Carpet cleaning emulsifiers

Bucey

Name
FFA?
So, I have decided to give procyon a try as my last step rinse. I bought a case so I could give a fair trial. This is the one place I have never settled in any one product since I started cleaning. These dang last step products hardly impress.

Why??? Is it because it's all a waste and I should just use h2o?

Name
Ivan Day
I marty and Spud,

I happen to love Extreme! or our powder as a pre-spray and many people like our products as a rinse. I say if you have a last step chemical injection system and want to use a little Procyon to convert hard water to soft water then go for it! The powder dissolves well in your pre-spray tank. I know that we are far from perfect. There will always be unhappy people and there will always be happy people using our products. It is better than the alternative! You need to choose what is right for you Procyon because it is soap free or detergents and the problems that come with using detergents. Are you cleaning for health or are you cleaning with detergents because you like the high pH. You will always end up with that soapy sticky residue that you know you can not rinse out of your carpet. What are your trade off's? Make a list about what is important to you! Protecting you and your customers, there kids and pets,or maybe the environment they live in.

Cancer is a big issue with me, carcinogenic is in our industry's cleaning products. I can not be a part of any poisons or toxins. It is ok with me if you do not use Procyon and you do not like it, but we think of your health, your customers health and your customers environment that they live in. Procyon is a great alternative in today's cleaning technology. Where were you over 30 years ago when I introduced Soap Free Procyon in to this industry. This product line has done a lot of wonderful things in helping to support people who need help. People may try it in there rinse and like it or not, "but it should be about choices in what you want to offer in the way of services to your customers. You can offer your customers poison or a healthier safer choice to a cleaner carpet. I would like to see everyone who uses Procyon and we would be healthier safer and we could save a life from toxic carpet cleaners. Just drink some of your carpet cleaning products and go to sleep and see if you get up in the morning. Procyon is a great pre spray. Thanks Marty for the truth about Procyon being a good pre spray and I prefer to do a fresh water rinse as well.

I hope that you care about life, your customers life and the ones they care about the most.

Thank you for your comments and I look forward to more chats,

Ivan

PS: if you are going to be in Vegas on the 9,10 & the 11th I will be teaching a powerful class at the Experance and I would love to meet you all.

Thank you all for the years of great support,

Ivan

Reactions: Mikey P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I use Procyon powder as a rinse and I am very happy with it. I find it to work much better then a fresh water rinse.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Offer,

Thank you for your support
Ivan

No need to be so generous, one F will do, Ivan.
You're welcome.

41127.jpg

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
So, I have decided to give procyon a try as my last step rinse. I bought a case so I could give a fair trial. This is the one place I have never settled in any one product since I started cleaning. These dang last step products hardly impress.

Why??? Is it because it's all a waste and I should just use h2o?
Bingo. It's all a bunch of crap and you should use FWR. Especially since, as you mentioned, you prespray with Grease Eraser, which is made for FWR. People will jump in and ask,"what about under furniture where you didn't prespray?"
That is what the trigger sprayer in your pocket is for; you quickly mist on some spotter in those needed areas and whammoblammo. Why fill a room with unneeded cleaning chemical after spraying with cleaning chemical?

Reactions: Able 1
Name
Marcus
I use a pump sprayer pure spray over the whole house....
Then go back and rewet with wand spray or hydro force on heavy areas....
Rinse with an emulsifier or straight water....
On the heavy areas I will go back and rinse with an acid.....to remove any soap residue.
This last step doesn't take that long......and not much extra labor since I use a zipper.

Cap

Willy P

Name
Willy P
So rather than go with a higher ph prespray with an added Citra booster, you switch to an emulsifier?

or do you do both?....

I would worry about chem overload if so..

Hmmmmmm- 2 ounces of powder per, say 10 gallons , cleans say 150 sf. Recover 80% - now it's a powder, so surely some of it will end up in the vacuum bag. How much residue for how much more cleaning?
To prove a point- just emulsifier, no prespray:

DSCF0046.jpg

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Procyon plus is a good rinse and prespray.

Probably best on mild to moderate condition's for people who want green cleaning and are hypo allergenic. For a 6.5 lbs jar its like $35.00 and it works.

Cobbs adds fragrance to his green product, something a fragrant intolerant person would freak on. Trashed green and magic potion also good green products have a strong smell.

Not that I get alot of hypo allergenic customers, when I do I like that I have a solid product that works.

The carbonated solutions stuff works to, just seams less economical pound for pound. especially if your pre spraying only and fwr.

Reactions: Willy P

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The difference is that they call their products "Green", yet carry no certificate. So one has to take their word for it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Dedicated to R. Chavez and his gullibles:

"They all were there in beauty so bright,
Arrayed in their very best bib and tucker:
Mr. Barnum provided for each one’s needs,
And gave needed succor to each little sucker."

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom