Yet another vac question...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
This one's for the house/wife. She has a rotator cuff injury from a while back and complains (rightly so) that our existing upright vac is too heavy and hard to push.

Hepa would be nice, easy to move is the primary requirement. Price not an issue. Hose/tools would be a plus.

I'm considering a central vac, but need to get something right away in the mean time.

What do you all recommend?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Actually at home I use a miele venus canister vac. Hepa filtered, powerful powerhead, adjustable wand, floor,upholstery,dusting accessories. She is just pushing the powerhead, not the whole vacuum. Mine is almost 10 years old. I brought it in once to be serviced and it still works great. My wife won't let me take it out of the house so it's never seen a customers carpet.

Reactions: dgardner

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
That just means that you're both cheapskates.

You buy a Shark, Dan, and there will be so many potential implications that your marriage may literally be kaput. Unless of course she's a "price conscious" consumer just like the two "gentlemen" above from far flung states. It's like buying a zircon ring for your 3oth, anniversary.

There are some self propelled vacuums that require less effort. I've never been a huge fan but some like them. The Windsor is a really nice one and so are the Miele canisters. If you get one, make sure the brush head has its own motor.
Both are quiet and have hepa. The Windsor will do a better job on carpet, the Miele will offer more options and will cost less. With some of the Windsors you can detach the motor body from the brush head and carry it around (much lighter). Both are good choices.

Last edited:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
be a gentleman and DO the vacuuming for her.
I use to like the Dyson, but now prefer the shark navigator because of price, weight and performance.
AN engineer like you should appreciate and marvel at its performance.-- You may have to empty the canister after each room.
read the manual so that you will know how to keep it operating a peck performance.
I'm not a fan of central vacuums due to expense and performance.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I prefer the Bissel Powerforce with a bag. I had a lady one day that couldn't get all of the baking soda out she had put in her wool rug. She was using a Dyson. I went and brought in the Bissel and sucked it right out. She was impressed. The Bissel has never clogged or had dog hair wrap around the beater bar until the belt started burning. I have a Kirby, but I hate that thing. Too heavy and not enough hight adjustments. If any body wants to buy it let me know. Barely used.

Yes, I know it looks hackish, but for $49.00 it can't be beat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom