2.5 vacuum hose, hype or hip?

2.5 yea or neigh?

• yes, love it, no going back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
I see a couple of sissies who don't want to deal with the extra weight or stiffness that will lie to them selves about it's effectiveness.

Is the slight bit of hassle worth the better cleaning to you?

Chads

Supportive Member
For me it has helped alot with my pee size truckmount took all that restrition out and and has made my dry times alot better.

Chads

Supportive Member
Now for glides I like them but dont use them on every job, I dont vac on all jobs, mainly apts.
And I dont use them on commercial restuarants becuase I'm not going to 175 just so I can use the glide, they always need the aggitaion you get in a bare wand. I also have not noticed any better drying times either, could be just my little machine, but they do save the back thats for sure. JMO

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I'm a wuz. It's all the way in back of the reel. It became too much of a pain when the runs were longer then 100'. Still y from the mount to the 2 2" waste tank ports though. .

Albert

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I'm in the first group. Never going back.

It helped me retain my Legend while dealing with my 'needing big toys to compensate for a small ....' dilema

If I leave the door closed so no one sees the machine, they think I've got another Genesis just from the sounds of the wand screaming :D

John

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Chads said:
Now for glides I like them but dont use them on every job, I dont vac on all jobs, mainly apts.
And I dont use them on commercial restuarants becuase I'm not going to 175 just so I can use the glide, they always need the aggitaion you get in a bare wand. I also have not noticed any better drying times either, could be just my little machine, but they do save the back thats for sure. JMO

holy shit are you serious????

I cant even move my wand with out the glide...

why do you need to use the 175 in a resty??? freakin put the glide on crank the heat and the pressure..

what psi you run anyway??

When I first bought my new butler. The performance was not there. I bought all options. They gave me the truck with a 1.5 wand, and a 25 foot 1.5 whip hose. I left servicemaster to open my own company in 07. Servicemaster in Pgh bought two brand new vortex's from shawn. I used these trucks for 6 months. After using the vortex's I was totally disappointed with the performance of vac system on the butler, compared to the vortex. I now totally understand the specs on blower sizes. I am not a gearhead. Anyways I wanted to jump off a bridge. Here I was with a truckmount that did not live up to everything I wanted with dry times. Because of the 2.5 hose on my little 47, It improved this truckmount a great deal. I am happy with 2.5 hose. But it is a pain to run it with a 3500 regular gmc van. No room for anything, Everytime I open a door something falls out. But most importantly a pain to run it with the small electric reel on the butler. I am indebted to greenglides for helping me. Ron

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
2.5 hoses on both of my Butlers. Even throw in an extra 100 feet of 2.5 for each van when I know I have a longer run. Was using 2.5 on our commercial job in a mall last night. It is bit bulky, but worth the extra effort to get things cleaner and dry. It has helped to make us a preferred cleaner in our area.

Mark Saiger

Walt

Obvious improved vacuum - run in on almost every job - except some town homes with three flights of stairs. I noticed the biggest difference in vac when using 2.5 with a 25 foot 2.0 whip.

It's a pain, but worth the extra effort.

Anybody running 3.0?

John Watson

Damn, I guess I don't qualify for your poll now do I???

I only got a 10 foot chunk of the 2.5 from my waste tank to the view filter, then 2 inch all the way baby..

Greenie

Jim Nelson said:
Is 2.5 better then 4 to the door on the butler or is it the same....

The airflow is the same, a single 2.5 set up is just less hassle.

ps: Leave it to Chad to split the poll and complicate it with glides....lol
Make a new glide poll and omit 33 blowers.

Hang on Chadders, more suck is in your future.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
runs over 75ft get 2.5"

we made several mods when I bought 50 ft of 2.5.
larger opening pool filter
vac port mounted to waste tank lid
2.5ft vac hose

of the three, I'd have to say the greatest improvement came from mounting the 2.5" Greenie vac port on tank lid

it should be noted, we've run a 2" tubed Ti for the last 5-6(?) years, we've never used a live reel, never used more vac hose than needed, (with in 25ft anyway) never run with a jumbled coiled mess of vac hose piled up outside the door as we work our way out, and dumped the 1.5" whip 18 years ago.

some will see dramatic improvements, others who can figure chit out and have maximized flow with what they had from the get go may not see such dramatic improvements

..L.T.A.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
It seems to me that 2 X 2" with a Y is more convenient and flexible than 2.5. I keep 3, 25' X 2" sections on the end of my reel so I can run double any distance to my 25' 2" whip, without dealing with a too-long 2.5" section.

Greenie

Guys who pull 75' hose runs, will see the least difference, that said, I think i would still prefer to have 100' of 2.5 on the reel and what ever 2" lead lengths I felt comfy with (ie:25' or 50'). That way i can just pull and go.
One hose regardless of diameter is less hassle than 2, day in and day out, 4 jobs a day, 90% of teh 2.5 club started out with 4 to the door in one form or another, they "opted" to dump the 4, and go to a single 2.5 after having experience.

MeAt is right though, correcting defficient tank plumbing makes a big difference, even if you only run 2" hose, cause on a short run, everyones TM sucks good, you don't "need" 2.5, you just need a full unrestricted 2".

The 2.5 earns it's keep at 100+ feet.

I think Albert does a lot of short hose runs, if he's put the big hose to the back.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I began with 3" hose. One length of 50'. Made a huge diff in my performance.
I couldn't put 250ft of 3" on my truck, the hose is just too big. And you wouldn't want to run 3" very far into a house. The couple of times I did it was very awkward.

Now, my new rig is set up with 250ft 2.5" and one 50ft length of 2". There's no going back.

Dolly

Although I have had to adjust to the heavier weight of the bently wand and 2" hose, I would never go back........it makes all the world of difference all the way around.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My TCS unit (which is for sale) is upgraded to a 2.5 set-up and it gave me a tremendous boost in vacuum. I waited to order the upgrade for my V until I could see what I had running a standard 2 inch set-up on a 6008 blower. While the performance is great, in the back of my mind I know it could be better.

So, I'm ordering an upgrade for the V, too.

Mike Draper

I would never go back to 2"!!!! But......................let me tell you this. For those of you in warm weather states ( mikey) It is a royal pain in the ass to roll up 2.5" when it's 10 degrees out and those big cracks in the hose carry more snow into my van than a snowblower. I'ts like rolling up rebar when it's cold! Still, I'll never go back.

Greenie

So that lower 6 guys on the poll must be cold weather types, or chem-dry guys?

I couldn't go back, I would feel like I was cheating the customer.

I wonder if there is a correlation of 2.5 haters and those Not having an elec. reel?

Mike Draper

yes, it would be much easier on my ego if I had an electric reel in a V or an AT. Only another 1 though.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I love it and would never go back! Would be much easier with electric reel but i just pull it like an S in the back of the van that way you only pull 15ft at a time. Haven't dealt with the snow yet but it slower then anyway.

Down side of 2.5 I dump my waste tank more then before! :wink: Also I have to clean my filter basket after every job. (not really a down side to it)

Keith

John Watson

John Middleton said:
Too high to step over John?

Helen said she is getting tried to give me a hand every time
I needed to get over it!!! But as of late the BS is getting pretty high too. Your lucky,
you don't step in it, you just have to watch out for stuff falling off the ceiling....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Ron Werner said:
I began with 3" hose. One length of 50'. Made a huge diff in my performance.
I couldn't put 250ft of 3" on my truck, the hose is just too big. And you wouldn't want to run 3" very far into a house. The couple of times I did it was very awkward.

Now, my new rig is set up with 250ft 2.5" and one 50ft length of 2". There's no going back.

Where do you get 3 inch hose?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom