Carpet cleaning emulsifiers

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Minus the advertising plugs, could I get some input on emulsifier chems that are being used in this crowd? I have been using high heat, have used dry slurry, kinda corroded some fittings. Other than those two, would be interested in knowing what is being used from those on this forum. Thanks.

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Are you cleaning with a truckmount or portable?

Are you pre-spraying just the traffic areas or the whole house?

Good question Mike.

I pre spray all areas. Depending on Soiling, will determine which prespray product we use. (Soils and oils and grease eraser) Usually switch to the emulsifier when cleaning heavy soiled carpet. Rentals, restaurants, ect.

I have TNT units in both our vans.

Mikey P

Administrator
So rather than go with a higher ph prespray with an added Citra booster, you switch to an emulsifier?

or do you do both?....

I would worry about chem overload if so..

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Just switch to the alkaline extraction product. I rarely add delime as booster. I do use some H2O2 when needed. But that serves another purpose. I don't like, as you say, compiling chems to get results. I would rather, work with chems in complements than just bombing flooring. I really don't want to jump to 11.5 extraction on top of a 9 pH pre spray or even 10.5.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would rather, work with chems in complements than just bombing flooring. I really don't want to jump to 11.5 extraction on top of a 9 pH pre spray or even 10.5.
I agree. Unless all you clean are "pits" then nuking everything seems un necessary.

But the majority of what we clean other than commercial is clean carpet that the client wants "cleaner".

Name
Marcus
I do use ph extraction on resturants along with preps ray......
On rentals you might tone down the ph extraction to more of a straifght water rinse...
Or sometimes I will go back and use an acid rinse on rentals to extract some of the
High ph...only on the heavy areas.....easy to do with a zipper

Cap

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I've used the zipper. Good tool. Far from sold. I great tool for a hand full of cleaning scenarios. Nice advertising plug.

steve_64

Ive started using clean free recently and really like the results ive been getting.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Genie Care Delux Superclean is the cats azz......less residue than anything i've tried.......plus it'll knock down trees........Get it from Tom @ Modernistic Troy Mi ...
don say i didn't tell you!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
According to a recent article I read testing products on wool rugs, using a high pH buffered prespray even with an acid rinse, the carpet is still left with a high pH final result. On the other hand, using a high pH Unbuffered pre spray followed by an acid rinse, the carpet pH will effectively be lowered to a safe level for wool.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
According to a recent article I read testing products on wool rugs, using a high pH buffered prespray even with an acid rinse, the carpet is still left with a high pH final result. On the other hand, using a high pH Unbuffered pre spray followed by an acid rinse, the carpet pH will effectively be lowered to a safe level for wool.

Thank you Loren.

This is not adequately addressed in most training formats today. Jim Smith is one of leading proponents of understanding buffering and total alkalinity in the training field.

"The numbers" just do not tell the whole story.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I agree. Unless all you clean are "pits" then nuking everything seems un necessary.

But the majority of what we clean other than commercial is clean carpet that the client wants "cleaner".

So ultra pac and slurry were'nt your go to 1, 2 punch 6 months ago???? When did you drop the slurry?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I use liquid Formula 90, or Liquid Slurry, depending on where I am when I buy.

Used to be a big proponent of powders due to the lower shipping costs, but the powders don't mix and they screw up that delicate flower called the Dwyer meter.

I used liquid 90 for years never had brass problems or clogging issues. I have seen more problems with dry slurry, and all the green cleaners that eat brass. I use last step, fresh water rinse, and a detergent rinse when necessary. It all depends on the situation. I do like rinsing with procyon plus also.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've always run some type of a detergent rinse simply because it is impossible to prespray everywhere.

Unless you don't mind spraying clothes in closets or furniture and such.

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Nate W.
if you are paying for a powder that don mix......
you're buyin the wrong powder............

Hotelscom_ObviousChoice_CaptainObvousFullBody.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom