Yet Another Multi-Sprayer Question

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Why does the sprayer stop drawing when the level in the jug gets to about two inches from the bottom? Is it just my unit? (Battery)

Pickup tube is about three inches longer than distance to bottom of jug.

Been that way since it was new about two years ago.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Marty: I put up with it for two years before "whining" about it.

Seems to lose prime before the jug is empty. Why?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John La Rue said:
Why does the sprayer stop drawing when the level in the jug gets to about two inches from the bottom? Is it just my unit? (Battery)

Pickup tube is about three inches longer than distance to bottom of jug.

Been that way since it was new about two years ago.

Couple possible reasons.
The tube is too long and is curling up the side of the jug instead of laying flat in the bottom.

Another reason is, maybe when it gets near empty, you're not holding it still enough while spraying and the 2" left in the bottom is sloshing and cause it to suck air instead of solution.

Maybe in Pigzville they "all do that", but up here in Ohio they work a little better I guess and drain to about 1/2"

My "guess" is, the pick up tube may be curling up the side of the jug and not laying flat on the bottom

..L.T.A.

danpauselius

My tube sits right in the front corner of the jug. I tilt it forward and can get it to work fine down to about 1-2 ozs. left.

FastEddie

That's kinda odd, my MS sucks up just about all the PS. Only about an ounce left in it, tops. Over 3 years now without any issues, still using same the original battery that came with it. Mods do pay off.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
John La Rue said:
End of tube is submerged.

Take a good look at the tube.
Bend it in all directions.
(at the spot where it would be 2" from the bottom of jug)
Might be cracked.

If the tube..or rather the end of the tube and filter is submerged and it's loosing prime (which means sucking air) there very well may be a crack/tear in the tube

..L.T.A.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
John,

Mine does/did the same thing. Shorten the tube as it will curl up, like Larry said.

And never mind Marty, he gets that way when its time to change his diaper.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
meAt Nailed It

MeAt nailed it.

I noticed fine, lateral cracks in the pickup hose when I bent it. Replaced the original hose with a new one from Lowe's. Now empties the jug.

Strange thing is that I think it always left 1" - 2" in the bottom of the jug, even when new.

Mods I've made are replacing the brass wand valve with a HydroForce gun-type, adding a bypass valve for priming (rarely needed), and changing to a 11006 jet. Replaced the battery with one from Batteries Plus at about 18 months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom