You broke something at a custys...

-JB-

Name
JB
Holy crap!

Thanks Dave, that's the type a answer(s) I was looking for.

Anyone else?

Ken?

Oz?

Appleby?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
JB, I think you are looking for a one size fits all policy and there is no such thing. Two identical problems that happen in two seperate customer's homes may be handled completely differently. Sometimes the customer may feel better about either replacing/repairing it themselves, sometimes they know a contractor that they have used that can repair/replace it, sometimes we repair/replace it, sometimes we offer money off the bill, and sometimes we send the customer a check to cover the damages.

In most cases, I let the customer decide how they would like us to proceed.

-JB-

Name
JB
I let the customer decide how they would like us to proceed.

sounds like that right there is the policy.

Brian, you work w/Ken right?

Our policy would be to replace/fix or if customer wants to replace/fix on there own we will write them a check with a PAID reciept and only write a check with a paid invoice....

JB said:
so now you want to see receipts huh?

only over $7000? :lol:
The reason we ask for a paid invoice is to make sure that we aren't paying an over priced estimate on something that they will never have fixed/replaced...we would have to claim it as a loss at the end of the year and thats another reason we need to have a paid receipt...if I havent written a check then that gives the customer the incentive to get it to us...if the customer wanted I would pay the company that fixed/replaced the item for them directly....I would also ask the customer to give us a testimonial after we fixed/replaced whatever was broke stating that we had an accident and that we took care of it in a timely matter....
I would also give Mrs. P a discount for a future cleaning or possiblly a free cleaning depending on what we broke and the inconvenience that she had....

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hhmmm why would you require them to get it fixed? that is their decision not yours. if you broke it you buy it..the cust decides if they replace or fix it. the point is to make the break as easy and pain free for the cust as we can..if we start asking for recipts, quotes, testimonials etc etc it just reminds them that we broke something and is was a pain in the ass to get it all resolved. when i sa est i am not talking about a 10k lamp..i am talking about general house hold items.
dave

-JB-

Name
JB
if we start asking for recipts, quotes, testimonials etc etc it just reminds them that we broke something and is was a pain in the ass to get it all resolved
pretty big moment of truth rit thar. huh?

I always tell friends/family and clients alike...

You wanna find out real quick what type of company/people your dealing with?

Call and complain about something, see how they handle it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom