Yet another big truck thread......

Ryan

Ok so if your tired of reading these just move on lol.

I was talking to a supplier over the holidays when I did some travleing and he was trying to tell me that a Prochem Everst 650hp more power then a Vortex 720. Now I'm pretty sure this is not true, but being a young buck I didn't really call him on it. I just said I didn't think so..

So you guys who know what your talking about help me out here, how does a new everst stack up to the older v's?

Bob Foster

The questions really should be

Why do you need the one with the most power?

What can you afford to buy AND run AND fix?

What type of cleaning do you do?

Ryan

I have no need for anything over a 45 blower and am willing to bet that 95% of cleaners are the same. I just wanna know lol

The 650 I ran at customer appreciation day was very impressive. I hooked two vac hoses (100' each) and cleaned a test strip of carpet with one hose left open and the suction was impressive even on low and on high it was more suction than most single wand units. The heat is also good. Never seen a Vortex so I can't comment on their performance. The Everest is good but you will have small things to troubleshoot. I am still troubleshooting mine. My problem is fuel related and next in line is to replace the fuel pump. That is what I should have done in the first place.

If I was a serious commercial carpet cleaner I would mount two units in one truck for back up reasons and you could essentially run 3 or 4 wands if needed. That would likely be a mess though.

One thing I will say about the Vortex is it kills me to see a cleaner purchase a 90k dollar machine to target restaurants and hood restaurants at that. There is a guy in town here doing just that. Million dollar homes EVERYWHERE and they choose to clean the Golden Dragon in the hood. It works for me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Daniel concentrate on Germantown and areas like it around Memphis. We used to come down there for mill claims in the late 80's and I was tempted to target that market then. It's a gold mine still.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom