You ever work for FREE?

Name
I'm Rick James
I am this week. My wife has a friend at work who's husband died and left her with 4 kids. They had no insurance policy. They had to move into a 2 BR apt. She cant even afford to get her kids new clothes for school, she works 2 jobs. My wife was over there dropping off some clothes for the younger one and the carpets were nasty she said. So this is where I come in. Gonna do it for free and I really dont mind, glad I can help. Feels good.

You guys ever do anything like this and do you discount clean for friends and family?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
did two buildings in san francisco for for abused /batterd women each had 16 1bed units that was last month

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Yup, just did one yesterday for my wifes cousin. He pulled out his check book and I told him Merry Christmas and his money was no good. and I usuaaly donate cleanings for fundraisers that local groups do.

Ernie G

Feels good and can be good pr. Battered womens home, troubled boys home, relatives and several charities.

P

petescarpet

All the time. We even do a thing called Cleaning for Cancer through the IJCSA.
We did a job for free last week ( or should say got ripped off). The looser had us clean his condo, said he'd meet us at the end of the job, he didn't. Hasn't returned any of our calls & probably won't.... Does that count as charity???? :roll:

Greg Loe

I never do anything for ungrateful freeloaders looking for a freebie :twisted: .

And if I ever did. I wouldn't tell a soul, because then everybody would want a freebie. :twisted:

No good deed goes un-punished! :twisted:

Can't buy your way into heaven :twisted:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And if I ever did. I wouldn't tell a soul, because then everybody would want a freebie. :twisted:

That's the spirit of doing it. And I'm not telling. :wink:

Mr.V

I have done it for churches...................cuz i'm a sinner

and i've done it for a local charity "habitat for humanity"

did carpets at full price afterwords for all the staff

it's hard to feel bad afterwords and it usually does pay off.

Spurling

Yeah .. the wife wants me to clean these couches ..Im dreadin it .. microfiber .. 4 kids and a ghost ..guess which of them spill shit on everything .. oh and all of the oils

Name
BradFenstermaker
Had a great oppurtunity a few weeks back. Older Lady schedules for a cleaning. Morning of she called real early and canceled, she was crying and said sorry but she couldn't afford it.

My wife told me her Husband was out of town at hospital dying with cancer.

Her daughter and granddaughter where coming in and she loved to sleep on the LR floor with grandaughter. My Mom and Daughter do that too.

Well I called her back and said if you can keep a secret " I will clean your carpet for free "

Man that Lady had me in tears before I hung up. It is always a great feeling to help someone in need.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Yeah, I cleaned for free a lot.

This may sound stupid, but because I'm an atheist and don't believe in heaven or an afterlife, I believe that we only have one life, one opportunity to "leave the world better than we found it" in whatever way we can. It's important to me.

Take care,
Lisa

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
All the time.

In fact next month we give cards for free carpet cleaning to charity auctions to make money off of

Name
John LaBarbera
Yes, Monday I clean the carpets at the Elks club so we can use it with out charge for the Mytee Mikeyfest. I going to post before and after pictures, so you guys will feel sorry for me.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
when the situation calls for it, I'm able to help.
I've always like the saying I heard years ago:

You are where you are
Not by chance or destiny
But by design of the Creator
For your development
Or for the development of someone around you

Or for helping someone around you.
We've each been given a gift, a tool, something to share.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ron Werner said:
when the situation calls for it, I'm able to help.
I've always like the saying I heard years ago:

You are where you are
Not by chance or destiny
But by design of the Creator
For your development
Or for the development of someone around you

Or for helping someone around you.
We've each been given a gift, a tool, something to share.

Thanks for sharing that Ron.

I'm going to PhotoShop that and hang it on the wall.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
Yes, Monday I clean the carpets at the Elks club so we can use it with out charge for the Mytee Mikeyfest. I going to post before and after pictures, so you guys will feel sorry for me.

I'm busily wiping tears as I type. :cry: Good to see some real time to understand what us poor hacks go through every day.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I do what I can, especially for the older folks who need the help but won't ask.
also fun raisers

Name
I'm Rick James
Alright gangsters, so freebies are common, I wasnt sure if I was getting soft in my older years.

So what about friends and family. I clean my brothers house for free and friends I give a good discount. I dont have alot of friends so that is good.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
we all can see why your short on friends.

I trade services with friends or charge them slightly less than others

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom