Zipper or Zipper Super Spinner

Gordy

I am looking into buying either a zipper or a zipper spinner and would appreciate some input.

I like the idea of a zipper super spinner as from what I have read it cleans more effectively and still leaves the carpet very dry.

I am running a prochem peak 26 hp engine with a Gardner Denver blower T406 - 406cfm.

Would my machine be large enough to power a super spinner?

Are there any other downsides to using the zipper spinner?

Has anyone had problems with crop circles?

Our work is mainly residential, a significant propertion of the homes are empty, so I am not worried about maneuvering around furniture. Some of the trashed rentals we do, have electricity turned off, and I am wondering if a zipper spinner would substitute for a Rotovac 360 in these situations.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I am looking into buying either a zipper or a zipper spinner and would appreciate some input.

I like the idea of a zipper super spinner as from what I have read it cleans more effectively and still leaves the carpet very dry.

I am running a prochem peak 26 hp engine with a Gardner Denver blower T406 - 406cfm.

Our work is mainly residential, a significant propertion of the homes are empty, so I am not worried about maneuvering around furniture. Some of the trashed rentals we do, have electricity turned off, and I am wondering if a zipper spinner would substitute for a Rotovac 360 in these situations.

@Erik can maybe help with this too, but I am not sure if your blower will handle the current Super Spinner.

For the trashed residential it would be great especially for speed.

In homes, you might struggle....(myself and guys are very adapt though around furniture with Zippers)

Crop Circles no because Erik has the jet angles at good angle so not to do this.

I just am not sure about the Prochem peak and it's performance for the Zipper SS Super Spinner Currently.... again @Erik

Reactions: Erik
Name
jack zerkie
Iv'e owned both and either unit is good.I have a Cobb 2045 unit and if you take the time to extract it dries fine. I use it on large rooms and makes it easy. You can clean & dry in both directions . The Zipper is a wand that does more of everything .Once you use it for a while the jobs will be easier.Well worth the investment and no power cord. jz.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If your machine will drive it I'd get the spinner. It kicks on nasty stuff and yet still does a nice job in homes. All patterns have always groomed out with no effort. In fact you'd the circles from the Roto are much harder to remove than the Zipper Spinner.

I never leave home without one! :winky:

Reactions: Erik

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Is a residential setting and padded carpet, I would not want to use the Super Spinner. Mark has more experience with it in a home than I do, as most of my work is commercial.

If you would like to give me a call My number is 734 771-2312. Maybe I can help you decide what tool will fit you the best.

Thanks!

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
If your machine will drive it I'd get the spinner. It kicks on nasty stuff and yet still does a nice job in homes. All patterns have always groomed out with no effort. In fact you'd the circles from the Roto are much harder to remove than the Zipper Spinner.

I never leave home without one! :winky:

I learned a few things this past week when a costumer visited my shop and from a lot of feedback. The more the spinners break in the less pressure it takes to spin them.

New units need at least 750 psi. to get them up to a decent speed and at 500psi. they would hardly move. On the unit I use and is broke in was getting the same action at 500 psi. as the new unit at 700.

Reactions: hogjowl

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Get a 15 crb or at least the 10inch, wands are wands they squirt and suck.

I wish Mike would've busted a 360i on this

IMG_1392.JPG

Reg with his crb made this rug look better then a aero tech and super spinner.

Mark needed to vacuum it first or crb a little longer.

Of course a carpet like this is the exception not the rule.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
What is recommended spec of tm to use the super spinner?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah just looked at the website. 47 blower 1.5gpm 900psi

Gordy

And for those who have not unit's how does the quality of clean with a Rotovac 360 compare to a zipper spinner on the nasty carpets?

Thanks

Name
Nate W.
The amount of water it puts out, you need the recovery... I have a 20hp 4.5 blower and use the SS when it's needed... I do use 2.5" hose all the way to a 7' whip hose of 2"... It does help on the recovery with a smaller unit... I wouldn't run a SS with a 4.5 blower and only use 2" hose...

With my setup, the "bite" of the SS on the carpet is more than my regular 13" Zipper... I do prefer the 15" as the 2" more does make for faster cleaning... I'm an avid Rotary Extractor user, as in using Power Heads instead of the wand to clean carpets... I choose my Zipper on Commercial and 360i in residential... The Zipper does work in a residential but I'm an avid RE user...

The beauty of the Zipper is you can "walk" it on the job meaning you can do a 5'-100' pass if you wanted too... The head is at a fixed height that even a helper can't mess up unlike the wand where you have to hold it at a certain height to maintain extraction...

I'm sure a SS would work fine in a home with no power, it would dig some crap out of the carpet... A 360i is best known for it's ability to dig crap out and agitation... If the homes you clean are on the moderately soiled side and not nasty, a Zipper would work fine... A Zipper does leave the carpet drier than wand and 360i...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
And for those who have not unit's how does the quality of clean with a Rotovac 360 compare to a zipper spinner on the nasty carpets?

Thanks
Each tool has its place.

360i with Brush head or even XL with brush head are direct fiber agitation and sometimes a CRB can be of benefit with any Zipper... But a Zipper is quicker than any other tool out there and even with CRB agitation and Zipper we can still be quicker than RE by quite a bit.

I carry both Zipper units and also a Rotovac.

My style of cleaning or what I run into for trashed carpets I tend to not RE as often but there are definitely days I need the Rotovac.

Kind of a like a golf game and selecting the correct club for the best shot at the moment

Reactions: SamIam

Able 1

Name
Keith

I have a regular Zipper, and I have used it with my Peak and 2.5 hose, it worked great.. I think the 3cp pump may be lacking for the SS.

I love my Peak!! The only down side is the exhaust manifold.. Not sure why this hasn't been fixed yet!?

PS. your engine is a 24 horse.. BUT you can run 600' of hose off of it!:eekk::lol: The most I have ran was 450' (200' of 2.5)of hose and it still beats the hell out of using a porty!!:winky:

Gordy

Thank you for your input everyone

Keith I have just clocked my prochem peak, only 0.3 hours on the meter now. have had it for 13 years and it has been a very reliable machine.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom