thinking of giving it a try. Allows you to take debit cards too.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Got a Yelp request today for 2 rooms downtown. Quoted $150 which is my minimum charge. Guy emails me back that he has a quote for $125, will I do it for $115? I email him back that I will do it for $175. Haven't heard back yet.
I would stick with the original quote because yelpers are pissy and will write a bad review if you even smell funny

Reactions: Nomad74
Back
Top Bottom