ZZZzBest Carpet Cleaning history

FredC

Village Idiot
(almost) Brilliant really when you consider when it began in his life....................and how close he really was to being "legit: before the cards fell

Last edited:
Reactions: truckmount girl

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Sounds like the new movie out The Wolf of Wall Street.

$100 million in 1987 was an absurd amount of money.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
He also bought a flower shop and over 1 weekend, before the collapse ran about 80 to 90k worth of false charges to fool auditors.

My father in law was a banker and wouldn't loan him money.

He would always ask what do you think? I would say I know what we make and there's no way he's making the numbers He suggest.

His latest episode was to talk down a stock then when it fell bought a ton of it.

possible more jail time for the pastor???

I pray He would turn from greed and live life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Mikey P

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I remember this story.

What I don't understand is how he "burned six California banks" and none of them conveyed that info to auditors

or investigators.

All the restorers in that area knew his restoration deals were bogus.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
Sam, did they ever run truckmounts?

I don't think they did.

Zzz, A1 and Miller's were all in competition in Southern California when I first got into this racket

Reactions: SCC

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Yes, unfortunately, Mr Minkow is now convicted of "fleecing his flock."

I remember as a very young buck going into my dad's office at the height of ZZZZ Best. I had been reading a story in the Wall Street Journal about how wonderful Barry Minkow was doing with his carpet cleaning company. No, I was no sophisticated enough to read the WSJ on daily basis (although I am sure Yeadon was) - my sophisticated old college roommate told me abut it.

I told my dad we needed to get in contact with this guys company and try to sell them some equipment. I read him some of the "numbers" Minkow was claiming to do in carpet cleaning business. My dad told me to sit down in the chair across from his desk. He said "son (he only called me that when I was about to be taken out behind the proverbial verbal woodshed), I love this industry more than anything else I have ever done. It provides any entrepreneur who wants to work hard the chance to make a great living and build a successful company. But you know what, there isn't that much money in this business. Something fishy is going on there, and we ain't gonna be there when the rotten fish start stinking."

About two months later he SEC started investigating Mr. Minkow. As usual, my dad turned out to be spot on correct.

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Sophistication was never a descriptive term for me, then or now. I must admit Ralph did know a good barbecue place.

Yes, unfortunately, Mr Minkow is now convicted of "fleecing his flock."

I remember as a very young buck going into my dad's office at the height of ZZZZ Best. I had been reading a story in the Wall Street Journal about how wonderful Barry Minkow was doing with his carpet cleaning company. No, I was no sophisticated enough to read the WSJ on daily basis (although I am sure Yeadon was) - my sophisticated old college roommate told me abut it.

I told my dad we needed to get in contact with this guys company and try to sell them some equipment. I read him some of the "numbers" Minkow was claiming to do in carpet cleaning business. My dad told me to sit down in the chair across from his desk. He said "son (he only called me that when I was about to be taken out behind the proverbial verbal woodshed), I love this industry more than anything else I have ever done. It provides any entrepreneur who wants to work hard the chance to make a great living and build a successful company. But you know what, there isn't that much money in this business. Something fishy is going on there, and we ain't gonna be there when the rotten fish start stinking."

About two months later he SEC started investigating Mr. Minkow. As usual, my dad turned out to be spot on correct.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I read a biography Minkow wrote while he was serving time. Pretty good book. Then I also read a book that someone else close to his operation wrote. It was so long ago I can't remember the names of the books. I'm sure you can google it. They both were pretty good reads. One of the books had a picture of his swimming pool behind his mansion that actually had the Z best logo on the bottom of the deep end!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Thanks for posting that video because I didn't know all the details about this story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom