yelp

Name
Ron lippold
I finally got a review on yelp, finally its not all that big here yet, what should I do now..Let it ride or buy some of their advertising..

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Josh Adler said:
Dont pay. no need.

Look for your review to be "filtered" pretty soon as well.

Yelp and Google are always feuding so it often won't help your ranking much if at all.

I get more bang for FREE from Judy's Book. The reviews are ranked by Google and they can show up on your places listing on page one.
They also can give you numerous Google ranked backlinks.

More backlinks can raise your ranking.

You have the reviews. Raising your listing a couple of places could do wonders for you.

Mikey P

Administrator
if the person who left the review is an active member it will stay up. By active I mean one who logs in and uses the site, not necessarily leaves a ton of reviews. As long as the person is active. "She" can leave 20 reviews on her her first visit but if she never comes back they all will vanish.

use the friend system on Yelp to find active acquaintances and ask them to leave you a review over a period of time. If all of yours show up in a week span, you're toast

Don't have all your BNI or Letip buddies review each other either.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Dave Yoakum said:
[quote="Josh Adler":1bikohbv]Dont pay. no need.

Look for your review to be "filtered" pretty soon as well.

Yelp and Google are always feuding so it often won't help your ranking much if at all.

I get more bang for FREE from Judy's Book. The reviews are ranked by Google and they can show up on your places listing on page one.
They also can give you numerous Google ranked backlinks.

More backlinks can raise your ranking.

You have the reviews. Raising your listing a couple of places could do wonders for you.[/quote:1bikohbv]

I have no respect for Judy's book anymore. There are a couple of local cleaners that have put 15+ reviews of THEIR OWN on THE SAME DAY on Judy's book - use can easily track back the writer. Then google picks them up and shows 17 reviews on their places page. I contacted Judy's book about this and they blew me off saying they don't edit accounts. I pointed out the one blatant abuse, and they did not care. I would say over half the stuff on Judy's is bogus, and I can't be the only one to figure this out. The customers who use these "sites" should be able to tell also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom