You get what you pay for.....?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Last job of the day, meet a lady at her boss's house to give an estimate, then follow her home to clean 1 room.

Boss and his wife are elderly attorneys, super nice people, really dirty carpet. I explain that the carpet will need to be pre-scrubbed and then extracted, that the cost will be $300 including protector. He says that's great, the last carpet cleaner came in, stayed for 2 DAYS, and sat his fat ass on the couch and watched his wife do all the work, which was not very good at all. WTF, I would have never believed any of that if these people had appeared to be anything but genuine. To top it off, the guy charged him $800 freakin bucks for 6 rooms.

To say the very least they were more than happy to schedule there cleaning just as soon as their asphalt drive gets sealed. So I follow the secretary back to her place for her 1 ROOM of carpet cleaning, thinking how great carpet cleaner I was and was I really gonna show up that POS con artist cleaner that was at her boss's place before me and be swimming in glorious referrals from all corners.

WELL, when we get to her place my %%%****!!!! truckmount refused to start, and I had to make that humiliating march back into the house to ask for a rain check.

So, I reckon it took her about 10 seconds for her to call the boss and fill him in on why I was so much cheaper than the other guy. I guess you really do get what you pay for.

John Watson

Helen and I ain't been in Indiana in a few years.

"Is someone copying my style????"

WTF Somebody cloning our style???

Whew, I just re read your post, ' which was not very good at all"

Hel- We do nothing but Good work

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Actually I was pointing out the irony in the fact that these people were so overcharged before, but when I actually gave them a fair price - at the very moment when I had the opportunity to be quite the hero - my normally very reliable and easy to maintain machine decided to take a day off, leaving a customer with the impression that perhaps my price was so much cheaper because I AM A HACK. I was not saying that I got what I paid for when I bought my machine.

I do believe perhaps that any machine, be it a V, AT, Judson, or NASA's Space Shuttle may be susceptible to mechanical failure at some point in its useful life - unless you choose to make a rather expensive lawn ornament out of it.

Now that I have had to explain this in such depth, it really is not funny anymore. :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So what was wrong with the machine?...

and it really wasn't all that funny to begin with. :mrgreen:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was referred to a client because of my "reliability". The previous cleaner phoned the day of the cleaning telling her he couldn't make it because his machine just broke down.
I had only had my Big Red about a year or so and already had the blower bearings rebuilt, but it had always made noises since. On the job just before, I shut down the tm and the blower went CLUNK! I though, OH Shit, what was that. But there was no way I was going to call this lady and tell her MY equipment has just broke down. So I prayed over it to just make it through one more job, fired it up and went at it. Got the job done, shut it down and it went CLUNK. I though, I am NOT starting this thing up again.
That was Friday night, nothing to do till Mon morning. I was on the first ferry to the mainland to the Roots dealer, had a 59 installed by the end of the day and back to work Tues, with more tweaks yet to come.

It does seem the more impression you try to make the higher the likelihood of a malfunction.

Back
Top Bottom