You guys eat out or pack your lunch?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
You guys stop at fast food places when your out working all day or pack your lunches?

Me, i pack. Nothing like you own meal. Sometimes i dont bring enough just fruits then tempted to stop at wendys or something but i hold the fort and wait til I get home.
Save lots of money this way. Sometimes with drinks…..lemon flavored watered all day bany!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When I don’t skip lunch, I swing by arbys, Zaxby’s, Popeyes, Wendy’s, or DQ

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
They are not that good. I need to quit wasting money on them. At this point I’m sure they do nothing for me. It’s a habit.
Yeah i had the same habit with vanilla flavored cappuccino every night at one time years ago. Haven't touched one of them in about a decade.

Reactions: Trip Moses

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Neither
it's rare I eat lunch. (and never eat breakfast)
Then or now

Pot of coffee in the morning.
Biggie pop* (2/3 Coke Zero 1/3 Mountain Dew Red)
Eat dinner around 6, drink water (half gal give or take) the rest of evening.

*used to drink froo-froo coffee (with ice in summer, hot in winter)
Gigundo biggie pop cup, 1/2 Columbian, 1/2 caffein charged mocha, 7-8 coffee shots (Stoke and Resses shots)
Prob'ly 1500 calories or better...had to cut that when I hung up the tools and started to blimp...

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mike J

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Always Pack. Filtered tap water in re usable containers. Went to zero store bought water. Besides the waste, it was another step of work. empties falling out of truck, caps, what a Pia. Finally after years and years I said I'm not taking another bottle again.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Huge homemade breakfast sandwich on the way to first job. Then lunch is PB&J, Baby Carrots, String Cheese.

Every single day.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Usually have orange juice, yogurt, a hard boiled egg and a banana for breakfast. Will stop for fast for lunch most times. Usually a quarter pounder with cheese, no ketchup or mustard and a coffee. No fries.

Reactions: SamIam

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Always Pack. Filtered tap water in re usable containers. Went to zero store bought water. Besides the waste, it was another step of work. empties falling out of truck, caps, what a Pia. Finally after years and years I said I'm not taking another bottle again.
Ice Mountain by the fi gal .....buy 10 at a time....even has a dispenser ...hot and cold!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
2 protein bars a sandwich and a monster zeros energy drink diet tea too 2 waters too

Name
Swani
If I dont eat before I leave the house, I will occasionally stop at the gas station and get a salad, pizza, and a Diet Dew, then not eat until I get home. My wife is good about packing the drinking water.

Name
Swani
breakfast is 2 glasses of water and 2 black coffees

2-3 litres of electrolyte water is my packed lunch

4pm "nicoise" salad

6:30pm evening meal
What electrolyte water do you get? I've use Liquid IV and Water Boy. Both are good, but Liquid IV has a lot of sugar, supposedly its for glucose.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What electrolyte water do you get? I've use Liquid IV and Water Boy. Both are good, but Liquid IV has a lot of sugar, supposedly its for glucose.
I make my own, filtered tap water, about 50ml mag bicarb (made seperately) 1tbsp sole salt solution(made also) 1/2 tsp K chloride, half a lemon or so, sometimes some ACV, 1 heaped tspn sugar to a liter mix.. not as disciplined now during my slow season but come summer I am

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Ice Mountain by the fi gal .....buy 10 at a time....even has a dispenser ...hot and cold!
Honestly we got the containers that you pour water into the top and it trickles through filter. I bought enough filters for at least a year. It was my one thing I loaded up on when everyone else was buying hand sanitizer and toilet paper. Luckily our city water is good enough to do this, which may not be the case for everyone. If that wasn't an option I would to the Ice Mountain.

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I got Scott a Hot Logic Mini and he takes leftovers or something he can heat from frozen in the truck some days, other days he gets food out or eats at home/the shop between jobs.

HOTLOGIC Mini Portable Oven, Food Warmer Electric Lunch Box with 12V Vehicle Plug, Mini Personal Heated Lunch Box for Cooking and Reheating Meals in Vehicles and Trucks for Work on the Road (Black)
https://a.co/d/87yEyd3

Reactions: Living The Dream

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Single use bottles gone, now we just upped our game. Always thinking about my 7 yo in the future. These are simple adjustments

F4CC679C-2616-4C48-AD4D-B394A8FC301A.jpeg

Reactions: Papa John

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Single use bottles gone, now we just upped our game. Always thinking about my 7 yo in the future. These are simple adjustments

View attachment 116776

90% of the trash in the ocean comes from the third world. Disposable sandwich bags, and straws for that matter, are not a real problem.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
They are not that good. I need to quit wasting money on them. At this point I’m sure they do nothing for me. It’s a habit.
Monster has a 300mg caffeine drink that will supercharge you. :eekk:

I'm mostly an OMAD guy. but I have protein shakes, protein bars, Metamucil, and water in the truck as well. 😎

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Since I don't work for a living, it isn't fair for me to compare my work lunch.

My hiking lunch is a protein bar and water. Anything more slows me down.

When I slung a wand in my teens, I skipped lunch most days, or ate what the sweet little old ladies gave me*

*they were probably in their 40s :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom