Sapphire heat issue - split from 860 thread

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I completely agree Able that it needs to be taken care of but if Doug's so busy he cant go get it looked at then he's gonna have to listen and try something. He told me he has no heat I told him how to get it to heat.

I'm not sapphire I dont care either way, Able if you have a fuel fired heater and it goes out you have to get it repaired or replaced.

Take the two hoses off the bimba manually pull the shaft out it cant reclose and you'll get smoking water until you can get it fixed,

The shaft is easily moved manually to turn it on or off. I agree the mac valve shouldnt fail but I'm sure its under warranty.

If it is the mac valve Dougs gonna need to take it in to get it replaced. If Doug cant move the heat bypass shaft at all and its stuck the breaker would pop and and bimba would have to be taken apart and cleaned.

alot of these problems stem from the machine not shutting off and water going thru the blower.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lots of problems for a brand new truck mount! Not sure why he should even have to know wtf a bimbo or Mac valve is.. Looks like SS is looking for custy's to do there work. I think they should fly someone out and fix it, NOW! Completely ridiculous!

Sounds like one problem kinda like the same I had hopefully Dougs disty is better then where I bought mine.

kevinm

Doug, don't know if you have the problem figured out yet or not, I have to agree with Sam, anything that has failed should be covered. Check the 2 vacuum hoses that are connected to the Bimba cylinder, 1 could just be loose, not connected well enough to move it into heat mode. If it was working and then just stopped it is either the vacuum line or a connection, easly fixed if we know where to look.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I would add one last thing before you get the Mac valve replaced, open the cool water Heat exchange bypass if you do manually put it in heat position by removing vacuum tubes to bimba.

Sapphirerick

Name
Rick Aranda
Correct. I was thinking the Mac valve was the potential problem. Problem is, I called SS twice ( Customer Service and Rick Aranda) and didn't receive a response either time. It's
like I'm still dealing with my old machine. Not impressed at all with my distributor OR Sapphire Scientific.
Sorry about that Doug. Call me directly on my cell phone. 360-770-1428. We will get it figured out!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I had an issue with my diverter ram not doing its thing and it took me all of about 60 seconds to figure out how to keep it in heat mode. Then sapphire gave me a short talk on how to fix it. Not a single issue since and honestly it wasnt even that big of a deal. I think if you expect a machine to not ever have a loose bolt, or parts fail from time to time, you will be dissappointed

Reactions: Sapphirerick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom