17" of vacuum

G

Rex , I tried a combination of 3 to 3

3 to 2.5 , 2.5 to 3 and taking a 3 inlet outlet to 2.5 in to 2.5 out

I got the same results. I did not try 3 to 2. I guess I can try it this weekend and let ya know.

G

Rex I tried it with 3 different gages got the same results . let me clarify something. from the blower to the waste tank it was 3 in from blower to tank the distance was 6 to 10 inches of vacuum suction line used between the blower and the waste tank.

G

Rex the first time we connected to a 2 inch hose hose barb both sides.

When I got home to my shop. I drilled 3 holes ihn my wand and welded 3 1/4 inch ss couplers to my wand . one at the wand head ,second halfway up the wand ,third just above the bend on the wand. I then hooked a vacuum gage to each one.

That is how I got what I got.

Rex Tyus

I tried a combination of 3 to 3

3 to 2.5 , 2.5 to 3 and taking a 3 inlet outlet to 2.5 in to 2.5 out
Then

let me clarify something. from the blower to the waste tank it was 3 in from blower to tank the distance was 6 to 10 inches of vacuum suction line used between the blower and the waste tank.

Sorry to sound so stupid but I am :? I understand 3" plumbing for 6" to 10" from blower to waste tank but the first quote has me baffled.

G

when I said 3 to 3 meaning 3 inches in from the waste tank to 3 inches out thru the blower silencer. That is in plumbing . as for airflow , if you are getting the same reading on this you will most likely get the same on air flow. Trust me I was dumbfounded. when I saw this.

G

The varineces were on intake and outlet side . thats what I meant by 3 to 3 meaning 3inches in to the blower 3 inches out of the blower.

3 by 2.5 meant 3 inches in from blower and 2.5 inches out.

2.5 by 3 meant 2.5 inches in and 3 inches out

2.5 by 2.5 meant 2.5 inches in and 2.5 inches out

G

Odin what would be the proper gage? And this is not a piissing match. PArt of the problem is my inability to explain, it correctly.

Rex Tyus

When I got home to my shop. I drilled 3 holes ihn my wand and welded 3 1/4 inch ss couplers to my wand . one at the wand head ,second halfway up the wand ,third just above the bend on the wand. I then hooked a vacuum gage to each one.

That is how I got what I got.

You tapped a 2" wand and a 1.5"?

Did you take lift readings with the wand off the floor as well?

Did you time the lift increase with a stop watch upon contact with the floor? (This would be an indication of airflow as well as lift).

I can see where a significant difference might not be noticed on a 100 ft hose run with 2.5" plumbing. The lift drop wouldn't show up until near the end of hose run expectancy for the 47. Say 200 to 250ft. If you ever test that I would be curious of your findings.

And after all of that do I understand that the biggest concern of yours with the Bayco /kunkle is the cost of it?

Rex Tyus

most of you guys don't even have the proper lift gage to even tell what it really is.

just turned into another pissing match

The actual lift is irrelevant ODIN. It is the variations that matter.

No one is pissing.

This is called exchange of opinions an ideas.

If that is not good enough for ya there is always the SCROLL option for you. :shock:

G

Rex do me a favor . Please call me so I can talk to you. My fingers hurt and my brain goes to fast for my hands to keep up. I then will take notes for my next test on saturday. 940-642-2503

17'' ok for a short time

if you need 17'' to get a fast preheat. you will be ok. most blowres have a outlet temp of 275 degrees at 15'' of vacuum. at 17'' the temp will go up to about 300 to 350 degrees. at this temp the grease will get thin. and the bearings will go out. i think if the 17''of vacuum will preheat faster . then all you have to do is grease the blower once a week. les

hogjowl

Idiot™
TCS has been experimenting with adding kunkle valves to their units and concluded that they made minimal improvement to the system. Got that from Mike just yesterday.

Greenie

There are more ways to screw this stuff up than to get it right.

All you have to do is look at who sends out units with 1.5" wands and 25' lead hoses of 1.5'.

get that part right and I'll listen to other input.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Didn't read all posts...

I saw the mention of a Kunkle (sp?) valve. The only thing I know about those is, there was a guy bragging about his dry times after installing a kunkle valve in his CDS, then his entire van burnt down while he was in the middle of a job last August. (To the defense of the Kunkle valve, his van was always messy with hamburger wrappers etc.) That is enough to scare me away from tweaking my machine without asking a professional though...

G

Yep and there are a lot of ways to make smoke and mirrors . Have a guru tell ya things need to be replaced ,when they are perfectly fine..

Any one need any bearings.

Bob Foster

Nick I am going to need a rebuild kit for a Roots 47
bb15c85d.jpg

Can you please let me know.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom