You can skip that step..

Mikey P

Administrator
When I was vacuuming the real estate office yesterday an agent told me he watched the janitor "do a real good job" yesterday with the office's machine. He almost insisted that I not go over it with my Kirby.

After he left I found their unit..

IMG_20190120_111402.jpg

No wonder the last guy browned it out..

The bag was more bloated than a pig farmer stuck in his home babysitting his wife for six weeks and the filter couldn't have been more useless

Always pre vac.

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
They need a better janitorial service. To bad i dont live close enough for that

Reactions: Mikey P

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
When I was crazy and thought I'd like being a carpet inspector, one of the things we were asked to do on "performance claims" was to inspect the vacuum cleaner.

Vacuums in this condition were a common problem.

This will sound like a made up story, but the source is a friend and inspector who isn't really the funny type, and he told me the story in a state of furious indignation. He got even more indignant when I laughed about it:

At an inspection he had, he asked to see the vacuum, and the homeowner replied that they had a "Central Vacuum System" built into the house.

He then asked to inspect the attachments that they hooked up to the system.

Their reply?

"What attachments? We just turn on the switch..."

Like I said, he just got angry.

Me? I find the stupidity of people endlessly entertaining.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Dysons overheat and switch off. I don't like that. If I want to melt down my vacuum I should have that option available to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Jeff T
I did a restaurant two nights ago. My helper was vacuuming the carpet while I set up to clean the uph. When she finished, I noticed a few small areas that needed extra attention( it was a night job, and lighting was poor). Anyway, the janitor closet was unlocked, so I grabbed the POS house vac. Wallyworld special..... the canister was full. I turned it on, and all I could hear was that high pitched whine of a chocked motor. I shut it off, flipped it over, and the intake was so clogged, I couldn’t dig it out with with a piece of tie wire..... hmm, wonder how long it’s been like that?????

• Wow
Reactions: Living The Dream

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I did a restaurant two nights ago. My helper was vacuuming the carpet while I set up to clean the uph. When she finished, I noticed a few small areas that needed extra attention( it was a night job, and lighting was poor). Anyway, the janitor closet was unlocked, so I grabbed the POS house vac. Wallyworld special..... the canister was full. I turned it on, and all I could hear was that high pitched whine of a chocked motor. I shut it off, flipped it over, and the intake was so clogged, I couldn’t dig it out with with a piece of tie wire..... hmm, wonder how long it’s been like that?????
That’s the way her Dyson was today. I pulled out 2big handfuls of goodies that clogged it up.

Reactions: Foothills Phil

Mikey P

Administrator

Glad to know not all Candians are moppydopeheadsdowngothroughthemotions types

Reactions: Sierra Clean Care

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I keep my hands out of my customers bags. I've stopped asking what vacuum they have and how often they use it. The evidence is usually right there in front of me. I don't need to ask any embarrassing questions.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
It's all in how you resent your concern..

Ron with your sense of humor I can imagine " Hey Mrs Piftleton would you like me to squeeze your bag" not going over too well..

Reactions: Cleanworks
Name
Swani
Sometimes I feel as if homeowners are insulted that I vaccum after they have told me they vacuumed already. Most of the time I pick up a ton more soil and find that they rarely edge.

Reactions: SamIam

LCCFL

Name
Eli Rodriguez
I’ve been using a simplicity for a while now. I love the suction it has. Downfall is the little hepa bags but overall a great vacuum.

Reactions: Foothills Phil

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Sometimes I feel as if homeowners are insulted that I vaccum after they have told me they vacuumed already. Most of the time I pick up a ton more soil and find that they rarely edge.
If that example insults them...then they need to lighten up. You're there to give them the cleanest carpet possible. There's tactful ways to do that without making them feel insulted.

The comment I always tell my customers when I go behind their vacuuming is
"With the wonderful world we live in that has gravity...since we can't flip that carpet over to let the dirt fall out: I've found you can never vacuum a carpet too much. The less dry dirt that's in the carpet, the better the steam cleaning process turns out."

I don't brag and bs about how my "commercial" vacuum picks up more than their bissell or how much slower I go with my vacuum than the average person. That's stupid. Just tell them a simple reason you do your process and make them feel at ease because you're not doing their house any different than you would someone else's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom