360i video

Mikey P

Administrator
Next episode will be a CGD that we've encapped at least 2 dozen times that we'll be delousing on Monday night.
NO matter what method we used, the post OP pads always come up jet black in just a few spins.

The plush in this video was LOADED with dry soils. Filled half a grocery sack with hair, dust, sand and cat dander. Home owner was complaining of headaches every AM. We found some gray mold on her head board and under the bed the carpet was filled to the brim with grim..

After explaining the benefits of the 360 SUPER flush they were more than willing to pay an extra $100 for it's use in the 3 bed rooms and hall.

The guys LOVE using this machine. Installs confidence that they can now clean ANY Carpet with ease.
They take more pride in their work and are more concerned with dry times.

Go figure.

click photo for video~
th_ac96b9ac.jpg

but don't listen to me, I'm just here to have fun and poke fun at people..

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What tree is that in the photo ??

Down under they're called a Wayne Kerr Tre.

They have insidious roots that go underground and branch out everywhere.

They appear to be more prevalent in gay suburbs where their bark laps up dog pee with glee.

The nuts of the parent tree are carried over the internet and dropped at random on unsuspecting flora, fauna and homo sapiens alike.

This is when the trouble starts.

Ooroo, & hurry up with the vid;

shiteatinggrin

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool vid. Were you able to use it on the stairs? I noticed it comes with a stair attachment.
Want to see how well that works.

Mike Draper

it does a great job on stairs, I never switch out to the smaller head though, it takes to long.

Mike Draper

I had an RX when I first started and an older RV360. I compared both of the machines side by side to many times to count. The Rv on residential won every time. cleaned better, pulled up more sand , grime and dirt as well as dried the carpet faster. Even if you had to replace the RV every 2-3 years, it shouldn't be a big deal. Its overall cost is at most maybe a $1.00 per job if you use it for 2-3 years. I think if most cleaners averaged out their cost of equipment vs. profit brought in on it they wouldn't be so cheap.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Nate The Great said:
Click on the pic Shorty.... It goes to photobucket

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thanks Nate, I never knew that :oops:

Top job.

Great video.

Thank you for no crappy extre sound effects.

Just good, informative information.

Ooroo,

:|

MerCrewser

Back when I was younger we were running both a high speed and low speed RX20. The low speed always seemed to work better and got used more often. The highspeed had some issues so a direct comparison was never done but I often wonder.....

I've seen some pretty beat up 360s come in to my supplier for repair and it just kinda turned me off. Looked really cheap and not as professional as my 20 yr old RX20. Looks good in Mikey's vid though.

Alexarz

I have owned RX20's since 1990 and the slow speed RX20 was much better than the first high speed RX, which was better than the new HE model. The RX20 is now obsolete because the RV360 blows it away badly. It cleans better, is much lighter, handles better, leaves the carpet drier and so on.

lance

I might be the only one but the water coming up thru the sight tube doesn't look brown, it looks white. So after all the vacuuming, was the carpet very dirty?

Do you do dry passes with the machine? How do the dry times compare against your TI wand?

Lastly, do you think that the "ramp" will ever wear down and make the edges of the slots sharp enough to cause some damage to the carpet? Or will the nylon bulbs keep that from happening?

Thanks for the vid.....keep them coming.....they are great to watch...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
There is always that chance with the lips on any machine...even your wand needs to be looked at.
I had a wand pull up threads because of a notch in the lips.

Hell, my evo wand did it on a regular basis with the crappy glide that came with it.
Everything was better when I put a Green Glide on it.

Mikey P

Administrator
I might be the only one but the water coming up thru the sight tube doesn't look brown, it looks white. So after all the vacuuming, was the carpet very dirty? uh Lance, there is DETERGENT and lots or air in the water, remember?

Do you do dry passes with the machine? How do the dry times compare against your TI wand? because of the clear tube dry passes are mandatory if you have a conscience. Used properly dry times are better than a Ti wand/ 2 dry strokes. If wands in genral had a clear tube you'd get better dry times for the same reason..

Lastly, do you think that the "ramp" will ever wear down and make the edges of the slots sharp enough to cause some damage to the carpet? Or will the nylon bulbs keep that from happening?Only if you make it a daily of cleaning carpet to concrete transition areas...

Thanks for the vid.....keep them coming.....they are great to watch...

TimP

Brian R said:
I'm still waiting for someone to give me a price on the thing.

I'm also starting to get interested......I guess nobody wants to try to sell one. Maybe nobody has inventory?

I think they are running 2200 msrp. I know with my RX-20 I didn't pay near retail. I can't remember the figure but I think it was near 20% off retail. I'm sure a board supplier could do well with a group buy for the board. Say 10 guys buy one it's one price, 20 it's a better price, 30 and so forth.

I've been using my RX more lately and now I'm remembering why I wasn't so extremely impressed with my greenhorn after buying it. I changed over to the greenhorn because I was trying to give the best dry times. And I was tired of lugging the machine in. The greenhorn cleaned very well in most situations. But now that I'm running the RX in the home with 6 flow it's starting to appeal to me again. The carpet pile is lifted and things that you couldn't scrub out with a glide are coming out easily. Anyways I'm starting to get very interested.

Ryan

Does this thing beat scrubbing with a red pad? Cause I have a hard time believing that... I used a RX-20 and wasn't impressed at all.

If it ain't coming up after nuking it and scrubbing the hell out of it with a rotary scrubber then flushing with a high flow wand and 230 degree water it just ain't coming up...

TimP

Ryan said:
Does this thing beat scrubbing with a red pad? Cause I have a hard time believing that... I used a RX-20 and wasn't impressed at all.

If it ain't coming up after nuking it and scrubbing the hell out of it with a rotary scrubber then flushing with a high flow wand and 230 degree water it just ain't coming up...

My question for your statement is where did you test these results. Because what you say probably is true or close to true for cgd carpet in a restaurant setting in particular.

For residential, a pad scrub doesn't get down deep in the yarn it's a topical scrub, not to mention a red pad shouldn't be used in residential. A brush will do better in my opinion, the RX and it appears the rotovac have the ability to get down deep with the metal slots to get the dirt down deep in the pile as well as lift the pile. I don't see a glided wand and a pad doing that in residential myself in trashed or heavy soil conditions. Not to say a wand and a pad don't do a fantastic job. I just think a rx or a rotovac probably does a deeper cleaning into a pile with less effort, not saying less time.

Ryan

TimP said:
Ryan said:

My question for your statement is where did you test these results. Because what you say probably is true or close to true for cgd carpet in a restaurant setting in particular.

For residential, a pad scrub doesn't get down deep in the yarn it's a topical scrub, not to mention a red pad shouldn't be used in residential. A brush will do better in my opinion, the RX and it appears the rotovac have the ability to get down deep with the metal slots to get the dirt down deep in the pile as well as lift the pile. I don't see a glided wand and a pad doing that in residential myself in trashed or heavy soil conditions. Not to say a wand and a pad don't do a fantastic job. I just think a rx or a rotovac probably does a deeper cleaning into a pile with less effort, not saying less time.

I use a carpet brush on thick piles. Yeah it was commercial carpet I compared the two methods on, from everything I had read though the RX-20 is supposed to be great on commercial.

TimP

The rx is really great on cgd. However for greasy carpet a pre scrub might be better to work the detergent below the surface.

Think about it....spray detergent on top. How is it going to get below the surface layer of grease? Answer a scrub to move the grease around and help the detergent penetrate the grease better but without extracting the detergent. So the answer would be a pad scrub would be best in that situation.

TimP

talking about greasy CGD. where you'd be able to have a layer of it to hold your tlc'er

In reg residential you don't have a thick layer so your tlc'er can penetrate the fiber.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Thanks for the video Mikey. There is a lot to like about the 360i.

I am still using my counter rotating Rotovac. It really stirs up the nap. Some advantages is I can use one hand, there is no torque so loose carpet can be easily cleaned. It also works great on steps by grabbing the lower handle and just moving it side to side. It is easy to get up close to walls to attack the wider filtration stains, though it looks like the 360i might work ok. I can adjust the front wheel up or down to fit the pile height and make for easier operation and increased airflow for drying.

My guess is the drying may be better with the 360i because of its new air flow design and 2 inch system. The different motion might be nice at times. Might also be faster cleaning. Probably won't clean better than the original, but likely just as well.

The reason the Rotovac cleans better than a scrub with a wand rinse? Heat! Several passes builds up heat under the dome. The fiber gets hotter and releases tougher soil. Of course the rotary action gets all sides with a liquid brush and agitation, and is always cleaning and extracting instead of just stirring the dirt around.

I can let my rotovac work over a bad area and the carpet fiber feels warm for a while afterward, unlike normal wand cleaning.

A good detergent through the truckmount just aids in cleaning as well. Don't want to leave soil and other contaminants in the carpet. Perfer to leave a minimal flakey residue that won't resoil or can actually help soil resistance.

Alexarz

Those of you who are still using RX20's need to accept the fact that you are using a horribly dated machine. Ever since Hydramaster went to the high speed configuration, it had trouble getting dense carpet clean and was prone to overwetting. When they created the HE RX20, they really blew it. With a cleaning path of about 1.5" with the vac slots half filled in, the machine has become an overweight, underachieving albatross.

The RV360I surpasses the RX20 so immensely that it makes it completely obsolete. I would not pay $500 for a brand new RX20. If you are still using an RX20, you need to haul it to the nearest pond and let it fly. The only possible way to make the machine somewhat usable is to change the head over to the older style 5 jet, full vac configuration and add gliders. However, even by doing so, you have several problems that won't go away; it is too heavy and cumbersome and the motor spins the head too fast to clean well. It's your choice - the pond or modify it and still not have a machine half as good as a RV360i.

Alexarz

Loren, the reason a rotary machine cleans better than a wand is because it provides more cleaning passes. If you move it slowly, the heat stays on the carpet longer so that helps as well.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Those of you who are still using RX20's need to accept the fact that you are using a horribly dated machine. Ever since Hydramaster went to the high speed configuration, it had trouble getting dense carpet clean and was prone to overwetting. When they created the HE RX20, they really blew it. With a cleaning path of about 1.5" with the vac slots half filled in, the machine has become an overweight, underachieving albatross.

The RV360I surpasses the RX20 so immensely that it makes it completely obsolete. I would not pay $500 for a brand new RX20. If you are still using an RX20, you need to haul it to the nearest pond and let it fly. The only possible way to make the machine somewhat usable is to change the head over to the older style 5 jet, full vac configuration and add gliders. However, even by doing so, you have several problems that won't go away; it is too heavy and cumbersome and the motor spins the head too fast to clean well. It's your choice - the pond or modify it and still not have a machine half as good as a RV360i.

I'd love a lighter rx20 but the only time I tried the 360 it seemed like a toy. I think the weight is what gives the rx it's superior cleaning. With that said though I guess the 360i has some new things the 360 did'nt have. I always keep an open mind.

MICKEY, let me know next time you're in SJ, i'd like to take it for a spin if it's alright with you.

Albert

Back
Top Bottom