Yelp ROI

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Anyone care to share their ROI if they do paid advertising on Yelp? Yelp won't tell me a go. damb thing about the ROI of cleaners or other nationwide businesses. They say, "well sure people must be getting a return or they wouldn't do it". That's dumbest amature hour answer I've ever heard. Either they know the numbers or not. For instance Service Monster knows that 70% of their customers who use Fill My Schedule have an average ROI of 700%. That's shit you want to hear when it comes to business decisions.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yelp could be regional. Here it get almost no activity and also Yelp reviews don't show up om Google Places. (Google and Yelp have a lot of infighting)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Anyone care to share their ROI if they do paid advertising on Yelp? Yelp won't tell me a go. damb thing about the ROI of cleaners or other nationwide businesses. They say, "well sure people must be getting a return or they wouldn't do it". That's dumbest amature hour answer I've ever heard. Either they know the numbers or not. For instance Service Monster knows that 70% of their customers who use Fill My Schedule have an average ROI of 700%. That's shit you want to hear when it comes to business decisions.
When we did it, I did not see much difference between the free stuff (what is on the internet anyhow) and the advertisement. At the time though it seemed like they did manipulate the listings, so you got a better (higher) listing in their organic page. These days there seem to be less manipulation.

In all fairness though, we never tried to attract the price shoppers, so what works for you may be different.

I'd be much more suspicious of Service Monster's answer than Yelp's.

How does Service Monster know that number?
I, for one, as an advertiser never revealed any of that information to the people I advertised with. It's like playing poker while showing your hand to your opponent.
And exactly what does that number mean? What do you measure it against?

The quick sleek numbers that come out so easily are the one I'd suspect the most.
It is reminds one of being endorsed by an "independent Lab".
And we sure know what that means.

By the way, for a small, 'symbolic', if I may add, amount of money, my Independent Lab in Nigeria will be willing to test your: Product / Service / Quality / Honesty or any other area of business and life in general, you'd be interested in being rated for.
You will love the results.

http://www.youaregreat-guaranteed.com

Give it a shot :p

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
It's pretty simply, you spend X amount of dollars in Y amount of time and you added Z amount of top line revenue to your bottom line. You either know or you don't.

gavin

what is it now, like $300 to advertize on yelp? and you get a banner ad? Here is a few things to keep in mind.

If someone is going to yelp, they are looking for reviews. not a banner ad. They might read a few reviews and then call someone who has good reviews.

I wouldn't pay anything to advertize on yelp. here is what you do.

Lets say for example I wanted to get jobs from yelp. I would make sure a few of my customers here in bellingham left yelp reviews, then I would come to fourms like this and give a link to my yelp site: http://www.yelp.com/biz/carpet-care-cleaners-bellingham

then I would make sure to use the word Bellingham a few times, so that when people type in Carpet Cleaning Bellingham into google my yelp page will appear

this is basic seo, but instead of working on the seo just for http://www.carpetcleaningbellingham, I am also improving the ranking for my local bellingham yelp page, where people can find reviews.

look it's working already:
http://www.google.com/search?q=carpet+c ... am+reviews

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Gavin, when you make your post you should use your keywords as anchor text so when you write out carpet cleaning Richardson TX the search engines see it AND know what to do with it. Just saying the keywords along side the URL link will probably do something but not much. It's the same when wanting the Googles to see your website. You should write out your keyword like carpet cleaning richardson tx and have that link to your site.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You guys spamming for SEO in you explanations?

Like why would he write out Richardson Texas anyway?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Actually I have more than enough links from Mikey's Board...so the post didn't matter much.

But I thought the explanation was pretty good.

The Reason for writing out "Richardson TX" is because the Googles will see Richardson by it'self OR TX if the searcher writes it out.

covering the basis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom