Your Method of unplugging Jets?

Name
Kevin McCreary
When a jet plugs up on a job or sprays uneven, ( rare for me) whats your

weapon of choice for a quick fix with out removing it on a job?

I use a staple!! LOL

I might even swipe it from some kids homework!! (positive moment of truth)

John Watson

We try to have a filter before, I know it always doesn't work so I found a 3 inch long hat pin in an MT unit about 15 years ago. It has a very fine and long tip that has worked well till I lost it this past Oct when Helens stair tool started to spray funny. Then I changed it to mo flo and put a glide and drip stopper on it.

Mikey P

Administrator
A staple will just push the obstruction back into the manifold to haunt you again later.

I almost never get a plugged jet on my wands.

Name
Jesse
I use a steel brush by pushing it against the jet and forcing a single wire into the jet while pulling the trigger. That works 95% of the time, if not I take the jet off.

I put larger jets in all our tools to prevent, very few plugged jets these days. 03's on the ti wands and 04's on the stair tools.

Joe Couch

If you use a in-line filter on your cleaning tools and soft water you will almost never get a clogged jet. Just make sure that you periodically clean your filter and you'll be good to go.

asupremeclean

I use a utility knife and run it along the obstruction and pull the trigger. Do this till it's gone. If I find that's not working I will disassemble and blow.
Normally the knife works.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
similar to what asuperclean does.

running a needle across the jet slot while spraying will often dislodge the crud.

I've also cranked the PSI to 1200 to blow it out
(Powermatics have a three way valve to allow fast easy PSI changes)

When all that fails, I have extra extenders and jets ready to go on the van.
We just unscrew the fouled jet/extender and screw in another.
No monkeying around clearing a fouled jet on the job that way.
When we change the jet & extender, we also trigger the wand before screwing in the new one, so any crud in the manifold is flushed out too

having said that, it's rare we get get fouled jets or need to clean the strainer often since we started flushing the line into the vac hose for a 30/40 seconds before connecting to the tool

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I can't remember the last time I had a clogged jet, my prochem wand came with a small filter near where you attach the hose, if you don't have this filter clogging jets will be very common,the few times I have gotten one I usually just use a staple or sometimes even my fingernail will dislodge it.

Clark

Go to a welding supply or NAPA and get a gas welding torch tip cleaner. They work great.

Fon Johnson

In-line filters pretty much will stop this. If we have something slip by, a garbage twist tie with the plastic peeled back, a staple, a paper clip, or just remove the jet and rinse it. The larger the jet, the less problems you will have.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have a filter on the incoming water and a filter on the water coming out of the tank.....................my jets pretty much run clog free.......

Fon Johnson

LOL

Jim and I must be about equally anal. I have a filter at the hose before the fresh water tank, a filter between the tank and pump, an in-line filter on all tools, and filters on the jets. If we get a clog, it is a realllly sneaky one! If we do get one, it is usually related to neptune's "black death" too!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it is just the 6 "P" rule......................

Proper. .Planning..Prevents.Piss..Poor ..Production............

just stay ahead of the game............

doug450

I have not had to unclog any of mine yet cause I am pretty new but I bet a tip cleaner set for a oxy acetylene torch set would work good,the set is no more than a couple dollars and it has alot of sizes on it,I usem at work to unclog alot of different things,I am sure if the tip cleaners work to clean out a needle point to a high pressure grease gun it work for wand tips and other tips you might be talking about.

Woops I just noticed some one else mentioned the tip cleaner already. O WELL

Doug

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom