Zipper Modification

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have the bent handle model to start with. First I had to shorten the black hose to stop sticking out the left side. I unbolted the top blue handle from the chrome tube and drill new alignment holes to angle the 2 inch hose connection at a 45 from original. This mod puts the vac hose next to your right thigh. I was having trouble with both sides of the zipper with knocking things over at retail stores or running the hose down the wall. I will test this tomorow at a large office and report back.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The hose will swivel side to side so I'm not sure why that would be a problem. I have one with and one without the small hose. Either way works for me. The only thing I have thought about changing are the wheels. I like the ones on my rotovac twin head. They easily go over the closet tracks. The zipper will but it's noisy. Pretty solid design. Eric is the master.

Gene

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The hose will swivel side to side so I'm not sure why that would be a problem. I have one with and one without the small hose. Either way works for me. The only thing I have thought about changing are the wheels. I like the ones on my rotovac twin head. They easily go over the closet tracks. The zipper will but it's noisy. Pretty solid design. Eric is the master.

Gene
He has the Ergo handle. The idea is awesome but now the handle won't be able to be switched, from right side to left side. This does give me an idea, to use a 90 degree adapter. Thanks Lyman, I owe you a new T handle tube and adapter.

Last edited:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Gene, I need to send you 5/8" dowel pins. I just saw your old post, That was fixed long ago. Thanks for all the feedback from the board, it helps me to keep improving the product.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Gene, I need to send you 5/8" dowel pins. I just saw your old post, That was fixed long ago. Thanks for all the feedback from the board, it helps me to keep improving the product.
It's ok I made my own. They moved again even after I glued them.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom