150 ft of Greenies hose on 97 Butler (with 50 feet of 2.5)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I have run 175 feet of 2 inch hose on my butler reels everyday. This includes also on a 210 waste tank. I was worried about losing what I had on the reel before and having to carry so much in the back.

I just received my new hose from Greenie today(nice hose by the way).
I started out putting the 2.5 inch on the reel first, followed by 2 sections of 50 foot 2 inch (100 more feet). Went on just fine, so knowing that I would only typically use 75-100 feet on most runs, I put the 2 inch on first (you could actually still make the hose reel live by the way) followed by the 2.5 inch and another 50 foot section of 2 inch. Pictures will follow but I think I could actually get another 15 -25 feet on the reel yet as well.

I was very worried when I purchased about loosing hose storage, but took the chance to order anyway. I am very pleased with the set up and will actually go cleaning tomorrow with it. I will keep everyone posted as to my thoughts.

Mark Saiger
Saiger's Steam Clean, LLC
Grand Rapids, MN
218-326-4736 home office
218-259-9099 cell
msags@mchsi.com

Greenie

Here ya go Mark. Plus a few more Butler reel pics from other guys.

IMG_0653.jpg

25JBbutler.jpg

25jbbutler2.jpg

25B3.jpg

25B4.jpg

25B2.jpg

25B.jpg

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
I have been wondering this for a few days.

If you notice in the first picture.

The metal support areas.That goes from the left to the right side of the reel supports.

Should be able to be removed(cut off),with the reel still having plenty of support.Since the left an right legs are the only bolted in areas.

At that point you should be able to add possible 100 feet more...

Beautiful setup.But in my Fords case there is no area at the floor area for metal connector,nor door area.Unless I attached to top of the bottom metal support area on the vac reel itself.Or possible upside down on a roof support.

Mark ,Now you go 2 inch of live real to 2.5? I attempted that but it made my kool cuff swivel pop off.I could attempt with the latch version?

Has any one literally removed the reel barb and put in a 2.5 there?

wired

The trouble is that your waste tank and garden hose gets in the way from putting any more hose on that reel. I have tried . When putting hose on reel I run 80FT of two and half and fifty feet of 2inch That is all I can put on .

Greenie

Buddy of mine had the garden hose reel in that spot, I hated it when I borrowed his Butler, I have to find another spot for it, or just hand coil and deal with it.

130' ain't bad with that much 2.5 considering that would cover 95% of the jobs I did.

What if you just removed the garden hose reel, would that help?
I would think hitting the waste tank is pretty much the limit.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I think the picture is not showing the true distance from each hose reel. There is about 3 feet or more between the reels from the opening of the door to the reel. I have no problem with it's location or hoses getting in each others way.

Mark Saiger

wired

I thought about taking off garden hose reel but the waste tank was in my way. can not do anything with that. As Greenie said 130ft is max and that is fine with 95% of jobs I have. I have another 50 ft in back where the fresh water is on there hooks.

wired

I thought about taking off garden hose reel but the waste tank was in my way. can not do anything with that. As Greenie said 130ft is max and that is fine with 95% of jobs I have. I have another 50 ft in back where the fresh water is on there hooks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom