Zipper Jr.

Name
Nate W.
Erik said:
The Zipper Jr. cleans Chinese Restaurants excellent, the lighting was poor and video is not the best of quality. We are going to be at the Florida Connections in May. We are at Booth 208. Come check it out for yourself!!

I'd love to, but I'm in Hawaii and I won't be attending Connections. Too far and wouldn't really care to go to Florida.

Anyone else have any hands on experience with the zipper?

Greenie

dealtimeman said:
like ron mentioned it is a little odd that they used a pump up sprayer in the demo.

I'm not sure they used a pump up as the primary pre-spary applicator, it appeared to me to be a spotting agent he was brushing in on a bad spot?

Actually knowing Erik and his high production philosophy, I'm willing to be he has some type of elec. sprayer as his main weapon.

And Erik does bring up a good point, if your company is stocked with $200 single jet wands, this might not be the tool for you. What He needs now is a little video footage of one of those 12" single jet wands side by side next to a zipper, and show a good 90 seconds of how it's done, then a quick reference to how dry the carpet is with each.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Yes, we did demo it. I had 5 diferent crew leaders try it. Each crew leader has been cleaning for us for betweeen 5 to 20 years. We judged it for ease of operation and overall performance. Not a single crew leader was willing to give up his wand for the Zipper.

As I told Erik at the time we tested it, I thought it would be okay for a low experience cleaner, as it achieved decent results with no real skill needed.

So for us, to spend $3000.00 per truck and have to force I guy to use it didn't make any sense.

Brian

Oh, and Centurion is not much of a competitor.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Not sure what the value of wands has to do with anything. We buy our guys what they want, and what they determine is of productive value, and it rarely has anything to do with price. Do you really think we would cheap out on a few hundred, or even thousand dollars when we spend 10's of thousands every week on machinary, equipment and cleaning solutions?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
T
Brian H said:
Yes, we did demo it. I had 5 diferent crew leaders try it. Each crew leader has been cleaning for us for betweeen 5 to 20 years. We judged it for ease of operation and overall performance. Not a single crew leader was willing to give up his wand for the Zipper.

As I told Erik at the time we tested it, I thought it would be okay for a low experience cleaner, as it achieved decent results with no real skill needed.

So for us, to spend $3000.00 per truck and have to force I guy to use it didn't make any sense.

Brian

Oh, and Centurion is not much of a competitor.

Translation: We are way too cheap to drop thast kind of scratch on a wand.

Ken Snow said:
Not sure what the value of wands has to do with anything. We buy our guys what they want, and what they determine is of productive value, and it rarely has anything to do with price. Do you really think we would cheap out on a few hundred, or even thousand dollars when we spend 10's of thousands every week on machinary, equipment and cleaning solutions?

Translation: Our prespray is weak & we didn't want to give up the agitation of our wand lips to use a glide. Besides, we're already paying workmans compensation.... So, screw their rotator cuff. I mean they have 2 arms...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Wow Jeremy, you know nothing about our company!!!

Why don't you drop in sometime and maybe you can ride with a few of our 20 year plus seniority crew leaders. And they'll tell you all about their experience with rotator cuff problems. And the top 5 guys have had perfect attendance for at least the last 5 years.

Also, the oldest vehicle we have in our fleet is 5 years old. We know the value of good running equipment.

And finally we spent about $750,000 in health care for our employees and their families. So please don't say we don't care about our employees!!!!!

Brian.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Hey Brian.... Note all the smiley faces & learn to take a fuggin' JOKE. I saw a sense of humor on sale at Target last week. Maybe they're still in stock. :wink:

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Sorry Jeremy,

I guess that's why I rarely post on this board. I am usually too busy flogging my employees!

But then I do see that you have posted quite a bit, so business must be good for you!! :-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Interesting, it looks like a cleaning brick.

It's strange looking but it looks like it cleaned well.

Is it designed for mostly commercial or do you see it as a residential tool also?

Because of the carpets pattern it is difficult to see the wow factor that you might see with a single colored carpet.

I went to the site, nice construction, she looks to be built like like a tank.

Brian
Do you feel like your guys didn't like it because it slowed them down?
The weight of the tool?
Or did they just feel it was more effort for similar results?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Brian H said:
But then I do see that you have posted quite a bit, so business must be good for you!! :-)

I may not have your employers volume but I can guarantee my margins are better & I can take as many days off as I want & no one will fire me for it.... Of course, my house may get forclosed on but hey... You can't put a price on independence. Well, I guess you can and then call it your salary. Enjoy your knght rider themed floggings. :shock:

:lol:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mikey P said:
Erik could have sold 40 units if he'd been smart enough to toss 40 fanny packs and one pair of swishy pants into the deal.

Mike,

We'll sell you a Zipper at Distributor's Cost if you promise to send us a video with your Swishy pants & fanny pack on!! :D

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Brian in all seriousness... I'm sure Hagopian is a great place to work... Furthermore, I doubt that Ken would actually dress up like "The Hoff" to flogg anyone. :lol:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Hey I don't do any flogging J, and I haven't worn swishy pants or a fanny pack in years Mikey :-)

And just for the record J, we just sent one of our longtime employees and his family to Disney World for an all expnses paid vacation.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Jeremy, in all seriousness back at you, Hagopian is a GREAT place to work!!

I guess I'll have to read these threads a little more to know when my chain is getting yanked. :-D

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Richard,

I think like anything else, it's what are guys "grew up with". I don't want to knock the Zipper because for some people it may work just fine. I certainly think that it gives a brand new cleaner the ability to clean wide open areas without as much fatigue as a more traditional wand. With our system of employee training, a guy that goes out to clean a job with large open areas has already been cleaning for 3 to 4 years as an assistant, so they are in shape enough to not tire as easily.

The only way you are really going to see if it works for you and/or your employees is to try it yourself. That's what we did! :-)

Brian

Feel free to pm me if anyone else has specific questions.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I guess I'll have to read these threads a little more to know when my chain is getting yanked. :-D
Just don't let Danny pull your chain! :shock:

Sorry Danny! :p

Thanks Brian,
Been there done that, bought Powerglides when they came out, a couple of years ago bought Drimasters.

The machines work great, the guys are too stubborn to change.

They would rather work harder....."Youth"! :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom