1100 sq ft color seal job

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Really popped the grout lines but dang You guys weren't kidding hands and knees for 5 hours straight.

It doesn't look so great going on but when it dries its awesome.

2 jobs today 1st 3 rooms hall steps $150 2nd grout seal 3 rooms clean and seal $900.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Looks Great!

Agree, colorseal pretty much sucks. Can't imagine doing that all day everyday, we cut back significantly after our first tech quit for greener pastures.
The numbers are good but you feel it the next day for sure.

Reactions: Scott Rogers

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya but the the grout perfect is easier to clean than regular grout. They wanted the contrast and chose it.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You did 1100sqft for $900 bucks? Man I wish you guys were out here, I'd sub you out! (and buy you a few GP knee rollers).

I stopped doing it myself, just clean/clear seal w/ the grout wand.

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
18 inch tile repeat customer 1st grout perfect job I ever did. I will be getting a min $1.00 a foot from now on, but I did this one for .75 a sq foot and it really only took about $35.00 worth of product.

I charge .50 a sq foot for cleaning. .25 to 50 for regular sealer.

Name
Bruce
Nothing wrong with that Sam, you gained some experience on the first job and they paid you for doing it. I've done two granite counter top jobs for free just for the practice.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
18 inch tile repeat customer 1st grout perfect job I ever did. I will be getting a min $1.00 a foot from now on, but I did this one for .75 a sq foot and it really only took about $35.00 worth of product.

I charge .50 a sq foot for cleaning. .25 to 50 for regular sealer.

Something we have to test over the long term, we found volume dropped off too much at $2 ft but $1ft was not worth it. Settled in the middle $1.50 range.
Depending on size and job specs of course.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
You did 1100sqft for $900 bucks? Man I wish you guys were out here, I'd sub you out! (and buy you a few GP knee rollers).

I stopped doing it myself, just clean/clear seal w/ the grout wand.

GP knee rollers seem a little expensive.
What makes them better than these? I bought one of these for my son to seal grout on a dentist office we do. I only used them for a couple of minutes just to show him what to do. They seemed to work fine.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=rolling+knee+pads

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
GP knee rollers seem a little expensive.
What makes them better than these? I bought one of these for my son to seal grout on a dentist office we do. I only used them for a couple of minutes just to show him what to do. They seemed to work fine.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=rolling+knee+pads

A couple minutes is fine, if it holds up for a month on regular use than it's good.

I don't usually buy from harborfreight, most of the things I've purchased in the past didn't hold up as good.

$100 is not that expensive.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Something we have to test over the long term, we found volume dropped off too much at $2 ft but $1ft was not worth it. Settled in the middle $1.50 range.
Depending on size and job specs of course.

I agree, we're in the $1.50-$3.00 range.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We like these, they just clip on to your pants. If you wear knee pads for extended length of time it hurts almost as bad behind your knees as it would without wearing pads. That elastic really cuts into you. These clip on and wont do that, only problem is if you wear shorts you're screwed.

http://dextermeadows.com/order.php

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya the knee pads I had had the strap all the way around all most went to harbor freight and got their roller to try.

but the knee pads hurt after awhile.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Also whats the best way for the customer to maintain the floor after color sealing????

tmiklethun

Name
Travis Miklethun
I just increased my color sealing charge to $1.50 - $1.75 plus $.60 to acid clean for prep. When I charged less I found I was actually making less profit then clear sealing and with less repeat business. Color sealing doesn't need to be redone for at least 5 years instead of 18 to 24 months for clear sealer. I show the client how the color sealer is cheaper over 5 years, but if they don't like the price I bring them back to doing a clear sealing. Give the client the investment and benefits and let them choose which one works best for their needs.

I won't color sealer for less profit then clear sealing, to much labor and to hard on the body to not make a decent profit.

Back
Top Bottom