?Your business will double if you shave your beard?

FredC

Village Idiot
Most of your customers aren't going to know what you look like before you get there although that is changing with website/social media. So those prospects aren't going to change much. Even if they are checking out what you look like negatives can be mitigated with things like a uniform, family pics, etc

It may be different for your outside sales and referrals. Prospects may be turned off by the beard. Customers, even though they like you, may not refer you to their friends.

Similar to tats people aren't going to take issue with you not having them. I know...there was that one guy that got a huge job just because he had 'insert thing you want to make the exception the rule for here'

In most cases it probably won't matter but if you are fine tuning things it may be something you want to look at. Same with clothes, grooming, weight, vocabulary, conversation/phone skills, etc. *

Fine tuning these thing can help overcome things you can't change like the weapons grade case of the ugly some of you have. There are also proven biases like height, hair loss, race/ethnicity, gender etc that you may be faced with so choosing to add another may not be a good idea.

In every thread like this you will get people that say it doesn't matter and little old ladies love "X" never knowing how many they turned off. Not just with things like appearance. I see people with absolutely visually assaulting websites say "Oh people like it" because one person back in '03 told them they hired them because of their site. S

None of this is going to matter much if you're just looking to be a carpet cleaner I guess.....

*not directed at you personally

**<--- tats and occasional facial hair

Last edited:
F

FB7777

It matters far more what's going on in your mind and out your mouth than what resides under it

And Cordell is correct ... most of you mutts are fugly

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The lime green hatchback hit it right on target. You might find that one customer to choose your services for that beard, but a big cluster of customers might shy away from you. I understand. I don't know if I'm ready to shave it yet, but I do know I wear a hat wayyy too often. I'm gonna start with brushing my hair instead of throwing on the cap

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
As for Keanu Reeves' hairy beard picture on the side here...I think that beard is super sloppy with it being uneven and the neck being hairy. That definitely has a "lazy" look and also "sloppy". It's obvious that someone in this business with a beard like that will see negative effects.

I try hard to make sure it's trimmed and cut short enough so the hairs don't start growing out of control at different angles. But to the human's major flaw, they are very judgmental at the first 8 seconds of meeting you. That's why I asked this question to you punks. If I'm ugly or creepy looking, I need to know

steve_64

It matters far more what's going on in your mind and out your mouth than what resides under it

And Cordell is correct ... most of you mutts are fugly
It's best if I keep my mouth shut and let my work speak for me. Its the great thing about commercial work.

Seriously though when I decided to get into this I took my looks into consideration. I was thinking I needed to put them to work for me since my attitude was holding me back. I can be a he'll of salesman when my mind is right.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Matt Middleton
Once again to quote Jeff Bishop:

"You can't judge a book by it's cover...
But a lot of books are bought because of their covers."

Reactions: Cleanworks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
speaking of...

I have to be clean shaven tomorrow

My lead abatement contractor license requires a physical .
Part of that is a respirator test fit ...which requires no beard

over 30 years I've worn it
Don't know what I look like without it

I hope I don't look like this when I shave

lta

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom