4 to door or 5?

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
I’ve been running 2.5 connected to 2 all the way to the tool, just curious how many people have tried the two hoses up in two or 2.5 inch? I use a Powermatic with 45 blower.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I took off the 50 feet of 2.5 hose off my truck. Average hose runs were only 100-125 feet with 2 inch hose right up to the wand. In other words was a waste of time.
So quit over thinking it and wasting your time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if hose runs are "normal" (100ft and less) there's not enough practical difference to waste time and effort with 2.5 hose
AND FOR SURE with that 4 to the door board de jour nonsense that Greenie started

.L.T.A.

Name
Jeff T
Only time I run 2.5 X3, is when I’ve got 300’ plus hose runs. I run 2” from zero to 150’, 2.5 for 150’ up to 300, then run dual 2.5 for the first 100’, then single 2.5 up to 250, then 2”..... but then I’ve got a 47 blower running at 3400 RPMS....

Reactions: Jimmy L

jeremy parr

Name
Jeremy Parr
Even at a hundred feet, the 2.5 into two makes a noticeable difference in dry time and suction. As for why, more cfms of course! I’m getting ready to buy a new filter and just wanted to see if it was worth the hassle of running 2 into 1 or just buy one with the single 2.5 opening on the back.

Reactions: kmdineen

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I tried 5 to door and more in 2015....

Butler with 47 blower and high heat...(EDITED TO CORRECT BLOWER SIZE)

It pooched it out...

I figure the hose opening was bigger than the blower.

Lost suction and lost heat.

4 to the door would have maybe been better, but I just stuck with 2.5 to the door mainly (and on super long runs)

2.5 way easier for us and still give performance and quicker set up and tear down

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
P
I’ve been running 2.5 connected to 2 all the way to the tool, just curious how many people have tried the two hoses up in two or 2.5 inch? I use a Powermatic with 45 blower.

Pretty sure your powermatic has a 2.5 inch opening at the blower so anything more then that isn’t going to help!

I run 50 ft if 2.5 then a 50-75 of 2 inch

But I have two 4.8 blowers.

Reactions: jeremy parr

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Adjust that @Mark Saiger you mean 47 blower

Also your probably closer to 2 7/8 opening on your blower like the 405 so going to 5 isn’t doing it any favors!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Even at a hundred feet, the 2.5 into two makes a noticeable difference in dry time and suction. As for why, more cfms of course! I’m getting ready to buy a new filter and just wanted to see if it was worth the hassle of running 2 into 1 or just buy one with the single 2.5 opening on the back.

Dan Gardner said 4 to the door only increased 22% over straight 2.5 inch.

I could be wrong on the exact percentage but it’s posted here somewhere!

I took off the 50 feet of 2.5 hose off my truck. Average hose runs were only 100-125 feet with 2 inch hose right up to the wand. In other words was a waste of time.
So quit over thinking it and wasting your time.

At least we are thinking!

And probably wasting time!

I like the option in case I do run 150 or 200 it helps!

Like Joey Harper said the 2.5 feels like it moves your truck closer!

Now he’s running a machine that use 2 2.5 inch hose 500 feet!

Running two 4lt propane heaters not sure if it’s got a two blower also?

It’s a super Judson

Reactions: Mikey P

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joe b did a test on all the configurations. I got his paper somewhere. if you want I can post the results

Joe's a sharp guy
Did he use a an air meter or actually measure solution recovery...or both ?

I don't want to hear about air meters and fizzicks equations
Don't want to hear anecdotal "better dry times" unless they're side by side same time/same room evaluations to complete dry

I would LOVE to hear just how much measured solution was actually recovered …
seems to be a real a lack of that info

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

from what I see in pics and vids, a whole hellofalot of cowboys could increase solution recovery by simply not piling a clusterfook of jumbled hose at the exit doors and corridor corners .
Two things will happen....
the recovered solution won't have to flow thru 60ft of loops, twists and turns and jumble mess (if you wanna talk about restriction):oldrolleyes:
AND..it easier roll up when not a jumbled fookin mess ..DUH

show me some recovery numbers
not anecdotal pack following parroting

if it makes you feel bedder to wrestle 2.5 (especially in cold weather) ...have at it
if you want to run 14 to the door and set up twice as much hose that's needed...have at it
But if the majority of your runs are "normal" lengths, you're needlessly overworking yourself or crew for no practical reason

to plagiarize a PorkLip cutlet

IDIOTS

.L.T.A.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wish you guys would stop referring to the 2, 2" hoses being called 4 to the door. That's the stupidest setup, and it's a waste of time. Just keep your wand locked on the carpet for more lift to carry that water back to the TM WITHOUT ANY PAINT FILTERS. Let the basket do it's job. Your suction will remain stronger for a longer period of time. The sand will go through the basket and fall to the bottom of the tank, taking longer for the basket to fill up.

Now, back to the hoses. Time is money. Either run one 2" hose or ONE 2.5" hose, depending on the blower size. NO MORE. Just get the job done.

for years, I tried to overthink this job. Wasted a lot of time, AND MONEY, experimenting with all the tricks and SECRETS, of our trade. The jobs took longer, and profit was down.

Find your groove, and stay with it. Is the carpet coming clean? Are your dry times under 8hrs? Good. That's all you need.

And get out of the stupid 4 to the door idea.

Reactions: Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I want to do 6.5" to the door. I have the vac ports to do it.
Show me a link to find a 6.5" vac hose, dumbass!

And I don't mean several hoses adding up to 6.5" to one wand!!! That just makes me mad thinking that you'll waste your time trying that setup. QUIT LOSING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw your cooler you bought. You made me mad when you told me how much it cost.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Show me a link to find a 6.5" vac hose, dumbass!

And I don't mean several hoses adding up to 6.5" to one wand!!! That just makes me mad thinking that you'll waste your time trying that setup. QUIT LOSING MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw your cooler you bought. You made me mad when you told me how much it cost.
I know you're east of the Rockies, so I'll do the math for you.

2"+2"+2.5" ports = 6.5" to the door.

I'll make it even simpler...... 1 goat + Hillbilly = True love. ♥ ♥ ♥

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
$240 and still holding ice from yesterday morning. :) Looks like i'll get another day of ice out of it.

:madder::madder::madder:

IT'S JUST A DAMN COOLER!!! JUST PUT MORE ICE IN IT IF IT MELTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you have a freaking 870. If that blower can't suck the low GPM on a carpet cleaning wand through one 2" hose...Than Sapphire needs to close the doors

Reactions: Doug Rice

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm going back to bed now. I'm taking my boys to the waterslides (wet Walmart) today so I need some rest.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

anything over 100 feet start adding 25-foot sections of 2.5 until your run is complete......that is where you are going to see the difference in lift at the wand...that's going to be your sweet spot......

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hard to do that when the weather gets cold up here. You have to work fast at your set up and that 2.5 gets very stiff and hard to handle. Long hose runs in commercial I can see but residential no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom