Your estimate is 30% higher..

Name
Jeff T
" so would you please make the adjustments on your estimate to reflect the quotes we got from other companies, we really want to use you.."

"Also, we like that you can do it all in one day, the others needed two"

Ok, now I've heard everything...
Well, seeings how you guys want it done in one day, I need to adjust my logistics, it’s now going to be 90% higher than my original quote. Would you like FPA with that?...... people don’t understand that when they hire a true PROFESSIONAL, they pay professional prices.....

Name
Steve Lawrence
You've found your price. Since that is what you are most interested in, take it!

Everyone wants a great job done, but only some are willing to pay for it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I think people don't often realize how ridiculous its sounds on the other end when they tell you that the other "low bidders" have constraints that are unacceptible.

When I was younger, and thought I was a comedian, a cleaner called for a hard to find item.

I quoted him the price, and he said that "the other company" sold it for much less. I asked why he didn't buy it there, and he said they didn't have any in stock.

Thinking this would be funny, I told him that I have the same price as they do when I don't have it in stock.

He replied: "OK, call me when you don't have it in stock, and I'll order it then"

Then I had to explain that I was using a bit of humor....and you know if you have to explain a joke, its not really funny at all.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Do you ever wish dear ol'Darth had started a supply shop for electritions or plumbers?

Never in a million years.

I have had more fun in this career than most people I know. The combination of the crazy things cleaners get into because you never know what the next call brings, and the fact that most cleaners are self employed because they are otherwise unemployable (Darth Vader's reason he gives for starting our business with his own self analysis) means that the personalities and circumstances of each event are endlessly interesting or funny.

Yes, and sometimes not so funny, but any field can be like that.

And one more thing:

99% of the people in the business are the best people I've met. Being OCD or at least single minded may be a part of sticking around in this business, but mostly being a very nice person and good human being is essential to making it in the long run.

So no, I wouldn't have had my life follow another path if I could be given the choice.

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If someone were to draw a venn diagram of people who complain about cheap clients versus people who say things like that when getting quotes. It would be two circles perfectly on top of each other.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
If he turns you down, just say cherrfully:

“Nasrat, ya ibn sharmute, Allah inna anna abou’ik!”

It may be less than polite, but will accurately describe your opinion.

Please translate....this must be good

Name
Steve Lawrence
I think people don't often realize how ridiculous its sounds on the other end when they tell you that the other "low bidders" have constraints that are unacceptible.

When I was younger, and thought I was a comedian, a cleaner called for a hard to find item.

I quoted him the price, and he said that "the other company" sold it for much less. I asked why he didn't buy it there, and he said they didn't have any in stock.

Thinking this would be funny, I told him that I have the same price as they do when I don't have it in stock.

He replied: "OK, call me when you don't have it in stock, and I'll order it then"

Then I had to explain that I was using a bit of humor....and you know if you have to explain a joke, its not really funny at all.

Gotta feeling he was trying to be funny, too.

Reactions: Jim Pemberton
Name
Steve Lawrence
Hey Mikey, that potential customer has no idea how much better your service is. He may give in and hire you or he may find out the hard way. I am glad to hear you are sticking to your guns.

Reactions: Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
" so would you please make the adjustments on your estimate to reflect the quotes we got from other companies, we really want to use you.."

"Also, we like that you can do it all in one day, the others needed two"

Ok, now I've heard everything...

Umm obviously you don’t really want to use us!

Mikey P

Administrator
nasrat.jpg

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Dont try to make sense out of it. I bid 11,000 ft. in two bldgs. at .10 per foot. I must have been too low. Haven’t heard a word. Maybe it was my pizzazz, or lack there of.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom