Zipper Modification inquiry

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Erik-- during the design process of the Zipper did you ever try a "wire and Lever" type action (similar to a bike brake system) to raise and lower the cleaning head as opposed to the current magnet set-up?

if so maybe you can help with the learning curve and either show how its done or sell this modification kit?

I'm asking because sometime I prefer to clean in one direction without having to drag the head back over the carpet and I don't want to have to walk on the already cleaned carpet to push the handle forward so that the magnet engages the head.

otherwise I might tinker with this idea when I have time.

Name
jack zerkie
I just received my new zipper the spinner zipper. WOW what a major improvement . The original was good but what a improvement. I just cleaned a all white berber installed in 1986 I have only cleaned 3 times prior. Two lovely people in their early 90's the carpet has major railroad tracks. Last time I cleaned I used a 175 and the original zipper and it was okay but hard work. This time just pre treat and the Magic Zipper cleaned like WOW the carpet was white again and I wasn't tired. This zipper is a winner and thank you Eric for a great product . I have before& after photos but don't know how to send them here. I will forward them to Eric and maybe he can send them. jz.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Can The Zipper super spinner be used on all carpets types? I recall that the CX 15 produced swirl marks in some carpets.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John I was a bit concerned about it but have used it on some dense plushes and so far the marks groom right out. I cleaned a home with a lot of wool last week, most of it low level but some of it with a pile. It not only cleaned up great from the extra flushing but the swirl marks still groomed out.

I think its no worse than an RE with swirls. But if there is a concern I'd use the regular Zipper.

Name
jack zerkie
I think the cx 15 is like the tile spinner 1 bar with two jets. Eric zipper has two separate spinners so that 4 jets are spinning in a smaller area. I just received the new zipper and I'm using it all the time. The only bad thing is that this time the carpets are cleaner this time than the time before. jz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom