2.5 hose, going back

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
...when you run a single factory 2" hose, you are actually sucking through a 1.75" ID plastic barb...

So who'se for using connectors that have the same or larger inside diameter as the hose? Seems like the simplest and cheapest performance upgrade.

Greenie

Bigger is always better, hence why so many use coolcuffs.

...to be perfectly fair there is a big difference in overall restriction between necking down 2.500" to 2.400" and necking down 2" to 1.750"

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
So far for the week in below zero temps, the cool cuffs have been holding up. I still have all the Greenie Thin Wall connectors on the truck just in case. I am finding the 2.5 inch is reeling up ok with just a 20 ft 2 inch line on the reel first. I am reeling in 50 ft of 2.5 connected to 50 ft of 2 inch each day. Temps are suppose to keep kicking our butts so I will let everyone know how the cool cuffs and the new set up with less hose on the reel works.

Mark

Hey Mark, You are not running the reel live right? Coming off the filter box with your 2.5 in back of truck I would think. Leaving 20 foot 2 inch starter hose for what. Just to roll up the hose? I know you are alot more technical with the mounts then me. Keep letting me know of your results?The purpose of this thread was to tell everyone all truckmounts do not need 2.5 hose. Some will benefit I am sure. The Butler truckmount is an awsome mount. Did you ever see how the rpms of the unit drop to an idle on mach 1 when not in use. Its like less gas, less wear an tear on everything . No need to run this at full bore for residential.For my restaurants mach 2 all the time. Just experiencing some of the beauty of the butler. If I had an older underperforming mount, yes 2.5 is the ticket. Also I think I talked with Greg at butler back in may of 08. He said he will have a conversion kit ready by june/july of 08 to get the reel to a live 2.5. I did not think I needed live 2.5 for that small reel. For me right now 2.5 is on the shelf. PS(I still love you Greenie, you are the best friend a carpet cleaner could have) Ron

Greenie

It's winter, and you are an old fart, I understand, and you don't really make long hose runs...you'll have the 2.5 back on in the spring.

A few years from now the Butler warranty will be worthless and you will be able to speak frankly without consequence...lol

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hi Ron,

No Live reel for me. I only run the first 20 feet of 2 inch for helping reel in the 2.5 but also as emergency hose if I run out somewhere unexpected. That is cool that Butler might have a conversion kit for 2.5. I would probably only run 100 feet live and unreel each time, but I might actually run more 2.5 on the reel.

The 2.5 is more of a bugger in the winter, but I still use it and run everything at full Mach II and get as much air flow as I can. I also have a rear mounted filter box with Greenies updated plate. Oh my, is that sweet!

I am more tired now that winter has hit, but thankfully, I only have to schedule 3 to 5 jobs a day vs the craziness in the summer.

Mark

wired

I have a 2007 Butler with the bigger blower and high heat. I have all the bells and wh. Ran 8ft of two and half hose from waste tank . I got one 50 ft and one 75 ft two and half on the small reel and a 25 ft 2in lead all on the small electric reel. Yes it can be done. been using it for a year and would never go back. My wand is a greenhorn 2in. I threw away the inch and half hose that butler sent.If i want I can run that 8 ft hose from the side door or the back door. I have had 3 Butlers over the years with no problems. They are a very good TM but like others that own them there services stinks. Maybe just maybe the will wake up and come to the cust. needs.

Greenie

I have a Butler reel in the shop here, I doubt you will see a 2.5 live conversion any time in the near future, if anything you will probably be allowed to buy a 2.5 reel brand new at a premium from Butler....but it's still a small reel, most that request such a thing ask me for a larger capacity reel, they would like 125' of 2.5 and a 50' lead of 2" to fit on the reel.

TimP

I used to think butlers were good machines and a good company. But the longer I read on these boards I'm finding that I'd never buy a new butler. There is no room in them.....and who wants to fight a tiny hose reel. They have done a few things right but when it comes to jumping through hoops for your customers.....they fall flat on their face.

You got to be joking me. Butler is the top manufacturer in this industry Tim, bar none. There service has always been incredible for me. Please do not get the wrong idea with any of these posts. I am sorry I brought some of these issues up. Ron

TimP

I'm sure the machine is quality.

The problem I keep seeing and hearing over and over is that they don't want to impliment any changes. A larger hose reel is a simple thing to change but they keep refusing. Better plumbing....better lay out of shelves and racks. They just wont do it. I think they are a stuborn company and if they don't give their customers what they are asking for is going to have trouble. Plus they are way too picky with their warranty.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Jim, They are both 2007 UD's, I had one small problem with some bad fuel lines. UD send a tow truck, picked them up and towed them to the nearest dealer, no charge. You can't get much better service than that. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom