Your cleaning made my carpet smell bad

John Buxton

I've been doing this 16 years now and have never gotten a call like this one today. I cleaned for her on Wednesday. A small job 600 SF, HWE, took the usual 4-6 hours to dry, nothing bad as far as pet problems, or other issues. Anyway she says the carpets began to stink after they dried and it has gotten worse. She cant describe the odor but its not mildew, or pet urine (she does have pets).

I'll go out and see what I can see or smell but this sounds weird. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Take your moisture probe and check the backing of the carpet.

I would hazard a guess that it is either psychological odor, or one of the pets that NEVER piddle on the carpet has had a "little accident" at some time.

The moisture from your HWE has activated the alkaline urine salts, causing them to off-gas.

Ooroo

:roll:

MikeD00019

I cleaned a couch and love seat and everything was fine. The guy i sent over to re stretch the carpet said, " she complained that her couch and love seat smelled like a dog", which she has. Now, she never called me, and I even called her and left a message to come back out. She never called back. Weird.

Spray some deodorizer and walk away. If you reclean it your making it look like you messed it up the first time. Need to ask about the history of the carpet and how long she has lived there and who cleaned it last time. Also ask if she is compulsive liar and/or just wanting something for free. Usually the last one I mentioned.

TimP

It's all because you recycle your water. She didn't get that first job of the day so you stank up her rug....just give her what she wants....some new carpet. :shock:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Buddy,call the twit an tell her ...How else am I gonna sell deodorizer,then hang up on the ol Crow...

Just kiddin,Caes...There is always a few like that out there.Make lemonade an remember to add it to the experience factor your recieving...

Name
I'm Rick James
I am willing to put my money on a pre exsisting issue. Take your pick milk, juice, maybe she likes to rub her butt on the floor because she has worms. Just deodorize at no charge and reclean with the biggest smile you have. :D Its all about customer service....

:mrgreen:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I think Buck left bodily fluids in a corner when he was short taken. :wink: Although the wormy butt dragging might bs a solid clue. Squirt some Brut around, rake it in and run.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom